PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former Pats WR Terry Glenn killed in car crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back in 1997 when I was doing a stint as copy editor at Patriots Football Weekly, I wrote the cover story for the team's yearbook from interviews with Drew Bledsoe and Terry Glenn about their on-field connection. I remember Terry seemed kind of unsure of himself being interviewed and wasn't terribly articulate. But he also was earnest and far from the "diva" type that later became his reputation. At the end of the interview he asked me, "Think that was OK?" He was a great talent who had a tough life.

Pats 1997 yearbook .jpg

Drew wrote a memorial to his friend. Haven't seen it linked here yet: :(

Bledsoe on Glenn:

"When I finally took the time to try to see the world through his eyes he told me, “Everyone I ever loved or trusted either betrayed me or died. I decided I just wouldn’t let anyone in so I wouldn’t get hurt anymore.” That recognition ultimately allowed him to slowly come around and learn to love and trust people."

Drew wrote a memorial to his friend. Haven't seen it linked here yet: :(

Bledsoe on Glenn:

"When I finally took the time to try to see the world through his eyes he told me, “Everyone I ever loved or trusted either betrayed me or died. I decided I just wouldn’t let anyone in so I wouldn’t get hurt anymore.” That recognition ultimately allowed him to slowly come around and learn to love and trust people."

Direct link.

Great, great memorial by Drew Bledsoe. What a fine person Drew is.

Settle down.

I said his death was tragic and had too many problems to overcome.

What I said was 100% accurate and in response to a poster.

Well, as long as what you said was accurate, no big deal. Wow. You just don't get it.

Prayers out to family and particularly the kids. Very sad.

Thrown from the car almost always means " no seatbelt", makes it doubly sad if death was preventable.

If that is the case, no seatbelt, then add frustrating to the already saddening comment on Glenn's death. I don't yet know the circumstances, however, "thrown" from the car can be otherwise survivable with just one second of time after getting in the car to pull and click in the seatbelt. Such a tiny, ineffectual thing that saves your life so often. Makes this a senseless downer...

If that is the case, no seatbelt, then add frustrating to the already saddening comment on Glenn's death. I don't yet know the circumstances, however, "thrown" from the car can be otherwise survivable with just one second of time after getting in the car to pull and click in the seatbelt. Such a tiny, ineffectual thing that saves your life so often. Makes this a senseless downer...

My friend's father was in an accident when he was younger. Had he been wearing a seatbelt, he would have been cut in half. But, yes, in most circumstances a seatbelt greatly increases your chances of survival and decreases your chances of serious injury.

Hopefully now Terry is finding the peace that alluded him for so long here on earth.
RIP Terry Glenn

Well, as long as what you said was accurate, no big deal. Wow. You just don't get it.

Read your post again.

Then you go on and bash Parcells when he was basically a father figure for the kid. It's because of Tuna he had the NFL career he did

You are an uninformed hypocrite.

Please put me on ignore.

This is devastating. I feel like I just lost a part of my childhood. As much as I love the Belichick era and all the titles the Bledsoe/Martin/Glenn mid to late 90s Pats teams were the ones I grew up with and really stuck with me. I was mostly a Sox/Celtics/Bruins fan before that. They were the ones that got me into football. I will always love that team and those players just a little bit more. Sounds stupid, I know.

Sadly, this parallels his career. Wasted potential. Talentwise he could have been a Hall of Fame member. Now this, his life cut way too sort. Just so sad on so many levels. So tragic. Not often I am affected by a celebrity death, but this definitely puts a damper on my day.

Awww man this is sad :(

Will never forget his rookie year - huge part of our sb run.

And he had one game with tom brady - the sd comeback in 2001. They tore it up that day with barely any familiarity with one another, imagine what that combo could have been.

Rest in peace Terry

So sad. One of my all time favorites. Certainly one of the most athletic WRs in patriots history. Had a few great years in New England, and in Dallas too. Very productive.

When I think of Glenn, I think of some of the most impossible catches I have ever seen a receiver make. He would make you go "how did he do that?"

He was a fantastic route runner. He could run 19 yards at full speed then stop on a dime into a perfect 20 yard comeback route. He was so fast he could leave you in the dust. He had an off the charts vertical, he could go up and get it that's for sure.

Our last first round pick used on a WR I believe. RIP Terry thanks for the incredible memories

Read your post again.

Then you go on and bash Parcells when he was basically a father figure for the kid. It's because of Tuna he had the NFL career he did

You are an uninformed hypocrite.

Please put me on ignore.

The fact that you would equate the two just further proves that you don't get how incredibly gross your comments were and sort of picture they paint of you. That does not make me a hypocrite it just proves that you do not understand how basic logic works. You got called out and instead of having the self insight and maturity to admit that were wrong you just keep doubling down. You clearly just want to argue, just like many of the people who come here. I have zero interest. I obviously am not going to get through to you. I'm done. You tell yourself whatever you need to. It is zero skin off my back.

My friend's father was in an accident when he was younger. Had he been wearing a seatbelt, he would have been cut in half. But, yes, in most circumstances a seatbelt greatly increases your chances of survival and decreases your chances of serious injury.

Extreme outlier aside, not wearing a seatbelt is incredibly poor judgment. You are either a secured occupant within a well designed safety cage or you are an independently traveling object within but disconnected from the safety cage.

The story details now note someone was in the vehicle with him. Glenn was ejected from the vehicle while the other passenger received "treated for minor injuries". While all the specifics are not yet confirmed this strongly suggests yet another needless death based on disregarding the ultra simple, two second act of clicking your seatbelt in.

RIP, much too young

Knock it off man. RW has never been a senseless ass whole. But I suspect you knew that already but decided to take the high and mighty angle to attack him and earn yourself a few social warrior bonus points.

RIP Terry. My prayers are with you and your family. The cards you were dealt as a child were unfair and yet you still found away to give back to society. God Bless.

TG was so talented.
Sad news here in Columbus Ohio where one of my temps was a high school classmate of his.

The fact that you would equate the two just further proves that you don't get how incredibly gross your comments were and sort of picture they paint of you. That does not make me a hypocrite it just proves that you do not understand how basic logic works. You got called out and instead of having the self insight and maturity to admit that were wrong you just keep doubling down. You clearly just want to argue, just like many of the people who come here. I have zero interest. I obviously am not going to get through to you. I'm done. You tell yourself whatever you need to. It is zero skin off my back.

You are the last person on this board who should be offering advice on maturity and logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back