PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN Has 30-for-30 Coming Out On Belichick/Parcells

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never forgive Parcells for what he did to us in the 98 Superbowl. To this day I believe we were clearly the better team. We should have won that game. I will always wonder if we had a coach who was fully committed and focused on the game instead of his exit if we would have won that game. 2003 Red Sox was the worst loss followed by 2007 Pats. But that SuperBowl was a close third. To say nothing of him stealing my all time favorite Pats player in a slimy move that was most definitely a violation of the rules. He can drop dead. Never won anything without the other Bill. Overrated.
If you think the 2003 Red Sox was the worse lost, you are clearly too young to remember 1986.

So how was Parcells an “architect of the 2000s dynasty” and not responsible for the Pete Carroll era? Can’t have it both ways there.

I never said Parcells was the architect of the 2001 team but he had a significant role in establishing the culture which BB built on and drafting and developing key players on that roster.

Carroll and Grier were erosion.

If you think the 2003 Red Sox was the worse lost, you are clearly too young to remember 1986.

Didn't start watching the Sox until 88 or 89, so I didn't include it.

If anyone should be thanked for Belichick it should be Ray Perkins, the man who brought him to the Giants (before Tuna arrived btw). Or, we could thank Ted Marchibroda, the first person to hire him.

refusal to kick away from Desmond Howard
basically suicide.

I watched the Packers a lot that season. Howard was the difference-maker.

Must also give Holmgren credit for picking up Bad Moon Rison - we were unable to stop him during the season or in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes