PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we put the tag on him ....that would have been the only way....I just feel like Jimmy has the stuff to be legendary....but like someone said on here ....small sample size so far....but a qb like that doesn’t come along too often and who knows how long Brady will actually be able to play at a high level....
If you put the tag on him and he doesn't sign it, you're on the hook for Brady's salary plus the tag for Jimmy. The Pats were lucky that Cassel signed his tag.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: DBG
The Deflategate comment is actually a good tell in all of this. Someone thinks the charges have merit. The balls ended up at 11.5 PSI! Yet there's "merit." LOL. That should tell you a lot about the sources.

I was just thinking that a source has to be the trainers! LOL.

Jerry Thornton touches on something I DO believe is true : BB and Brady were never buddies, they were coach/player who wanted to win. I bet that is still the case. People always want everybody to love one another. BB and Brady have winning in common. Other than that, on a personal level, they are no doubt not very compatible.

As long as the year stick to winning (a constant for so many years) that is good enough for me.
Right. It's a job. Do your job.

Before I give this story a click and read it, did any sources actually lend their NAME to the report or is this all on the anonymous source? Because I don’t believe for a second that:

1) Brady is the kind of diva that would demand a trade of his back-up

Or

2) that Belichick would stick around long after the owner started meddling in his decisions.
Well, to be fair we don’t know yet if Belichick will stick around. He certainly doesn’t strike me as the kind of person who would quit in mid-season no matter how furious he may be, so the fact that he didn’t doesn’t say anything to me about the truth of this.

If Belichick had been told he wasn’t in charge last spring they would have had a new coach by then. And even the Jets fans like you, and the Garrapolo fans know that. The moment Kraft breaks his deal with Belichick he is gone, and those claiming that happened have been saying we will know it’s true if Belichick steps down after the season.

Cuz that’s what happened when the pats drafted terry glenn

Well I really hope he makes his response public.
He will...he has an ethical base to his being. He might parse his words but they will be his.

Well I really hope he makes his response public.

Well we know what the Patriot response will be if anything.

"several inaccuracies and multiple examples given that absolutely did not occur" - Patriots

Cuz that’s what happened when the pats drafted terry glenn

Terry Glenn led to Parcells quitting, and Parcells was never given complete control over football operations, Belichick was.

Jerry Thornton touches on something I DO believe is true : BB and Brady were never buddies, they were coach/player who wanted to win. I bet that is still the case. People always want everybody to love one another. BB and Brady have winning in common. Other than that, on a personal level, they are no doubt not very compatible.

As long as they stick to winning (a constant for so many years) that is good enough for me.

I believe that to be true too, and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.

Plenty of guys in my job that I talk to during work hours but have zero interest in hanging after work with. No dislike, just no interest.

I think this story, although some truths are being blown completely out of proportion.

Both TB and BB have been working together for what 17 years. I could imagine they have the upmost respect for eachother, and deep down know what they meant to the team.

The one thing that I could see getting traction: It says Kraft stood by Brady during deflategate "even though many staffers in the building believed there was merit in the allegation." Um, really? Kind of a throw away line that comes with some responsibility for accuracy, and makes you wonder why neither editors nor headline writers jumped on that for more. ....
Because it’s not new. Wickersham (and Van Nota) already made the claim that staffers believed it to be true in their “Deflategate is punishment for Spygate” article a year or so ago.

Terry Glenn led to Parcells quitting, and Parcells was never given complete control over football operations, Belichick was.
Emphasis on ‘was’

If jg was a kraft decision that Belichick was not in favor of.....

Well, to be fair we don’t know yet if Belichick will stick around. He certainly doesn’t strike me as the kind of person who would quit in mid-season no matter how furious he may be, so the fact that he didn’t doesn’t say anything to me about the truth of this.

He could have traded Brady in the spring and he laughed at it, it belies all rational that he would somehow want to during an MVP season.

Why did Belichick scoff st Lynch?

Last time you claimed it was “fake news,” ignoring that Lynch reported it directly.

When is a journalist going to write a book or column about the demise of ESPN? After all of the layoffs I am sure some of their former employees would agree to be interviewed. You could dedicate one of the final chapters to ex president John Skipper who supposedly resigned because of substance abuse problems but was recently sharing a drink with Dan LeBatard. I am sure there is more to the story about his resignation than "substance abuse problems". ESPN was the worldwide leader in sports, now they are the worldwide leader in lies and propaganda.

I have never been named Patriot of the week.

Wait...

NOBODY HAS! It doesn't EXIST!

What do you get for being Patriot of the Week?

A free meal at Davios or CBS Scene?

Free tickets to the Hall at Patriot Place?

A day off? A check? BB doesn't tell at you in film room for a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots