PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Former NFL (and Patriot) DB Phillip Adams kills 5, then himself

Ugh.
The fact that this happens once in a while with an NFL player is probably running to the norm statistically. Plus there's the uncertainty and destabilization thrown in of concussion incidence rates. And unfortunately, the more it happens, the more it grows in the back of our conditioned minds as an acceptable and normalized way of resolving things.
As a Brit this thought process is just so alien to us. How something like this could be normalised. very sad

I wonder if he was one of the players who was denied a CTE settlement because he was black and his cognitive function hadn't degraded enough to count?

*CTE has entered the chat*
Just thinking I’m wondering what slants the media will come up with over the next 2 days to take one guys action and try to make as many other people and groups responsible as they can.
Have to go now because I have a webinar to attend where the speaker will discuss social justice and discrimination as it relates to the outdoors.

PAKFGTH

Does the media blame CTE, the NRA or the Patriots for this one?
The narrative is a mental health issue given who was involved, rather than the typical gun issue cop out. Interesting how that works.

This POS can rot in hell for his heinous acts that ruined families.

This thread is taking an interesting turn...

RIP to the victims. Horrible

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if you murder anyone, unless in self defense, you're garbage human being, CTE or no CTE

Man thats got to be heart wrenching for the family .
As well as the family of the 5th innocent victim, an A/C repair man who was on a service call at the house....

If I'm understanding correctly, someone lost both their parents and children at the same time. Literally doesn't get worse than that.

can you even imagine getting that call?

dont see how you could move forward after something like that

Horrors of the actual story aside, I am kinda bothered the reporting highlights his time as a Patriot above all the other teams.

Horrors of the actual story aside, I am kinda bothered the reporting highlights his time as a Patriot above all the other teams.
Tough being relevant...

Everyone wants to try and rationalize why someone would randomly kill 5 people. The truth is, if you do that, you are clearly not in your right mind. Drug use is usually the #1 factor. So before you claim football did this, lets check his drug history and a toxicology report. People become dependent on drugs and their sense of right and wrong diminishes in concert with their need to acquire more drugs. I have watched a high school honor student hold a knife to a teenage girls neck and demand $20. I think we are going to see the long term bad side effects of rampant drug use during adolescence.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back