PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Floyd to Vikings (new sentence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I replied to the post I quoted with the word "********."
Cool story. Thanks for the clarification.

You're right, Floyd was a beast during his time here, which consisted of a nice block and a TD catch. What did it cost for those games where he was mostly inactive and often looking lost? 1.5m? 2m?

Floyd played very little and displayed incredible effort in that time. Ochostinko looked like he would have not bothered to put his shirt and pants on if he could get away with it.

He was a disgrace.

9f4efa3bafc7cd1f53ee354af633681a1c30dd1d1d6418a7081abcde4ef895b5.jpg

Kombucha is like 0.5% alcohol. Less than near beer.

Cool story. Thanks for the clarification.

You're right, Floyd was a beast during his time here, which consisted of a nice block and a TD catch. What did it cost for those games where he was mostly inactive and often looking lost? 1.5m? 2m?

That's not what you said in this post. They both...

"The difference between failure and not being a fit is quite subjective, no? The point is that they both sucked ass and that people here are making a whole lotta noise over one nice block."

That is what I responded to. Effort and desire are very important IMO. I do not think those two players were in any way comparable for those attributes.

Floyd played very little and displayed incredible effort in that time.
Yes, his "effort" was tremendous. Aside from being inactive, he was able to cost us an INT during the divisional round playoff game, and sometimes couldn't figure where to line up. We'll all remember his awesome career as a NEP.

That's not what you said in this post. They both...

"The difference between failure and not being a fit is quite subjective, no? The point is that they both sucked ass and that people here are making a whole lotta noise over one nice block."

That is what I responded to. Effort and desire are very important IMO. I do not think those two players were in any way comparable for those attributes.

If you're saying that Johnson was worse (due to cost and also effort), then I'd agree, but they both pretty much proved to be failed acquisitions here. That's a fair statement.

If you're saying that Johnson was worse (due to cost and also effort), then I'd agree, but they both pretty much proved to be failed acquisitions here . That's a fair statement.

Irrelevant. We are stacked with receivers and no need to take a chance on someone with a drinking problem.

You seem determined to miss the point, so why not just leave it?

Irrelevant. We are stacked with receivers and no need to take a chance on someone with a drinking problem.

You seem determined to miss the point, so why not just leave it?
What is "irrelevant?" Floyd was not good here. He was a failure. Trying to talk about his great effort is silly. He made a freaking nice block and caught a TD. He also did plenty wrong and was often inactive. It cost the team 1.5--2m dollars. Do you see that as a success story?

You're wrong, it's as simple as that. He played two games as a patriot and made two outstanding plays, not good, outstanding.

You're simply wrong.

What is "irrelevant?" Floyd was not good here. He was a failure. Trying to talk about his great effort is silly. He made a freaking nice block and caught a TD. He also did plenty wrong and was often inactive. It cost the team 1.5--2m dollars. Do you see that as a success story?

You're confusing business with performance. They were hedging bets on injured players. He performed well in very limited time, then they didn't need him. Belichick often takes gambles, but relies on vets if healthy.

Amendola, Hogan and Mitchell were all injured late season.

Obviously, he's still full of ****, just like in the past. Luckily, we have a coach who isn't a moron.

If you're five days away from finishing your court ordered BAC testing regiment and get popped at 0.055 you have a problem. He seems like a good guy with a big problem. I hope he figures it out.

You're wrong, it's as simple as that. He played two games as a patriot and made two outstanding plays, not good, outstanding.

You're simply wrong.

He was fantastic in the Miami game and looked lost during the Texan game. So mixed results imo. If drinking was still an issue his performance may not have mattered anyways no matter how good or bad.

He was fantastic in the Miami game and looked lost during the Texan game. So mixed results imo. If drinking was still an issue his performance may not have mattered anyways no matter how good or bad.

He was signed for insurance for three injured WR. They all got healthy, so his shot was over. Far cry from a player who wouldn't learn or give a decent effort over a year and a half.

He had all those 'Gansetts the night before HOU so...

He was signed for insurance for three injured WR. They all got healthy, so his shot was over. Far cry from a player who wouldn't learn or give a decent effort over a year and a half.
I've already said that any comparison to Johnson was faulty, based on overall cost--but the hype on him from day one (and apparently current, in your case) was over the top. If you took issue with that specific comparison and it's been addressed, I'm not sure what else you're looking for?

You're taking it waaaaay further, claiming that he was some type of success story, and that he had great games here, etc. That's absolutely ridiculous to me. At any rate, there's no use going around in circles. I respectfully disagree, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back