PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fifth year option amounts announced and N'Keal Harry is an absolute steal at $12.4 million

How is Harry more than the likes of Devin White, Ed Oliver....really anyone. There's some other teams with some tough calls. I probably want Hockenson or Lawrence as examples on my team but I don't think they're worth the money they would be paid.

I'm seeing a little rage going on here, so I think it's important for some to point out that these are determined based on position and draft position, NOT on merit. No one looked at N'Keal Harry and said, "that guy is worth 12.5 million". It's a formula that's negotiated in the CBA if I remember correctly.

It is based on the average salary of the top 3-20 players at the same position who have the same amount of playing time and the number of Pro Bowls you have been voted to.

It is based on the average salary of the top 3-20 players at the same position who have the same amount of playing time and the number of Pro Bowls you have been voted to.

Thank you. I knew it was something formulaic, but wasn't sure on the particulars.

This really seals the deal on harry, if his 5th year option was reasonable, he might have attracted a trade offer, but now that we know nobody would pay that kind of money for him, he is basically a one year rental, and if he could not pick up the Pats offense in three years, it is highly doubtful that he picks up anyone else's offense quickly.

Talk about a miss, the only person the Pats could have drafted in with any of the next 32 selections made AFTER the Harry pick that would have been more useless than Harry is, is Slowjuan or Isabella.

First Wynn now this guy.

Unbelievable.
I am not against moving Wynn for a Fourth Rounder in this Draft... Wynn - Sony and Harry horrible returns by the Patriots. :mad: :headscratch: I don't think any Teams have crap the bed as bad as we have with recent First Rounders embarrassing. :rolleyes: Can't wait to see what we get for that 6th Rounder from the Rams for Michel. :rolleyes:

This really seals the deal on harry, if his 5th year option was reasonable, he might have attracted a trade offer, but now that we know nobody would pay that kind of money for him, he is basically a one year rental, and if he could not pick up the Pats offense in three years, it is highly doubtful that he picks up anyone else's offense quickly.

Talk about a miss, the only person the Pats could have drafted in with any of the next 32 selections made AFTER the Harry pick that would have been more useless than Harry is, is Slowjuan or Isabella.
Please don't remind us...wasted freaking High picks. :mad:

Wynn - Sony and Harry
Harry stands out as the worst by far. At least Sony helped win a super bowl and got us a draft pick. Wynn has had some success, otherwise the team would not have picked up the 5th year option. Harry has not performed close to either one of the other two.

Harry stands out as the worst by far. At least Sony helped win a super bowl and got us a draft pick. Wynn has had some success, otherwise the team would not have picked up the 5th year option. Harry has not performed close to either one of the other two.
I'm not sure what the Patriots' plans were when they drafted him, given that he just didn't fit their style of offense.

I'm seeing a little rage going on here, so I think it's important for some to point out that these are determined based on position and draft position, NOT on merit. No one looked at N'Keal Harry and said, "that guy is worth 12.5 million". It's a formula that's negotiated in the CBA if I remember correctly.
Murray's was based on merit, too, though, right? Because of two pro-bowl selections, I believe.

All together now in the words of Gloria Gaynor....

"Go on now go
Walk out the door"
We shoulda changed that stupid lock (three years ago)
We shoulda made you leave your key (three years ago)
If we'd a known for just one second that you'd be back to bother me (us).

If they don't part ways with Harry THIS year I am questioning my continued fandom.

I'm not sure what the Patriots' plans were when they drafted him, given that he just didn't fit their style of offense.
I agree. I remember that he was supposed to be a red zone weapon. Another player that could not play at game speed in the Patriots system. His raw ability flashed a few times as a rookie. It seemed that he lost his instincts the more he learned about the Pats system as opposed to relying on his physical tools. It is time for a change of scenery for team and player.

I hear that Mac is working on his jump ball throwing motion, which will play to Harry's strength and unlock his true potential.

I say let's lock him up long term.

I misread the thread. Thought his option was picked up.

I have a bad feeling it will.
Why? You get his level of talent and production out of most CFL recievers. Assuming that is still a thing. I honestly don't know

Can we pay him 12 million to play for the Chiefs? I think that would help us a lot more than us being stuck with him.

Sony sucks sorry anybody here could have got through those holes Gronk and the Offensive line created. What has Sony done on his own?? Absolutely nothing! he'll be out of the League in two years book it.

Sony sucks sorry anybody here could have got through those holes Gronk and the Offensive line created. What has Sony done on his own?? Absolutely nothing! he'll be out of the League in two years book it.
i dunno, went to another team and helped win a super bowl?

im sorry i just dont get the pervasive hate for sony michel...

We shoulda changed that stupid lock (three years ago)
We shoulda made you leave your key (three years ago)
If we'd a known for just one second that you'd be back to bother me (us).

If they don't part ways with Harry THIS year I am questioning my continued fandom.
bye

There is a strong possibility that Harry at $1.2M will be the patriots best option at WR4. Sure, others MIGHT beat him out.

Never heard of Deandre Baker who I noticed was released by the Giants on that list. Surprisingly, after just 1 year. I looked at his wikipedia and read that he allegedly robbed some people at gunpoint. Of course, the Chiefs proceeded to sign him. Time and time again proving to be a total scumbag franchise. This also means that somehow, Harry isn't the worst bust from that year. Haskins is up there too.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back