SOURCE:Pats Pulpit

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Dolphins
Sun
Sep 13th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

ESPN plans a nine-episode series, called Man in the Arena, on TB

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Palm Beach Pats Fan, May 21, 2020.

1. sb1

sb1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,404
    Plus I think it’s almost impossible for any NFL player to build that kind of brand even if you are the GOAT. Maybe it’s just the nature of the sport.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
  2. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +33,604
    Episode 1: I am
    Episode 2: A cheater
    Episode 3: Who spies and
    Episode 4: Deflates footballs
    Episode 5: All of my accomplishments
    Episode 6: Are tainted
    Episode 7: And the Jets
    Episode 8: Are the team
    Episode 9: Of the century

• RLKAG RLKAG x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +21,989
    They had an interesting discussion on ESPN on the question of who is the bigger GOAT, Jordan or Brady. Both Stephen A and Jalen Rose seem to think that it's Jordan no question. And for whatever reason they think Brady won the MVP and Super Bowl MVP in the same year, which never happened. I think Jordan is the greatest athlete in U.S. history. What he did in winning 6 titles in a single decade and dominate on both ends of the floor is just amazing.

• Sad Sad x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,548
    I gotta say, I love Brady and Ted Williams on Rushmore. Morgan Freeman's a solid choice too. But Steve Jobs? You really feel that strongly about Steve Jobs?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. sb1

sb1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,404
    upload_2020-5-22_21-59-24.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. One-Be-Lo

One-Be-Lo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,348
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. carmelo15

carmelo15 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,315
    lol none of that happened

• Maybe Not... Maybe Not... x 1
  8. carmelo15

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Y’all didn’t deserve Brady wished he played for the jets and ****ed us for 20 years

• What?? What?? x 2
    • Maybe Not... Maybe Not... x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  9. carmelo15

Ratings:
    +1,315
    It’s sickening

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. carmelo15

Ratings:
    +1,315
    Nobody is not even lebron so what’s this supposed to mean, actually if he went to OTA’s his brand would be bigger than Jordan’s

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. sb1

sb1 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,404
    Are you going to show me the posts like I asked you to where I called Brady a system QB amd said he was a bad person like you accused me of saying?

Or did you just make that up?

12. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13,347
    And Jordan will never be the undisputed GOAT in his sport that Brady is in his. I can think of a few NBA players I'd rather have than Jordan. I can't think of any QB's I'd rather have than Brady.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13,347
    Jordan didn't dominate on both sides of the ball and never won until other players, like Magic, Bird and Kareem, were gone.

And if you want to use Jordan's titles to put him on top then there's the GOAT of all GOATs, with 11 in 13 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  14. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,303
    Tracking his moodiness over time would be a fun project for someone, using evidence in interviews as evaluated by communications experts. Somebody should get a doctoral candidate on that.

I suspect that he and Giselle reinforce each other's competitiveness, and he's come to see the world through the eyes of celebrity rather than athlete. Business success and fame are the metrics, and his sports accomplishments are in service to that. So to him, he needed to focus beyond football because that's his life purpose.

• Like Like x 1
  15. amfootball

amfootball Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +790
    I think it is Brady easily. What Brady has done has never been done in football. He has had two hall of fame careers if you take his first 10 years - 3 titles, 2 SB MVPs, 1 league MVP and then his second ten years - 3 titles, 2 SB MVPs, 2 league MVPs. He has been player of the decade for Two decades in a row at the most difficult position in sports. He has 6 SBs most of any player ever. Jordan is 5 less than Russell. Heck Robert Horry has 7 titles for that matter.

Brady's achievements in football are so much harder because of the injuries and single game elimination. People always mention how Jordan never went to a game 7 in the finals yet Brady played in 41 games 7s and won 30 of them. Brady went to 9 Super bowls. 4 more than Elway. Jordan has 6 finals total. Russell has 13, Magic has 9, LeBron has 9.

Brady started winning right out the of the gate with a 5-13 team. Jordan took years to win while he waited for the Celtics and Lakers to get old.

Jordan is just a 6-8 year period which was fantastic. Brady has been going for 20+ years in a sport where the average career is 3.5 yrs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  16. Doctor DDS

Doctor DDS Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,768
    Jordan was probably the first nearly universally loved sports figure in my lifetime. Coming up prior to social media and the proliferation of shock jock media helped tremendously. He marketed himself brilliantly and with his superior athleticism in full display it was easy to be awed by him. "Be like Mike" was everywhere. Brady's relentless efficiency is equally as impressive but certainly less awe inspiring to watch. And with much of sports media today focusing on negative takes it's certainly more difficult to become beloved. If Jordan played today his treatment of teammates and the gambling stuff would have been talk show fodder day after day. Jordan also played in a sport where it is easier for one player and team to be dominant. As evidenced by the betting odds, basketball is the only sport where the best team typically wins it all.

The stupid 6-0 is better than 6-3 argument that Stephen A Smith makes continues to be one of the dumbest in all of sports talk. 6-0 would only be valid if Jordan only played 6 years. Otherwise the argument is Brady was obviously more successful this past year than in 2017 when he lost to the Eagles. It stuns me people are so willing to bring it up.

Jordan is clearly a superior athlete and a bigger icon but Brady's team accomplishments are certainly more prolific. The amount of winning Brady has done so far surpasses any other NFL player that it's not even close while Jordan has less championships than several other players and is in the ball park of many others (Duncan, Magic, Kareem, Kobe)

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. TommyBrady12

Ratings:
    +21,989
    Look, I understand you are an old time Celtics fan, but Jordan is pretty much the GOAT in the NBA just as Brady is in the NFL. When debating the NBA GOAT it's always Jordan and Lebron - most people don't even bring up other players. In the NFL it was Brady vs Montana until recently when Brady took over.

• Sad Sad x 1
  18. TommyBrady12

Ratings:
    +21,989
    I see what you are saying, but Jordan had to play on both ends of the court. NBA players are constantly running around on every play while Football players on offense get to catch their breath between snaps and when the defense is on the field. Hence, why I said Jordan was the better "athlete." Also, winning 6 titles in 8 years is ridiculous. Both are equally accomplished, in my view.

19. TommyBrady12

Ratings:
    +21,989
    Michael Jordan is worth 2.1 billion. Tom and Giselle together are worth $500-600 million.

• Useful Useful x 2
  20. everlong

everlong Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +4,939
    The difference between Magic and Bird was Magic had an overall better supporting cast. The different between Jordan and both Magic and Bird was he was twice the athlete that the other two were. If you compare desire to win, being clutch, leadership, intelligence......all that's a wash. If you look at somebody like Dominique Wilkins he was a superior athlete to even Jordan but he comes up short in all the other categories.

There's no way if you're offered the first pick with everybody in their prime you pick Russell, Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, Bird, Magic, Lebron or anybody else over Jordan.

I'd take Brady number one in a similar NFL case.