PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Explosive New Hernandez Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean short of going to a judge's house, warrants aren't normally signed on the weekends

Patriots have already taken action. They've banned Hernandez from putting foot on Patriot property again.

You keep repeating this despite having nothing with which to back it up. Are you just kidding around when you post this or do you actually believe this to be the case?

Patriots have already taken action. They've banned Hernandez from putting foot on Patriot property again.

Not entirely true. They asked him to leave to avoid the media spectacle happening at Gillette and because the governor had an event there yesterday. I have not seen any report saying he cannot ever be on the property again.

So, to sum up......

People here are willing to hang Hernandez out to dry based on reports from the same group of people who were telling you yesterday that an arrest warrant issuance was imminent, and then telling you this morning that an arrest warrant had been issued, and now report that no arrest warrant has been issued.

Good job, people! :thumb:

Did they at least get a warrant for that suspicious rabbit seen running across the front lawn and filmed by the mediots?

Examining Aaron Hernandez's New England Patriots contract:

Examining Aaron Hernandez's New England Patriots contract - NFL.com

In a surprising twist, this appears not to be the case with the five-year, $40-million extension signed by New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez in August of 2012. Upon close reading of his contract language -- and after confirming the development with an expert -- the "failure to perform" or "failure to practice" clause that appears in similar Patriots extensions is not present. This means Hernandez might be able to keep nearly $2.5 million of the deal, even if legal troubles prevented him from taking the field.

According to his amended contract, Hernandez is guaranteed a total of $16 million. Of that, $9.25 million in a signing bonus already has been paid, with the final $3.25 million due in March 2014.

The rest of it comes in guaranteed base salaries for the 2013 and 2014 seasons, along with $1 million total guarantees in workout bonuses for the 2014 and 2015 offseasons. According to Paragraph 32(d) of his amended contract, the workout bonus is "null and void" if the player fails to report.

That "failure to report" clause is the one not present in the sections for his base salaries. In almost all other contracts, it would be.

That means, even if he is suspended or unable to report for any reason, the Patriots still might be on the hook for $1.323 million in 2013 and $1.137 million in 2014. It's unclear why the "failure to perform" or "failure to practice" clause is not present in Hernandez's contract.

Thanks to the missing clause, Hernandez might be able to keep monies that normally would have been voided even if he's not able to practice or play. For instance, the NFL recently won a grievance to show a suspended player's guarantee was no longer guaranteed after a suspension of four games.

Hernandez's deal does have offsets. If he's eventually cut and another team signs him, his new salary would cut into the $2.5 million he's guaranteed to be paid by the Patriots.

Did they at least get a warrant for that suspicious rabbit seen running across the front lawn and filmed by the mediots?

The rabbit was hopping away rapidly, and there was doubtlessly a fear that it might be a flight risk. I'm sure we'll get a report that an arrest was made and the police will claim exigent circumstances.

38993072.jpg

anybody wanna go shark jumping???

REPORT: There was no Odin Lloyd

A new report refutes the existence of Odin Lloyd, Aaron Hernandez, you, and the universe itself. According to law enforcement sources, this entire experience has been a mere "dream in the mind of our maker" and the very reality that you thought was true was actually just the "celestial fabric of the hazy half-conscious imagination of material substance," ABC News reports today.

If he is cooperating behind the scenes the warrant won't be necessary. As I said earlier in a post ... the police know the history of the deceased and the 2 men with Hernandez. The recent history of those 3 and whom they met up with that night are the key.

I think someone or some people were waiting for Oldin. I think he pulled into that area to hide ... they followed him ... I think he ran and somehow lost his gun ... they killed him.

just a guess ... also I think Hernandez may know something of value to the police but wants to steer clear of it all. man was killed execution style - Hernandez has enough money he could have had people do that way away from his house if he so desired ... but why would he kill a friend or have him killed? I do not think Hernandez has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
REPORT: There was no Odin Lloyd

A new report refutes the existence of Odin Lloyd, Aaron Hernandez, you, and the universe itself. According to law enforcement sources, this entire experience has been a mere "dream in the mind of our maker" and the very reality that you thought was true was actually just the "celestial fabric of the hazy half-conscious imagination of material substance," ABC News reports today.

oh..I GET IT!!!...God nose...and he sneezed....BRILLIANT!

images

We only know that he was sent home yesterday. We don't know that he would be turned away if he showed up, say, next Monday.

It is only speculation that Rex Ryan suggested do not put your foot in your own mouth.

If I bought Aaron's house could I change the roof to black?

What's up with all the grey and brown roofs?

Brown :confused2: Really???

Last edited:
Not being much of a legal guy, that sounds really bad for him. While it sucks for us imagine being Hernandez living in that house and many millions more to come - and maybe ending up in jail.

The police are sniffing around, yes. But they haven't charged hernandez with anything yet. Let's not prematurely jump to conclusions. If hernandez is charged with something, then I'd start to worry.

People just love a good scandal. And on top fo that the media pile on. *sigh*

Hernandez is getting more coverage than LeBron winning his second trophy. Thank goodness for that. I'm sick of the NBA and their refs handing LeBron trophies to gather interest.

The media has not been consistent, but there are some facts

*Body location
*Destroyed phones and security systems
*Cleaning crew
*Relationship with the dead man

that makes it obvious that he knows something. I do believe most of the story is been overblown by the media, especially by ABC news with their exclusive scoops from 'sources', anxiously awaiting his arrest. The talk of using the arrest warrant to scare Hernandez into talking is more speculation from the media. They are in a race to get more website hits or ratings than the competing shows, so its expected. I don't think they'll arrest Hernandez unless they have something concrete.

He's guilty of something though. Even Olivia Pope (The home-wrecking Fixer, from Scandal if you're not familiar) would tell the guilty man, she's attempting to fix PR-wise, to act normal and not release an offical statement until something BIG comes out.

I will apologize for assuming he's guilty because of his former gang relations and wait this out. Maybe his friend was in trouble and went to him for help. Then on his way home his rivals went riding down the block and shot him in the back of the head. I doubt it though.

It's not a story until I show up

Geraldo-Rivera.jpg

If he is cooperating behind the scenes the warrant won't be necessary. As I said earlier in a post ... the police know the history of the deceased and the 2 men with Hernandez. The recent history of those 3 and whom they met up with that night are the key.

I think someone or some people were waiting for Oldin. I think he pulled into that area to hide ... they followed him ... I think he ran and somehow lost his gun ... they killed him.

just a guess ... also I think Hernandez may know something of value to the police but wants to steer clear of it all. man was killed execution style - Hernandez has enough money he could have had people do that way away from his house if he so desired ... but why would he kill a friend or have him killed? I do not think Hernandez has anything to do with it.

There's a famous quote around law offices of "if our clients were smart, we wouldn't be in business." DA's also often say, "If criminals weren't so dumb, this job would be a lot harder." People do stupid things and get caught.

Just because it would have been incredibly stupid for AH to do this does not mean he didn't do it.

Not entirely true. They asked him to leave to avoid the media spectacle happening at Gillette and because the governor had an event there yesterday. I have not seen any report saying he cannot ever be on the property again.

I guess it didn't take much research to debunk the hysterical headline and person that believed it. I would have thought that any real fan of the Pats would consider the location of the story in the newspaper that employed the lying blob of crap Tomase before concluding it was accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes