PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Explosive New Hernandez Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's a flight risk at all. He's a high-profile person of interest with ties to the community in both his extremely high-profile profession and through his child and significant other, and has the media camped outside his home and helicopters following him every time he leaves.

It's common for arrests in such cases to come 30+ days after the investigation is launched, let alone after the deed is done. This has been moving very quickly by such measures, likely driven by the fact that there's been clear attempts to obstruct an investigation.

Here is an alternative theory, if we are speculating. They are doing a reasonable, careful murder investigation in a high profile case. Everyone in the process knows that every warrant application and bit of evidence will be scrutinized on CNN. They know interviewing Hernandez is a waste of time, because he has lawyered up. He won't say a word. They will be careful. Every decision will be made not by detectives on the line but their bosses. A senior member of the AG's office already is assigned. Many prosecutors like to be on tv, but not if it's because they screwed up.

In a highly pressurized environment they convinced a judge there was probable cause to believe there was murder evidence in the house. That is a bad fact. They have evidence, and now they will do what police do. They will test dna. They will try to recover things from computers or camera memory sticks or whatever else they have. They will read documents. They will see if it leads to other sources of evidence and execute other warrants as necessary. And they will do it very methodically. Not like on tv dramas. Plodding some might say, because they will be required to prove chain of custody and authenticate everything along the way.

And if they get enough to have probable cause to believe Hernandez or anyone else commited a crime, they will arrest him or go to a grand jury and indict him (or whatever MA calls indictments). They may get a warrant or they may not. They may let him voluntarily report or they may not. (If it is a murder charge, likely not.). They will likely not publicly identify him as a target on a serious charge until they arrest him, because he has money and is a flight risk. It could take 1 day or 1 year to complete the process.

If we are speculating, this is my guess what is happening. The notion that they are getting judges in a high profile murder case to issue speculative high-flying warrants to try to sweat a lawyered-up man of means is also a theory. Where I sit it doesn't pass the smell test.

If we are speculating, it seems to me that the more time they spend searching AHs house, cars, spots he hangs out in, the more likely it is that he is a suspect in committing the murder.
I cannot imagine why they would be searching his house, if we assume the murder did not happen there (which we still can not be 100% sure of) then they must be looking for physical evidence which would mean the murderer was there.
I suppose this opens up 2 possibilities, that AH is the murdered or the murderer went to his house after committing the crime, and we could go into hundreds of variations of speculation about AHs role.

Either way the details sort of stop mattering to (most of) us as Patriots fans when it becomes clear he'll never be putting on pads again.

And at this point the possibility of him playing again seems pretty remote.

If we are speculating, it seems to me that the more time they spend searching AHs house, cars, spots he hangs out in, the more likely it is that he is a suspect in committing the murder.
I cannot imagine why they would be searching his house, if we assume the murder did not happen there (which we still can not be 100% sure of) then they must be looking for physical evidence which would mean the murderer was there.
I suppose this opens up 2 possibilities, that AH is the murdered or the murderer went to his house after committing the crime, and we could go into hundreds of variations of speculation about AHs role.
If he's such a big suspect then why don't they just say so?

If he's such a big suspect then why don't they just say so?

They've searched his home for like 3 days straight and the victim was found next to a rental car in his name, are you really that dumb

Not unreasonable speculation.

I tell you what would make me feel better is if we learned of other search warrants of other places or people. Maybe it's happening, but just isn't being reported. If the affidavit that led to the warrant told the judge they had probable cause to believe persons other than AH were in the house after commiting a crime, one would expect they would be executing warrants at those people's homes or cars, etc.

The arrows right now are pointing in a bad direction, but it's a pretty fluid situation and maybe tomorrow we get good news.

1963964.jpg

There's a ton of wishful thinking and weird fantasizing going on in this thread to hope that our #1 receiver will be there when the rest of the receivers are such an unknown mess, but let's face facts. Hernandez may have murdered the guy himself, was likely present when the murder was committed and probably was an accessory, and at the very least obstructed a murder investigation in very obvious ways. He's not playing football this year. Likely never.

Alternative - other suspects, and obviously with the number of people supposedly coming and going round Ahern and his home there are other suspects, squeezed by the cops and not having the financial wherewithal to hire a pricey lawyer and thus likely easily scared, have falsely rolled on AHern.

