PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fins getting a gift from the Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
feelthepain said:
More proof you're a two year old!

Why isn't this thread and these Miami posters on the interleague forum? No one here gives a rats ass about the perennial second place Dolphins and their annual claim to Super Bowl glory that happens every August, but vanishes every December...

jaychamp said:
Would you at least agree that the difference is that, at least in the past, teams had to respect Daunte running but not Brady? I think that would make a difference on how teams defend the pass. Kudos to Dante for actually completing his passes though unlike Vick.

For the record I think Daunte is better than people here seem to give him credit for, but his knee has to be a concern.

Anytime a player has a serious knee injury it's a concern, but to dwell on it does little good. Daunte could play the whole season with very little effect on his game from the injury, or he could go down in with his first play of the first game. Tom Brady can suffer a season ending injury at any time. Daunte has another dimension (running) that Brady doesn't have. So for him to lose a little speed doesn't stop him from running and the more he does it the more comfortable he will be with his knee. He ran this preseason and he ran during camp, he may of lost a couple of 10ths of a second off his fourty time, but he didn't lose the ability to run. Pat fans are hoping for the worst and could care less about facts. We also have great depth at the QB position and if we lose Daunte we can still compete.

Daunte has a strong career of being a very accurate smart QB, who's thrown for a lotta yards and made three probowl apperances. Daunte was in the playoffs in 04 on an 8-8 team that was missing Moss for most of the year, that still didn't keep Culpepper from throwing for over 4700 yrds 39 td's 64.4 compl % and a 110.9 passer rating. BTW, Brady has never posted just one of those stats at any point in his career much less all of them at one time. Brady's a great QB no doubt, but he's had a lotta help.

feelthepain said:
Daunte HAD another dimension (running) that Brady doesn't have.

Fixed your post. This isn't Culpepper circa 2000 we're talking about here, friend.

Jacky Roberts said:
Why isn't this thread and these Miami posters on the interleague forum? No one here gives a rats ass about the perennial second place Dolphins and their annual claim to Super Bowl glory that happens every August, but vanishes every December...

Oh right, give the Pat fans team respect, but they owe no one else respect, good luck with that.

Jacky Roberts said:
Fixed your post. This isn't Culpepper circa 2000 we're talking about here, friend.

Fix your brain, this isn't New England Patriots 2004 were talkin about either!!

Last edited:
Jacky Roberts said:

Look at the people that have started these threads moron. It's all Patriot guys talking about the Fins so obviously some people do care.

feelthepain said:
Anytime a player has a serious knee injury it's a concern, but to dwell on it does little good. Daunte could play the whole season with very little effect on his game from the injury, or he could go down in with his first play of the first game. Tom Brady can suffer a season ending injury at any time. Daunte has another dimension (running) that Brady doesn't have. So for him to lose a little speed doesn't stop him from running and the more he does it the more comfortable he will be with his knee. He ran this preseason and he ran during camp, he may of lost a couple of 10ths of a second off his fourty time, but he didn't lose the ability to run. Pat fans are hoping for the worst and could care less about facts. We also have great depth at the QB position and if we lose Daunte we can still compete.

Daunte has a strong career of being a very accurate smart QB, who's thrown for a lotta yards and made three probowl apperances. Daunte was in the playoffs in 04 on an 8-8 team that was missing Moss for most of the year, that still didn't keep Culpepper from throwing for over 4700 yrds 39 td's 64.4 compl % and a 110.9 passer rating. BTW, Brady has never posted just one of those stats at any point in his career much less all of them at one time. Brady's a great QB no doubt, but he's had a lotta help.

TO BAD HE HAS NO RINGS

feelthepain said:
Fix your brain, this isn't New England Patriots 2004 were talkin about either!!
You're absolutely right, they're better this year :)

hmm how did a discussion between the pitt vs phins game turn into a pissing contest? For the 100th time, lets just wait for the season to get going.

I for one see the 'Phins doing okay and getting the wild card, but not beating the Pats for the division title. I can even see an 11-5 (Pats)/10-6 (Fins) scenario, although I think 12-4/9-7 more likely.

No need to suddenly put Miami on the dung heap, just because they are the preseason media darlings. They're a good first team, without NE's depth, and every bit as likely to incur injuries (over a 16 game season, they're inevitable, and by comparison, Miami is woefully unprepared.)

I'd actually see a tiny hint of peril in this one if I were Miami. Think about it. How does it hit you if Pitt has no Ben, no Ward... and you somehow STILL lose to them?

All I can say is... GO FAST WILLIE! (But I do think you guys open up at 1-0.)

PFnV

PatsFanInVa said:
I for one see the 'Phins doing okay and getting the wild card, but not beating the Pats for the division title. I can even see an 11-5 (Pats)/10-6 (Fins) scenario, although I think 12-4/9-7 more likely.

No need to suddenly put Miami on the dung heap, just because they are the preseason media darlings. They're a good first team, without NE's depth, and every bit as likely to incur injuries (over a 16 game season, they're inevitable, and by comparison, Miami is woefully unprepared.)

I'd actually see a tiny hint of peril in this one if I were Miami. Think about it. How does it hit you if Pitt has no Ben, no Ward... and you somehow STILL lose to them?

All I can say is... GO FAST WILLIE! (But I do think you guys open up at 1-0.)

PFnV

What did people here and throughout the league think of the Pats at the start of the 2001 season?? No SB talk!! You can't assume anything, Miami fans are excited, but we don't talk in guaratees the way Pat fans do, that's your problem. 99 % of Pat fans here think the outcome of the season has already been decided, thats not confidence that's ignorance. You don't know how the season will unfold. But you talk as if you do.

feelthepain said:
What did people here and throughout the league think of the Pats at the start of the 2001 season?? No SB talk!! You can't assume anything, Miami fans are excited, but we don't talk in guaratees the way Pat fans do, that's your problem. 99 % of Pat fans here think the outcome of the season has already been decided, thats not confidence that's ignorance. You don't know how the season will unfold. But you talk as if you do.
I know that Culpepper is "likely" to limp or be carted off the field at some juncture this season, never to return, crushing all your hopes in one fell swoop. I'll remember you with compassion while I'm partying at the SB in your home town.

PonyExpress said:
I know that Culpepper is "likely" to limp or be carted off the field at some juncture this season, never to return, crushing all your hopes in one fell swoop. I'll remember you with compassion while I'm partying at the SB in your home town.
Speaking of which, shouldn't having the Super Bowl being in the home stadium of one of the participants be illegal? Not that we have to worry about that this year... :p

PonyExpress said:

You better hope so. That's your only shot of the division. Even if it happens, you still might not win it.

I guess you'll be hoping 'Happy Feet' Harrington can save your season. It will be real entertainment watching Joey Sunshine have a mental break down in the pocket when he sees Wilfork and Seymour for the first time. Is his favorite pocket dance the moonwalk or the foxtrot? What a fruit.

Last edited:
This has been the most entertaining thread I've seen in a long time.
Frankly the only thing that the Miami morons are getting right is that all of this WILL BE SETTLED on the field. When Saban has to pick up Suggs a guy rejected by the Jets that is really sad...

PonyExpress said:
I guess you'll be hoping 'Happy Feet' Harrington can save your season. It will be real entertainment watching Joey Sunshine have a mental break down in the pocket when he sees Wilfork and Seymour for the first time. Is his favorite pocket dance the moonwalk or the foxtrot? What a fruit.

Well Daunte Culpepper is our starting quarterback. We're you aware of that?

jct said:
Frankly the only thing that the Miami morons are getting right is that all of this WILL BE SETTLED on the field. When Saban has to pick up Suggs a guy rejected by the Jets that is really sad...

I see nothing wrong with picking up a backup running back on the waiver wire. If that's the best you got, please, try again. I'd love too see the next one you come up with.

jct said:

Come on, jct, be fair. WE just picked up a receiver that caught 8 balls in the last two years or something, I think (appropriately) named Jonathan Smith or something.

But, overall, I agree the fins have more problems with depth than NE. Like you say, it all will get settled on the field, and they seem to have almost drawn a bye in week 1.

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick