PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Floyd to Vikings (new sentence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll always have your heads up block and your TD catch, Michael, so you're right on par with Chad Ochocinco. :D

Wow, double pity .. if signed yesterday would bring (a possible) 6th rounder..

Last edited:
If there was a legit commissioner with balls, he would punish the Vikings for gaming the comp selection process in waiting to sign Floyd right after the deadline.

That's scummy.
Aren't we pretty much going to do the same thing, though? Isn't it commonplace to wait for some vet signings after the May 9th deadline?

the vikings are afraid the pats will draft the next TFB with thst pick.
If there was a legit commissioner with balls, he would punish the Vikings for gaming the comp selection process in waiting to sign Floyd right after the deadline.

That's scummy.
Isn't it much more likely that signing Floyd prior to the deadline would have counted against their comp pick formula? Why would any team want to do that?

That's ok. We are stacked at WR/TE and I for one am excited to see what the new configuration brings. Thanks for the Dolphins game Mike! (which I had the added pleasure of watching at a Dolphins fan's house).

Floyd's reported contract with Minny is about what I thought the Pats would have offered him, if they'd wanted him back.

yes. some very accurate projections back then, some even before Miami game.
__

Still . Id bet each of the two highlight plays - the unbelievable push to the goal line and tremendous hit for Julian's TD - earned him some M more in incentives..

Floyd did more in his little time here than OchoStinko did throughout the entire 2011 season + POs…and without the loss of draft picks.
I dunno. They both caught a touchdown pass and made a nice block. They both were inactive at times and had difficulty picking up the playbook/lining up properly, etc.

The difference is that Chad had a 53 yard reception, although, as you said, it cost us a draft pick.

I dunno. They both caught a touchdown pass and made a nice block. They both were inactive at times and had difficulty picking up the playbook/lining up properly, etc.

The difference is that Chad had a 53 yard reception, although, as you said, it cost us a draft pick.

What block did Chad make?

Anyways Chad was a big part of our off season and a waste of cap space. Chad was clearly a failure, while Floyd just wasn't a fit.

Isn't it much more likely that signing Floyd prior to the deadline would have counted against their comp pick formula? Why would any team want to do that?

Comp picks should be awarded at anytime before the season starts. I don't care if it's the minute before Sunday before the Thursday kickoff.

Make teams pay for gaming the system.

Nothing scummy about it. They are competing organisations.

When you sign the day after it is required to give up a comp pick, you either get the player a comp pick is awarded.

It was reported Floyd would sign after the comp pick window expired. Thus, there was collusion to not sign the player.

This isn't hard to figure out.

Comp picks should be awarded at anytime before the season starts. I don't care if it's the minute before Sunday before the Thursday kickoff.

Make teams pay for gaming the system.
I hear your concerns about wishing that the system were different, however it is what it is, and we see a prime example of that right now with the Blount situation. I'm already hearing from Steeler fans about how Belichick "manipulates" the system, and they're right--but everyone should use it to their advantage.

In the case of signing Floyd, the Vikings were correct in waiting an extra day or two so that they didn't have his signing factor into their comp pick equation, while also making one of their 31 competitors that much stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back