These suspects, having been in the house and seen the people around that night, could present the cops convincing accusations. If your neck is near the noose and there's the slimmest chance you can lie another dude into the rope, what dirt bag, maybe jealous of AHern as well as terrified of the cops, wouldn't sell a truck of garbage to save his own skin?

weird fantasizing #1 receiver .

Talk about fantasizing??? AH is the Pats #1 receiver?

Weird is right.

This whole AH thing has officially jumped the shark.

For example of weird fantasizing, see above post.

I don't think he's a flight risk at all. He's a high-profile person of interest with ties to the community in both his extremely high-profile profession and through his child and significant other, and has the media camped outside his home and helicopters following him every time he leaves.

Yeah, but on a murder charge, you can't give the accused a heads up. First, if you have PC to believe he's a murdere, he is by definition dangerous. And while Hernandez would not get far, you don't give a dangerous person with money facing a life of incarceration time to do something stupid.

Insider traders get to voluntarily report. Accused murderers usually find out they are going to be charged when they are in custody.

For example of weird fantasizing, see above post.

Someone pointing out to you that you are completely wrong is weird fantasizing? Uhhhh ok.

Please share in what universe that AH is or ever was or even would be our number one receiver?

Talk about fantasizing??? AH is the Pats #1 receiver?

He is and always has been a tight end in name only. The team was counting on him as the #1 receiver this year, with Amendola as the #2. That's shot to hell now.

Someone pointing out to you that you are completely wrong is weird fantasizing? Uhhhh ok.

Please share in what universe that AH is or ever was or even would be our number one receiver?

Sorry, you posted too fast. The post was directed at the one above yours. However, the point stands - Hernandez was being counted upon as the team's top target.

He is and always has been a tight end in name only. The team was counting on him as the #1 receiver this year, with Amendola as the #2. That's shot to hell now.

I dont buy that. A superstar sure. One of the key players...sure. SomeoneI was looking forward to seeing...absolutely THE NUMBER ONE receiver? Debatable if that would have been the case.

He was the 4th receiver last year. Gronk is here. DA should see a ton of balls in a system that would favor his position.

Yeah, but on a murder charge, you can't give the accused a heads up. First, if you have PC to believe he's a murdere, he is by definition dangerous. And while Hernandez would not get far, you don't give a dangerous person with money facing a life of incarceration time to do something stupid.

Insider traders get to voluntarily report. Accused murderers usually find out they are going to be charged when they are in custody.

That happens all the time though; many murder investigations don't involve an arrest for over a month or more, and at this point there's little to be gained from taking Hernandez into custody immediately unless you really think he's a candidate to do something desperate. With the constant media attention, it seems reasonable to think he's no threat to himself or others, nor is he a flight risk.

This is a little different because you have the on-again off-again weird media reports about arrest warrants (and a fundamental misunderstanding of how arrest warrants work from the media - police can prepare them, but only a court of law can issue them), which wouldn't happen if he wasn't a high-profile suspect, but there's little advantage for the public in bringing him in immediately. Again, this is moving very fast for a murder investigation.

Sorry, you posted too fast. The post was directed at the one above yours. However, the point stands - Hernandez was being counted upon as the team's top target.

Counted on by whom? Did BB tell you this? The Krafts?

I dont buy that. A superstar sure. One of the key players...sure. SomeoneI was looking forward to seeing...absolutely THE NUMBER ONE receiver? Debatable if that would have been the case.

He was the 4th receiver last year. Gronk is here. DA should see a ton of balls in a system that would favor his position.

Football talk is more than welcome. Gronk will be gone for at least the first 6 games and while I love Amendola and think he's a better talent right now than Welker was when he first came to the team, he's new and very fragile.

Hernandez is a guy who's been in the system and has rapport with Brady, would be healthy, and has shown himself to be a reliable and dangerous threat. He was, essentially, the Patriots' sole insurance in the face of all the uncertainty around Gronk and the new receiving corps... and his skillset is that of a receiver with some added value elsewhere, not a tight end. But that's now gone, unfortunately.

Counted on by whom? Did BB tell you this? The Krafts?

If I had known you were going to do the weird internet appeal to authority thing I wouldn't have bothered with this dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes