PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fins getting a gift from the Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BelichickFan said:
Although I'll be rooting for the Steelers, by week 17 we may be realizing that we really want a Dolphin win.
I don't know BFan. I'll be rooting for the Steelers too, but I don't know that Pitt is going to even win their division. They didn't even win it last year, and Cincy is a real up and comer team. In addition they have to deal with all the usual Super Bowl hangover stuff that we've had to deal in three of the past five year; shorter offseason, less time to prepare for the draft, everyone gunning for you, guys thinking they're so good they don't have to put in as much effort, etc.

On top of that you have Heinz Ward's hammy, Roethlisberger's offseason woes and now his appendectomy, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers slip to 9-7.

Miami, on the other hand, seems to be getting break after break at least in terms of putting together their six game winning streak against weak teams and our 3rd stringers, and now this. I'm sure if they win that during the following week all the airheads on ESPN will have them winning the Super Bowl.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
When did I quote him out of context?
Because you conveniently left out the part where he was implying that the Stealers are a dirty hitting team which led to the statement of Culpepper possibly getting hurt.

PromisedLand said:
I don't know BFan. I'll be rooting for the Steelers too, but I don't know that Pitt is going to even win their division. They didn't even win it last year, and Cincy is a real up and comer team. In addition they have to deal with all the usual Super Bowl hangover stuff that we've had to deal in three of the past five year; shorter offseason, less time to prepare for the draft, everyone gunning for you, guys thinking they're so good they don't have to put in as much effort, etc.

On top of that you have Heinz Ward's hammy, Roethlisberger's offseason woes and now his appendectomy, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers slip to 9-7.

Miami, on the other hand, seems to be getting break after break at least in terms of putting together their six game winning streak against weak teams and our 3rd stringers, and now this. I'm sure if they win that during the following week all the airheads on ESPN will have them winning the Super Bowl.
I don't disagree, I'm just saying that the NFL is a funny thing. And while it looks now like a Pittsburgh win would be advantageous, things might look different in January - or they might not.

Kdo5 said:
Hines Ward may not be playing Thursday along with Ben Roethlisberger. Easy win for the Dolphins and then we'll hear the bragging. :mad:

No Way it's an "easy win" for the 'Fins or any team playing the SB Winner at Home on Opening Night...I look for the Steelers to pull it out and leave Miami scrathing their heads and wondering how they lost...

This should be a very interesting game. Culpepper admits he's not where he was in 2004. Jerome Bettis said on NBC he thought Culpepper was limping during the preseason. What will the Steelers offense look like with Batch at the helm? They are a run first team but will Batch be able to make the plays when he needs to? Not sure who to root for at this point.

For some reading on where Culpepper thinks he is. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-culpepper04sep04,0,7452011.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

jaychamp said:
Because you conveniently left out the part where he was implying that the Stealers are a dirty hitting team which led to the statement of Culpepper possibly getting hurt.

Oh, okay. My apologies. I was just using the part that I wanted to discuss. My fault.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Oh, okay. My apologies. I was just using the part that I wanted to discuss. My fault.
You're just defending your boy. I understand ;)

BelichickFan said:
Although I'll be rooting for the Steelers, by week 17 we may be realizing that we really want a Dolphin win.

Okay that makes no sense. Look, if we're 7-9, Miami, Buffalo, and NYJ are 6-10, and Pittsburgh is 16-0, that still makes a Pittsburgh win in our interests. (Plus, frankly, we'll still beat Pittsburgh LOL.)

Dude get your head straight!

PFnV

Joker said:
Jay Fielder isn't the Phins QB

The O line crumbles and daunte can run, take hits and still throw...to who??? THat nutbag McMichael

You clowns are misreading what Culpepper brings...NOBody can cover McMichael in space beyond the line in front ofthe LB's. THe Fins will move the ball...the O line only has to pick up the inside stunts

This is a dangerous team this year...Culpepper goes down..they suffer...but Culppepper can put the ball in Chambvers hands...unlike the ridiculous Fielder

I don't think that Culpepper will have the mobility he's shown in the past, honestly.

DaBruinz said:
I don't think that Culpepper will have the mobility he's shown in the past, honestly.

He may have lost a half step, but he is still one of the top 3 scramblers in football. Nothing drives a defense more crazy than a QB escaping a good blitz to get past the marker on a 3rd and long play. Daunte's legs will be just fine.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
He may have lost a half step, but he is still one of the top 3 scramblers in football. Nothing drives a defense more crazy than a QB escaping a good blitz to get past the marker on a 3rd and long play. Daunte's legs will be just fine.
If you keep saying that to yourself and click your ruby slippers together, maybe it will come true!

DaBruinz said:

Brady is no more accurate then Culpepper at least according to their stats and Brady is far less mobil the Daunte, even after Dauntes injury. You don't seem concerned Brady isn't mobil, why worry about Daunte?? Funny thing is with every division rival that picks apart the Dolphins, you all seem to clearly see short comings with your rival teams, but issues for your own team don't exist. It easy to find problems.....if you try hard enough. No matter how much Pat fans hate it, Miami isn't going to be an easy team to beat and they sure as heck aren't going backwards.

PonyExpress said:
If you keep saying that to yourself and click your ruby slippers together, maybe it will come true!

The same can be said said about how you feel about Branch and your receiving game.

Be happy with another 9-7 season then talk trash in '07. I'll wait till Culpepper has actually survived a few games on that bionic knee before polishing his bust for the HOF. You guys are overanxious, like a heavyweight contender who's never fought anyone but tomato cans. When you come to play the champ, all your smack comes off as a joke. There's more to winning SBs then alot of good press and a one legged QB.

PonyExpress said:
Be happy with another 9-7 season then talk trash in '07. I'll wait till Culpepper has actually survived a few games on that bionic knee before polishing his bust for the HOF. You guys are overanxious, like a heavyweight contender who's never fought anyone but tomato cans. When you come to play the champ, all your smack comes off as a joke. There's more to winning SBs then alot of good press and a one legged QB.

Yet another Pat fan who thinks everything is your god given right! You're in no better position to talk smack then anyone other teams fan base. The Pats are 0-0 just like everyone else, you're not psychic so you don't know what will happen. Just because you won the SB in 04 doesn't mean it's yours in 06, even though you're not mature enough to understand that or accept it.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Right. I remember Vick and other scrambling QBs driving the Patriots crazy in years past...:rolleyes:

feelthepain said:
Yet another Pat fan who thinks everything is your god given right! You're in no better position to talk smack then anyone other teams fan base. The Pats are 0-0 just like everyone else, you're not psychic so you don't know what will happen. Just because you won the SB in 04 doesn't mean it's yours in 06, even though you're not mature enough to understand that or accept it.
...But I'm mature enough not to troll other teams' message boards, jackass.

feelthepain said:
Brady is no more accurate then Culpepper at least according to their stats and Brady is far less mobil the Daunte
Would you at least agree that the difference is that, at least in the past, teams had to respect Daunte running but not Brady? I think that would make a difference on how teams defend the pass. Kudos to Dante for actually completing his passes though unlike Vick.

For the record I think Daunte is better than people here seem to give him credit for, but his knee has to be a concern.

PonyExpress said:
...But I'm mature enough not to troll other teams' message boards, jackass.

More proof you're a two year old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick