PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fins getting a gift from the Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua4Ever04 said:
HAHA! I take it you aren't a betting man. And if you are, you probably have a hole in your pocket. But I'm glad you're rooting for Daunte to get injured. That's pretty classy.

You are talking about betting? The biggest welsh on the board?
STFU please....

My check goes to the Bread of Life today and will be confirmed by a moderator of this group - as agreed to in the terms and conditions of our bet. You sir are dead to me unless and until you fulfill your obligation and make good on the wager you accepted. It is perfectly fine if you do not bet, just STFU.

Last edited:
fgssand said:
You are talking about betting? The biggest welsh on the board?
STFU please....

My check goes to the Bread of Life today and will be confirmed by a moderator of this group - as agreed to in the terms and conditions of our bet. You sir are dead to me unless and until you fulfill your obligation and make good on the wager you accepted. It is perfectly fine if you do not bet, just STFU.

I already told you where my check when pal.

PatsFanInVa said:
Come on, jct, be fair. WE just picked up a receiver that caught 8 balls in the last two years or something, I think (appropriately) named Jonathan Smith or something.

But, overall, I agree the fins have more problems with depth than NE. Like you say, it all will get settled on the field, and they seem to have almost drawn a bye in week 1.

PFnV

I would much rather play the Bills in week 1 then to go into Pittsburgh's house without Ben.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I would much rather play the Bills in week 1 then to go into Pittsburgh's house without Ben.
Already making excuses? You are amusing.:D

Charlie Batch is going to pick apart the phins secondary

The Steelers at home are no cakewalk and, although I'm sure Nick Saban's Miami team has improved, I'm not sure they're ready to overthrow the SB champs Big Ben or not. However, the Steelers must keep their backup QB from making mistakes, one bad one made at a critical juncture of the game could lose it for them, therefore, I think Cowher will be somewhat vanilla on his offensive game plan. I forsee lots of their running game.:D

Last edited:
Miami (with their crap OL against a stellar Pitt front 7) will not be able to run against Pittsburg so Culpepper will have to beat them. With Miami having only 2 legit targets (chambers & mcmichael), Pittsburg will have a chance to double at least one. Most likely they will put Ike Taylor on Chambers one on one and double McMichael (giving help to their new safety...although now that I think of it Polamalu may be able to handle McMichael all by himself).

Does anyone think that Culpepper throwing to whoever is left for Miami is a strategy capable of putting up many points against a strong Pitt defense? Not likely thinks I. On the other hand, no Rothsbgr means no passing offense for Pitt (especially with a sub-par Ward) against a good Miami defense (well, at least the front 7 is good). I (and the bentnoses in Vegas) think this will be a low scoring defensive struggle which may come down to special teams play.

It will be sweet to watch all the front-running mediots have to eat crow when Pitt beats the Dolphins without their starting QB. Hopefully they will be so discouraged they will go into the tank in their next game too!

PonyExpress said:
Already making excuses? You are amusing.:D

What excuse did I make?

hobbsownscoles said:
Charlie Batch is going to pick apart the phins secondary

I'm glad you provided evidence to support your ridiculous opinion.

patpatriot said:
Miami (with their crap OL against a stellar Pitt front 7) will not be able to run against Pittsburg so Culpepper will have to beat them. With Miami having only 2 legit targets (chambers & mcmichael), Pittsburg will have a chance to double at least one. Most likely they will put Ike Taylor on Chambers one on one and double McMichael (giving help to their new safety...although now that I think of it Polamalu may be able to handle McMichael all by himself)

It will be sweet to watch all the front-running mediots have to eat crow when Pitt beats the Dolphins without their starting QB. Hopefully they will be so discouraged they will go into the tank in their next game too!

That crappy o-line you're talking about allowed 4.5 YPC from the running backs and just 20 sacks last season. Doesn't sound too bad to me. If you think Chambers and McMichael are the only targets, you just don't know anything about the Dolphins. Marty Booker is far better than anything the Patriots have right now and Ronnie Brown is one of the better recieving backs in the NFL.

So you are predicting a Pittsburgh win? Alright, I'll take note of that.

Seriously, are we still arguing with these two? Lessons slowly learned for some here, I suppose.

Brownfan80 said:
Seriously, are we still arguing with these two? Lessons slowly learned for some here, I suppose.
Don't worry, it's like a cat playing with mice before the kill.

PonyExpress said:

I looked at it more like the school senior football team taking out the Special Needs kids, but have it your way. :)

PonyExpress said:

More like the cat chewing on the electical wire!!!

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Marty Booker is far better than anything the Patriots have right now.

So you are predicting a Pittsburgh win? Alright, I'll take note of that.

Whoops...just shot all your credibility right there.

Huh. With one exception, Pittsburgh never give us trouble WITH Big Ben.

Guess we see them differently.

PFnV

patpatriot said:
Whoops...just shot all your credibility right there.

Well then please enlighten me with your knowledge, and tell me who the Pats have that is better. Doug Gabriel is your number 1 man. If you think he is better, than you're just flat out ignorant.

i just had to dig this thread up again and laugh. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.. wow what a gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents