PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: VIDEO: Trailer For Final Episode Of “Man In The Arena” Released

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I don’t have ESPN+ so I haven’t been able to watch this until I found it cached on the internet somewhere. I didn’t love it. It’s on the Disney streaming service now so I have access to it without hunting. I only watched one episode and it took me three tries. Of course it was the Michael Strahan episode.

It’s just not that good.

I watched the first two episodes, and I find it to be similar to America's Game, because there are few guys from each year in the videos. Like Drew and his thoughts on 2001, Lawyer Milloy's and Rodney Harrison's thoughts on 2003. But that's all I've watched so far. It's like a Brady-centric America's Game. Interesting tidbits in there that weren't in the America's game series. For instance, Brady admitted he was playing scared against the Steelers in the 2001 AFCCG. I never knew that. Even though he was hurt enough that they probably wouldn't have put him back in, they might've lost if Brady was healthy.

There is a revisionist's history when it comes to that game, and people seem to think Bledsoe "won" that game, and he played a great game, etc. He was 10-21 for 102 yards and 1 TD pass. His inconsistency helped the Steelers get back into that game, the Pat's had a 21-3 lead and the Steelers closed it to 24-17. It was really the special teams (2 TDs, punt return and a blocked kick return) and the defense (intercepted Stewart 3 times) that propelled the Pats to SB 36. No offense meant towards Drew.

P.S.- I actually liked it and will continue to watch. I will only watch the 6 wins, not the 3 losses lol.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back