PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Extend Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam looked better last night than Brady. Cam had a 34 year old Edelman and some JAG named Byrd and played great. What was Brady complaining about the past 2 years?

Cam better than Brady? Really? Questions are in the process of being answered right now.

Brady is doing what he does mid-season, figure out what his team is and what they can do, and have a strong finish into post season.

Cam is doing what he does mid-season. Be inconsistent and likely fade down the stretch.

No thank you. If you wanna use him for the wildcat, sign him for 2 mill a year. He’s a good runner. Passer, not so much. 2 TD passes in 4 games is horrendous (he had 0 TD passes in 3 starts for the Bucs last year). Even Stidham, who’s played a half a game, has a TD pass. He’d have more than 2 TD passes in 4 starts. Not sure if Stidham is our future, but he had some good moments in the Chief’s game (some bad ones as well).

If the Pats finish 5-11 or 4-12, they need to pick the best QB available, and then from rounds 2 on, all on offense, just WR’s and TEs.

I don’t think Fitz is a FA. Could be wrong. I like him though.
According to Spotrac.......unrestricted free agent this offseason
Bill loves to shop at the bargain bin though the FitzMagic price will be more than the million dollar Cam

Cam better than Brady? Really? Questions are in the process of being answered right now.

Brady is doing what he does mid-season, figure out what his team is and what they can do, and have a strong finish into post season.

Cam is doing what he does mid-season. Be inconsistent and likely fade down the stretch.

my comment was on a game played a month ago...way to keep up

I don’t think Fitz is a FA. Could be wrong. I like him though.

I thought we were talking about for next year? I think Fitz is a free agent in March.

No thank you. If you wanna use him for the wildcat, sign him for 2 mill a year. He’s a good runner. Passer, not so much. 2 TD passes in 4 games is horrendous (he had 0 TD passes in 3 starts for the Bucs last year). Even Stidham, who’s played a half a game, has a TD pass. He’d have more than 2 TD passes in 4 starts. Not sure if Stidham is our future, but he had some good moments in the Chief’s game (some bad ones as well).

If the Pats finish 5-11 or 4-12, they need to pick the best QB available, and then from rounds 2 on, all on offense, just WR’s and TEs.
Patriots aren't finishing 5-11 or 4-12. My 11 win prediction was obviously most likely wrong, but 9 wins can get us in. Beat 49ers/Bills? Nobody remembers this loss and we're 4-3.

Fitzpatrick is 37. Hard pass.
In theory, it would be done in conjunction with drafting a QB early this year. Like Fitz’ situation in Miami now. Fitz would be a stop gap. If Newton can rebound and is resigned, that would be a longer term solution instead (next 4 years).

In theory, it would be done in conjunction with drafting a QB early this year. Like Fitz’ situation in Miami now. Fitz would be a stop gap. If Newton can rebound and is resigned, that would be a longer term solution instead (next 4 years).
This would be very new to me so I should ask. If we sign somebody like Fitzpatrick, would that mean Belichick is acknowledging 2021 is a lost year? I prefer Cam for four years. Maybe his value will lower a little after today? Not sure.

We are in a tough predicament. Anyone who isn’t blind can see our WRs and TEs are horrible. It’s tough to judge how well Cam could be if we had decent targets. As it is if we fall behind a few scores and need to throw we are in trouble.

I really wish Stidham was the answer. A guy we can grow with and hopefully add some offensive talent around. Unfortunately he doesn’t look like the answer. I think if we sign Cam it’s a 2-3 year deal to bridge to the next guy. We really need to hit on a few WR and a TE in the next few drafts, as well as drafting a QB to be the future of the organization.

This would be very new to me so I should ask. If we sign somebody like Fitzpatrick, would that mean Belichick is acknowledging 2021 is a lost year? I prefer Cam for four years. Maybe his value will lower a little after today? Not sure.
No, it would be BB acknowledging that Newton isn’t worth the money he’s asking for, and would rather roll the dice with someone else.

If he wants to acknowledge 2021 is a lost year, he can just have Hoyer be the starter.....

We are in a tough predicament. Anyone who isn’t blind can see our WRs and TEs are horrible. It’s tough to judge how well Cam could be if we had decent targets. As it is if we fall behind a few scores and need to throw we are in trouble.

I really wish Stidham was the answer. A guy we can grow with and hopefully add some offensive talent around. Unfortunately he doesn’t look like the answer. I think if we sign Cam it’s a 2-3 year deal to bridge to the next guy. We really need to hit on a few WR and a TE in the next few drafts, as well as drafting a QB to be the future of the organization.
I still wouldn’t be surprised if Jimmy G winds up being the answer....... Will be a very interesting offseason to say the least. But still plenty of time to sit back and enjoy this season and see if they can go on a nice run.

Pretty much a moment of truth of Cam with our next couple of games. Niners and Bills. His history shows that he generally turtles with adversity and the team goes south with him. If that happens, I really hope Bill puts Stid in so we can see what we have him before hitting the restart this off-season.

“Practice....we’re talkin about practice. Pats didnt have enough practice...”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back