PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fantasy League Question: Who to start....Blount or Gray

It would be nice if people spelled the names of Patriots players right when they start a new thread ...

I wish I did too :)
Thats what I get for starting a thread before hitting the coffee machine at work :)

It would be nice if people spelled the names of Patriots players right when they start a new thread ...
Belicheck is gonna start who he wants no matter what we say, anyway.
;)

I wish I did too :)
Thats what I get for starting a thread before hitting the coffee machine at work :)

Can the OP edit the thread title, or does it have to be the Mods? In which case, Mods, please!

The biggest weakness in Blount's game is his need for 2 clean steps to get up his power. With a line like Green Bay's opposing him, that shouldn't cause any problems. I'm looking for both Blount and Gray to get carries in this game, similar to what we were seeing for most of last season (a drive or two for one player, followed by a drive or two for the other).

Since I don't do FF, I don't really care about the points. I guess if I were to choose, I'd go with Blount. The Patriots seem to use him to close out games more often than they did with Ridley, and we don't really have a track record to look at for Gray.

Blount, people keep mentioning that Gray not playing was punishment. While there may have been a bit of that, I think it was mostly that BB thinks Blount is a better back. I also think the Pats will get a lot of yards on the ground Sunday.

May have been bit of that? Gray did not see the field AT ALL. He may think Blount is a better RB but it nonsensical for a HoF coach - after a player having a 37 carry 201 yd 4 TD performance to not play him all all for the following game.

May have been bit of that? Gray did not see the field AT ALL. He may think Blount is a better RB but it nonsensical for a HoF coach - after a player having a 37 carry 201 yd 4 TD performance to not play him all all for the following game.

Yeah, it was clearly punitive. The fact that Blount returned and they weren't going to run much anyway made it easier to do so, but there is no way his not seeing the field was just situational.

This is an actual dilemma I'm facing! I need to win this week to secure a playoff spot. I picked up Gray after the 4 TD game and already had Blount on my team. I started Gray (I thought BB would bench him for the opening series or at most the 1st qtr). Of course Gray doesn't get a carry and Blount gets 2 TDs. This week I'm going with Blount. Even if they split carries I think Blount will get more goal line work.

It's funny how it goes sometimes. I've never seen a sadder situation then my fantasy RB's this year. Drafted R. Mathews, R. Rice, S. Ridley, and L. Blount. After week 1 Mathews is injured and Rice is suspended. I pick up Mathews back up D. Brown, and then he gets injured. Ridley is then done for the year. I pick up A. Smith on Atlanta and then he goes on IR. Then I pick up Gray and he sleeps in! Unbelievable how many backs I've gone through this year.

Who cares. Fantasy football is for losers. Get this crap off here.
Why even bother to respond in this thread? Millions of people enjoy fantasy football. I've been in a league since '92. Draft night with my brothers and friends is one of the best nights of the year.

Who cares. Fantasy football is for losers. Get this crap off here.

Why dont you tell us how you ~really~ feel.

Blount, people keep mentioning that Gray not playing was punishment. While there may have been a bit of that, I think it was mostly that BB thinks Blount is a better back. I also think the Pats will get a lot of yards on the ground Sunday.

This, pretty much. I have Blount in two fantasy leagues, and in one of them I dropped Gray for him the day after he signed with the Pats. Gray's lack of touches probably had a bit to do with discipline last week, but I think it had more to do with the opponent (and therefore a lack of rushing attempts in general) as well as Blount just being a better player.

Last edited:
Why even bother to respond in this thread? Millions of people enjoy fantasy football. I've been in a league since '92. Draft night with my brothers and friends is one of the best nights of the year.
I hate FF and I totally agree with you. Why bother?

Blount will most likely get the bulk of carries with Gray taking some of the load off. I'd expect 15-20 for Blount and 5-10 for Gray.

Blount Force or Cold Gray Steel?

Why choose when you don't have to. Both are equally devastating as weapons.

It's stupid. Not only that, but whether it gets brought up online or during a game by people around you, it's flat out annoying. It takes away enjoyment from a football game and becomes more about an individual stats competition. It's actually a big part of why the general public overrates Manning so damn much. Then, every single gameday you got annoying little sh*ts at every corner of the internet bugging other people with "WHO SHOULD I START!?" - Nobody knows! I'm sure they'd be too busy getting rich off perfecting flawless lineups in their own league if they truly knew.

It's stupid. Not only that, but whether it gets brought up online or during a game by people around you, it's flat out annoying. It takes away enjoyment from a football game and becomes more about an individual stats competition. It's actually a big part of why the general public overrates Manning so damn much. Then, every single gameday you got annoying little sh*ts at every corner of the internet bugging other people with "WHO SHOULD I START!?" - Nobody knows! I'm sure they'd be too busy getting rich off perfecting flawless lineups in their own league if they truly knew.

Use the "ignore thread" option.

blount will see goaline touches...easy...him

I have Vereen and Gray on one team. Gray will see the bench the entire time unless Vereen gets hurt

Here is the thing. Fine, you don't like it. But who in the heck named you arbitrator of whats stupid and whats not?

I'm glad most reasonable posters around here know that when they have nothing constructive to say , they don't let the rest of the world know.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back