PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Has 30-for-30 Coming Out On Belichick/Parcells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said it in the clip: "This family's dysfunctional."

Trying to untangle what happened between Parcells and Kraft before and around the 1996 SB would be kind of like untangling what happened at that Thanksgiving Dinner when Uncle Bill and Uncle Bob had words down at the end of the table, got up after dessert and never spoke to each other again.

We are lucky to have BB, the greatest football mind of this generation.

I love Parcess in 94, then hated him, but not i appreciate what he did for this organization.

Looking forward to it but not sure it can top the Nature Boys...WOOO!

Goddammit...I might have to watch this. I haven't seen one yet, but I'll watch for BB content.

Goddammit...I might have to watch this. I haven't seen one yet, but I'll watch for BB content.
Really? I understand boycotting espn, but you are missing out... I've thoroughly enjoyed almost every episode, I have them set to record on my dvr.. great stuff IMO.

Last edited:
Parcells put the pats back on the map. Without Parcells, Belichick doesn’t come here.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Not as anything other than a 1 year assistant defensive coach......

Without Leon Hess dying and a human canker sore of an owner named Woody Johnson buying the Jets, BB would never have been the HC of the NEP.

BB is here because of New England's comparative ownership advantage.

If Parcells was the strong magnet for BB you imply, he would have stayed in NY to work with him as his GM. He knew what the ramifications were for breaking with Parcells. He knew he would feel the burn of his anger from that.

Kraft is the reason Belichick is here. Belichick had to overcome the lawsuits from Parcells in order to get here. Kraft even paid a ridiculous ransom of 2 1st round picks for the unproven HC who was derided by the two major Boston papers as "Duplicitous Pond Scum"(Borges) and "The person you would rather not meet your daughter, as opposed to that nice Pete Carroll" (Shank).

There is only one reason BB is the HC of the NEP. Bob Kraft.

There's no amount of obfuscations from the Shank Shaughnessy's and FCB02062's of this world to change that objective fact.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I have to disagree.

Without Leon Hess dying and a human canker sore of an owner named Woody Johnson buying the Jets, BB doesn't come here.

BB is here because of great of New England's comparative ownership advantage.

If Parcells was the strong magnet for BB you imply, he would have stayed in NY to work with him as his GM. He knew what the ramifications were for breaking with Parcells. He knew he would feel the burn of his anger from that.

Kraft is the reason Belichick is here.

In fact, Parcells is the reason why Belichick wasn't here 3 years earlier as HC. if anything Parcells DELAYED the Belichick era in New England.

Good point.

Truly, there is no one lower on the character scale than someone who ditches their team in the middle of a Super Bowl, is there FCB02062?

What about one giving up on them at halftime of week 1 when they had just come off said Super Bowl win?

What about one giving up on them at halftime of week 1 when they had just come off said Super Bowl win?

They're both losers, but it's a matter of degree.

Super Bowl is greater than a regular season game.

Plus the guy was trying to take over the Super Bowl game thread with his vandalism. What's in my sig is just a sample.

None of us should have had to deal with that in real time and I've told @Ian as such.

I've never liked the way Parcells let the build up to SB 31 be all about him and not the team. That said, him and Bledsoe got this time out of the wilderness into a respectful organization. Obviously BB and Brady turned it into an iconic franchise.

Are you talking about Parcells in the 80's or BB against KC? I'm lost lol..

Are you talking about Parcells in the 80's or BB against KC? I'm lost lol..

He's talking about the poster in his sig. I was talking about the poster in my sig.

They both suffer the same loyalty/spinal deterioration condition of Parcells.

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Not as anything other than a 1 year assistant defensive coach......

Without Leon Hess dying and a human canker sore of an owner named Woody Johnson buying the Jets, BB would never have been the HC of the NEP.

BB is here because of New England's comparative ownership advantage.

Kraft is the reason Belichick is here. Belichick had to overcome the lawsuits from Parcells in order to get here. Kraft even paid a ridiculous ransom of 2 1st round picks for the unproven HC who was derided by the two major Boston papers as "Duplicitous Pond Scum"(Borges) and "The person you would rather not meet your daughter, as opposed to that nice Pete Carroll" (Shank).

There is only one reason BB is the HC of the NEP. Bob Kraft.

There's no amount of obfuscations from the Shank Shaughnessy's and FCB02062's of this world to change that objective fact.

if parcells did not come here, he would not have brought belichick. when kraft wanted to hire a new head coach, he asked some of the players and they all told him to hire belichick based off of his work as a defensive assistant.

Last edited:
if parcells did not come here, he would not have brought belichick. And when kraft wanted to hire a new head coach, he asked some of the players and they all told him to hire belichick based off of his work as a defensive assistant.

As I clearly wrote " Not as anything other than a 1 year assistant defensive coach......"

Had BB taken the NE HC job in January 1997, then you may have had a point. However, Parcells took him away to NY in 1997 when Kraft wanted to keep him here after huddling with him on the airplane ride home from New Orleans. 3 years later, BB did everything he could to ESCAPE Parcells who tried almost everything short of the court system to keep him away from Kraft in the winter of 2000.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm laying objective facts out there.

Parcells did far more to keep him AWAY from being a HC in NE than being the reason for it. If you want to remain blind to that, that's your prerogative.

As I clearly wrote " Not as anything other than a 1 year assistant defensive coach......"

Parcells took him away to NY in 1997 when Kraft wanted to keep him here. And BB did everything he could TO ESCAPE Parcells who tried almost everything short of the court system to keep him away from Kraft in the winter of 2000.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm laying objective facts out there.

Parcells did far more to keep him AWAY from being a HC in NE than being the reason for it. if you choose to remain blind to that, it's your prerogative.

The bottom line is if parcells did not come here in 1993 there is very little chance kraft would have hired belichick in 2000 since belichick would have been elsewhere in 1996 and kraft wouldn’t be as familiar with him. He would have been whereever parcells was that year, most likely. All i am saying is parcells introduced belichick to the patriots organization and kraft by bringing him in as an assistant.

The bottom line is if parcells did not come here in 1993 there is very little chance kraft would have hired belichick in 2000 since belichick would have been elsewhere in 1996 and kraft wouldn’t be as familiar with him. He would have been whereever parcells was that year, most likely. All i am saying is parcells introduced belichick to the patriots organization and kraft by bringing him in as an assistant.

Parcells brought over 15 assistant coaches to New England during his his tenure.

You're giving him credit for that incidental 1 year assistant coach gig, but the credit goes to the guy for whom BB crawled over broken glass to work for - - not the guy BB gambled his livelihood to escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back