PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Exploring First And Second Round Scenarios

Where are we on Joejuan Williams/Gilmore as a reincarnation of the Brandon Browner/Revis secondary?

Where are we on Joejuan Williams/Gilmore as a reincarnation of the Brandon Browner/Revis secondary?

I like JC Jackson. Our safeties are getting old. Think that’s a bigger need

I like JC Jackson. Our safeties are getting old. Think that’s a bigger need

I like Jackson too but a Browner replacement would be an interesting weapon to have on defence in terms of big WRs and athletic TEs. I'm not that interested in CBs generally but this one intrigues me. I like creating/defending mismatches whether on defense or offense.

And anyway, this is the time of the year for outside the box thinking.

I just had a look at the CBS rankings and the prospects around pick 32 are:

28. Kaleb McGary
29. Marquise Brown
30. AJ Brown
31. Jerry Tillery
32. Chris Lindstrom
33. Dalton Risner
34. N'Keal Harry

We've had contacts with McGary, Lindstrom and Harry. You can include AJ Brown too although that was either at the Senior bowl or combine. I could live with picking any of those at 32 but it also sets up the possibility for a trade back if most of those are still available at 32.

One more thought and this is a bit out there. I've seen at least three pundits now say the teams are not as high on Haskins as the punditry is. The latest is Peter King. Now that could be the typical silly season talk, but if it's true and if you accept what Trent Dilfer said about him as being Brady-ish, could that be a surprise trade up if he does, in fact, fall. If Haskins falls past 17, do you start to get interested?

I just had a look at the CBS rankings and the prospects around pick 32 are:

28. Kaleb McGary
29. Marquise Brown
30. AJ Brown
31. Jerry Tillery
32. Chris Lindstrom
33. Dalton Risner
34. N'Keal Harry

We've had contacts with McGary, Lindstrom and Harry. You can include AJ Brown too although that was either at the Senior bowl or combine. I could live with picking any of those at 32 but it also sets up the possibility for a trade back if most of those are still available at 32.

One more thought and this is a bit out there. I've seen at least three pundits now say the teams are not as high on Haskins as the punditry is. The latest is Peter King. Now that could be the typical silly season talk, but if it's true and if you accept what Trent Dilfer said about him as being Brady-ish, could that be a surprise trade up if he does, in fact, fall. If Haskins falls past 17, do you start to get interested?

199%

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back