PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Floyd to Vikings (new sentence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What block did Chad make?

Anyways Chad was a big part of our off season and a waste of cap space. Chad was clearly a failure, while Floyd just wasn't a fit.

Go back and rewatch the 2011 season. I'm sure you'll see him making a block at some point. :D

The difference between failure and not being a fit is quite subjective, no? The point is that they both sucked ass and that people here are making a whole lotta noise over one nice block.

GIF-5.gif

When you sign the day after it is required to give up a comp pick, you either get the player a comp pick is awarded.

It was reported Floyd would sign after the comp pick window expired. Thus, there was collusion to not sign the player.

This isn't hard to figure out.

There was nothing to stop Team C from swooping in and offering Floyd $4 million a year, in which case Floyd would happily tell the Vikings to go screw.

Waiting until things are totally advantageous for your team to make a move is something the Pats has done before, I'm sure. It's just smart.

Go back and rewatch the 2011 season. I'm sure you'll see him making a block at some point. :D

The difference between failure and not being a fit is quite subjective, no? The point is that they both sucked ass and that people here are making a whole lotta noise over one nice block.

Not really.

Ochocinco cost us a lot of assets and had some hype behind it. We knew he was mostly washed up but some of us were hoping for that one last golden season Belichick can get out of some players, and it cost us a lot in opportunity to have that guy on the roster over other recievers we could have had.

Floyd? He cost us whatever it cost to acquire him and find out that he didn't operate well in our system and when he wasn't a fit we were free to bury him on the depth chart.

Pretty fair to say that Floy was just a poor fit and Ochocinco was a failure.

I dunno. They both caught a touchdown pass and made a nice block. They both were inactive at times and had difficulty picking up the playbook/lining up properly, etc.

The difference is that Chad had a 53 yard reception, although, as you said, it cost us a draft pick.

Actually OchoCinco cost TWO draft picks:

5th round in 2012
6th round in 2013.

BB is the GOAT, but I never understood his attraction to OchoCinco.

Reportedly the Bengals were ready to release Ochocinco until BB bailed him out with a sweetheart deal.

Not really.

Ochocinco cost us a lot of assets and had some hype behind it. We knew he was mostly washed up but some of us were hoping for that one last golden season Belichick can get out of some players, and it cost us a lot in opportunity to have that guy on the roster over other recievers we could have had.

Floyd? He cost us whatever it cost to acquire him and find out that he didn't operate well in our system and when he wasn't a fit we were free to bury him on the depth chart.

Pretty fair to say that Floy was just a poor fit and Ochocinco was a failure.
I get what you're saying and I don't disagree by any means, but the fact that we're even still discussing it shows that there has been plenty of hype for Floyd, too.

Hell, people were honestly suggesting that Brady, Edelman, etc should change up their offseason workout routines to go out to AZ due to Floyd's legal troubles.

We're only talking about it because the guy literally just signed elsewhere. When was the last time there was even a post about Floyd when the conversation was about another member of our receiver corps? Or about the receiver corps in general? He's a nonfactor, he was always a nonfactor, he was brought here to find out if he could be a factor and the answer was, while he was talented, no, he wasn't going to be one here.

Sucks for him. He needs to get control of his addiction before it completely destroys his life.

I know, easier said than done.

Actually OchoCinco cost TWO draft picks:

5th round in 2012
6th round in 2013.

BB is the GOAT, but I never understood his attraction to OchoCinco.

Reportedly the Bengals were ready to release Ochocinco until BB bailed him out with a sweetheart deal.
Meh whatever, late round picks. I don't regret taking that shot.

My issue with Chad Johnson was not so much the draft picks, but the amount of cap space allocated to him. After he was traded the Pats signed him to a three year, $12 million contract. Yes he took a pay cut a year later, but that original contract for a 33 year old receiver seemed to be way too much, with cap dollars better allocated elsewhere.

Granted there was a need to replace Randy Moss, but OchoCinco was never the answer.

According to Schefter, here's Floyd's statement:
Michael Floyd started his 96-day home monitoring on March 13, 2017. During this time period, Michael was tested a minimum of six times per day. For the first 90 days, Michael’s blood alcohol content was 0.0 for all of his 500 plus tests.

On June 10, 2017, Michael watched movies at his place of residence until 3:00 a.m. During that time, he drank several bottles of kombucha tea drinks, unaware that the drinks contain alcohol.

On June 11, 2017 at 5:30 a.m., Michael was tested and his blood alcohol content was .055. Michael was tested again at 5:54 a.m. and his blood alcohol content was down to .045. Michael was tested again at 6:23 a.m. and his blood alcohol content was .044. He then went back to sleep and missed a test at 6:33 a.m.

Michael was five days away from the end of his home monitoring. Prior to and after this incident, Michael has not had any alcohol whatsoever since the start of his home monitoring. Unfortunately, the kombucha teas that Michael did drink resulted in a positive blood alcohol content reading. As a result, the Court wishes to hear from Michael on June 26. At that time, Michael will have an opportunity to explain how this unfortunate test result happened.

Hope Michael gets some help for his problem, but here [not block] was more effort than ochostinko's entire Patriot career.

********, what--exactly? What are you talking about?

You don't like a comparison to Chad Johnson, fine, but the hype surrounding Floyd was ridiculous.

Ochostinko basically just stole his salary, like a pol in a no show job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes