PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Extend Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little grandmotherly love:

How do you know that?

IMHO Brady wanted to stay here and finish his career with the Pats.
He went to krafts house, said I’m leaving, kraft says is there anything we can do, Brady said no.

He went to krafts house, said I’m leaving, kraft says is there anything we can do, Brady said no.
You keep saying this like you were in the room. Provide a link to Kraft saying this?

I'm sure Bill will have options in 2021, including a Cam redo, but why did he leave us without a QB in 2020? That's my beef.
Because he thought Brady would sign crap deals forever.

Brady could have stayed if he wanted to. He didn't want to stay.

Belichick takes no responsibility whatsoever for that.

Because he thought Brady would sign crap deals forever.

Do you really think an extra $5 million dollars is a big deal to Tom and Gisele? He left because the team didn't have the weapons he wanted...he was happy when AB was here (despite the strong evidence that he committed sexual assault). In other words, Tom wanted whatever makes him look good on the field. He didn't care about the Pats carrying a felon on the roster and how it made the organization look. He wanted to win at all costs. And when NE did not make a trade for Hopkins or other weapons prior to the start of FA, he went to Kraft and jumped ship. I mean he could have told kraft after the season ended but he waited until the last minute to see what NE was going to do for him. When that didn't happen, he said adios.

Last edited:
No the issue probably was that after 20 years Brady wanted to see a commitment and see the organization show some level of appreciation of “no we all understand that what you’ve done is beyond the level of a normal player and we want”. Instead he got the usual wait until the last minute and some sort of 1 year deal that he could find anywhere. Meanwhile Tampa Bay agreed to give him a two year commitment, had weapons to show off, and likely said the same thing Denver said to Manning “we understand who you are and you are more than some random signing, we want you to lead our culture and be a part of our process from the top level”.

It was heavily covered. Google it.
I have googled and cannot find it. Can you provide the link? I see it nowhere. Nor where there any reports of Kraft offering him anything close to Tampa's deal.

I did see this quote and nowhere does Kraft say is there anything we can do and Brady saying no to him.

Kraft said the conversation was warm between the two men. ‘We love each other very much,’ said Kraft. ‘He’s like a family member. This is very sad because he’s like a son to me. This is not the way I wanted it to end, but in life, people need to be free to realize what’s important to them. I respect him so much. It was a sad, loving discussion.’ “

No the issue probably was that after 20 years Brady wanted to see a commitment and see the organization show some level of appreciation of “no we all understand that what you’ve done is beyond the level of a normal player and we want”. Instead he got the usual wait until the last minute and some sort of 1 year deal that he could find anywhere. Meanwhile Tampa Bay agreed to give him a two year commitment, had weapons to show off, and likely said the same thing Denver said to Manning “we understand who you are and you are more than some random signing, we want you to lead our culture and be a part of our process from the top level”.

And then the Patriots can go 7-9 or 8-8 with a 43 year old Brady but we'd all feel good about that because loyalty and nostalgia and "remember when..".

Yay?

Why is it that the Brady folks can't understand that it was best for both parties that the relationship end?
Tom was ready to move on and so was the team. After 20 years, the relationship had grown stale. It's OK. These things happen in every work environment I know of.
I hope Tommy wins another Super Bowl, unless he's playing the Pats.
He seems like he's happy and in a great situation. I'm thrilled for him and I'll be cheering him on tonight to kick Chicago's ass.

And then the Patriots can go 7-9 or 8-8 with a 43 year old Brady but we'd all feel good about that because loyalty and nostalgia and "remember when..".

Yay?
We do not have a single person on this very team right now that we wouldn’t have had if we kept Brady

Cam is already signed for this year at great value for the team. There's no reason to change that.

From what the capologists here tell me, the Pats will have oodles of cap room next year. Again, there's no reason to lock in Cam in case a better option shows itself, like Cam did this year.

I guess you are right. They could always franchise him lol but they would likely not need to

I guess you are right. They could always franchise him lol but they would likely not need to
Again the problem this comes down to is that if Cam even finishes this year at franchise Qb level.... he will have no problem finding a 33-35 million dollar per year multi year contract. Also no guarantee we are his first choice. He played here one year and we paid him nothing for it.

Why is it that the Brady folks can't understand that it was best for both parties that the relationship end?
Tom was ready to move on and so was the team. After 20 years, the relationship had grown stale. It's OK. These things happen in every work environment I know of.
I hope Tommy wins another Super Bowl, unless he's playing the Pats.
He seems like he's happy and in a great situation. I'm thrilled for him and I'll be cheering him on tonight to kick Chicago's ass.

Aren't all Pats fans Brady folks? If not we should be.

Looking at the game last night tells me that his situation isn't all that great. Every time I looked it was 2nd or 3rd down and 20.

That is hard to say but I agree that they should be. But its very clear to me that not all Brady folks are Pats fans.

That is hard to say but I agree that they should be. But its very clear to me that not all Brady folks are Pats fans.
Idk it just all feels kinda petty. Brady is to this team what Joe Montana is/was to the 49’ers.

It’s very likely 25 years from now, when people talk about the Patriots, Brady and his era will be the hallmark centerpiece of the franchise still

He literally said out loud that he has made a lot of money already in his career and it is not about money for him anymore but respect. And then in case this is still to ambiguous for some of the big brains around here he mentioned how his father instilled in him that:

I mean it doesn't get any more obvious that he is talking about respect as a QB and a winner. It is all there on the surface, there is no hidden message or parsing necessary.

Now will he accept a vet min deal ? Hell no. But the way he is talking right now he will also not look for a top of the market level payday.

Jesus..

The only argument id make against that is he referred to his trip to NE as a business trip.. which could imply he feels disrespected that people forgot about him, took the cheap deal in NE so he could go prove to everyone he's still the **** and will use this season as a way to cash in

Then we should tank. I’m not being facetious, if you really aren’t convinced Cam is the answer then you can no longer be plausibly convicted Stidham is. So we should lose out.

Tanking is for losers with a loser mentality. BB would never in a million years tank a season, that would go against the very culture he's spent over 2 decades creating and represented by all the pictures, quotes, etc hung up all over the building

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes