PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enter Elandon Roberts: welcome to a new NE playmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Collins>Hightower>Roberts.

But since Roberts is on a cheap 6th round rookie contract we can afford to keep all 3 of them.

It's offensive to everyone that has a family member so afflicted.

Speak for yourself

So are a bunch of other words people throw around......I've seen people use the word 'cancer' .... even though my wife has had both breasts removed, it's use doesn't faze me because I'm not too stupid to realize the alternative meaning.....

It is obvious by the dislikes that there are those who are too stupid

Last edited:
Whats with the stats guys Sunday giving Roberts assists instead of whole tackles.

It's offensive to everyone that has a family member so afflicted.

My aunt was mentally ******ed for the first 35 years of my life before she became intellectually disabled or whatever instead. It's still medical terminology, political correctness not withstanding. Some day Autistic will be derogatory as well. The wheel spins.

On a non-******ed issue .. reviewing the game Roberts was impressive again in all assignments. Stopping that TD on the line stood out of course but he also showed good rushing, good strength in tackling, impressive speed in covering (even for others) but most of all his really uncanny instincts for where the play is going.

Pitts brings new set of challenges .. looking forward seeing him coping with them

My aunt was mentally ******ed for the first 35 years of my life before she became intellectually disabled or whatever instead. It's still medical terminology, political correctness not withstanding. Some day Autistic will be derogatory as well. The wheel spins.

it is not political correctness, it is basic consideration for your audience. No one wants to hear a person criticize another person by comparing him to a person that you love. If he was in a group where he was familar with everyone and commented suchly, That speech would not be politically correct to do so. When the same criticism is made and you don't care about who in the audience may be taking part, that is a lack of basic social skills.

(Disclosure - I don't want that to happen, but now i think Butler is top priority, and we can play the leverage game with HT and Collins)

I disagree with all of this.

1) Butler is NOT the highest priority for the next off season. He is an RFA and will be tendered at the top amount, requiring a 1st as compensation if we don't want to match.

2) To suggest that having Roberts is leverage against Collins and Hightower is simply silly. As many, many have said, it is extremely unlikely that Collins will stay. Hightower may or may not. My guess is that he will. However, having Roberts doesn't affect whether we pay Hightower more than $10M a year. Belichick could choose to being in someone else for $4M-$6M. Given Freeny's continuing injury history, he might do that in any case.

Are people really disputing whether calling someone "******ed" is offensive?

I can't believe we're still having this conversation in 2016...show respect to others, and just find another freakin word to use already! How hard is that?

I work in healthcare and we use "mental ******ation" abbreviated "MR" for those patients.

Are people really disputing whether calling someone "******ed" is offensive?

I can't believe we're still having this conversation in 2016...show respect to others, and just find another freakin word to use already! How hard is that?

Take your censorship, and your political correctness, and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. I will use the words I choose to use.

Take your censorship, and your political correctness, and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. I will use the words I choose to use.

Not even...using "******ed" is as outdated as calling someone a "Negro" or "Oriental." Regardless of what your intentions are when using them, those words are just inappropriate for today's culture.

We're all grown-ups here. Do I really need to explain this?

Not even...using "******ed" is as outdated as calling someone a "Negro" or "Oriental." Regardless of what your intentions are when using them, those words are just inappropriate for today's culture.

We're all grown-ups here. Do I really need to explain this?

There's nothing to explain. I have no intention of catering to your misguided at best, and deliberately evil at worst, desires for imposed self-censorship.

And, for the record, I call blacks "blacks" and orientals "orientals", and I have no intention of ceasing my use of those terms, either.

by the way, he played well again.........good to see

I think some people mistake being immutable with idealism.

As many, many have said, it is extremely unlikely that Collins will stay

Not sure why people think it's extremely unlikely.

There will be about $70m available in cap space, plus whatever they will free up from restructures and cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back