PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enter Elandon Roberts: welcome to a new NE playmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elandon might make the choice between Hightower and Collins a lot easier to make. I love Hightower but Roberts can probably give us 75-90% of what Hightower gives us but Collins is special.

It's offensive to everyone that has a family member so afflicted.
I have a family member and it's not offensive to me. At one time that was the "polite" word. Before that it was dumb. Now we say mentally handicapped when that word became derogatory.

Fact is, no matter what term you use will be co-opted as derogatory so your time is better spent doing anything else instead of worrying about whether everyone is using the latest word which will soon be shunned for a new word anyway.

If you're gonna see both High AND Collins back you can consider yourself lucky.
Well do you, punk?

We have the cap space and franchise tag to bring back both of them. So I expect them both back. They are by far our top 2 priorities on defense

Roberts is a tough kid, but he didn't look as sharp after the injury. He gutted it out though.

Roberts is a tough kid, but he didn't look as sharp after the injury. He gutted it out though.

Guts (and durability) are important part of this game ..

EDIT: He did a small thing of preventing the crucial TD .. in getting himself slightly out of shape.
He was still everywhere on the field 2 half .. he was a bit too hasty on a couple of occasions though ..

It's offensive to everyone that has a family member so afflicted.

I have a niece who is Autistic and I don't find it offensive. What is offensive, is to presume that you can speak for everyone.

I didn't notice him come back out after the injury. I thought he left for the rest of the game. Not sure how I missed him back out there.

If Hightower wasn't so Injury prone, I'd vote for HT to stay easily. Collins is a beast, but he is soooo inconsistent. HT gives you a pretty good level of play every time he is out there. PLUS, he is the QB of the Defense

I have a niece who is Autistic and I don't find it offensive. What is offensive, is to presume that you can speak for everyone.

It's also speaking for everyone to say something is definitely not offensive. I'm not accusing you of that, though. Haven't read the argument.

Elandon might make the choice between Hightower and Collins a lot easier to make. I love Hightower but Roberts can probably give us 75-90% of what Hightower gives us but Collins is special.

You're letting pure athleticism seduce you. I say ER makes Collins the expendable one as ER is fast.
Note I am NOT saying he's anything the player Collins is but that the speedier LB role is one he shares with Collins. High is a team leader guy and will be re-signed here.

Agree that injury issues may tip the scales away from High.

• Winner
Reactions: jah
You're letting pure athleticism seduce you. I say ER makes Collins the expendable one as ER is fast.
Note I am NOT saying he's anything the player Collins is but that the speedier LB role is one he shares with Collins. High is a team leader guy and will be re-signed here.

Agree that injury issues may tip the scales away from High.

We suffer more when Collins is out of the lineup than when Hightower is. But I actually watch the games, you should try it sometime.

May the fleas of 1,000 camels infest your armpits

I'm in a very nostalgic mood today, but I can't remember if "I actually watch" the games was one of your catchphrases from the list in the 90s or maybe Steve's.

I'm too old to remember who. Coulda been either.
I DID usually say WATCH THE GAME!!! to guys on USENET, particularly Bender, a bills fan.

Collins and Hightower are both coming back. Kraft threw a ton of money at inferior players like Mayo, Hernandez, Mankins, and McCourty. Don't worry Pats Nation.

Long Distance, the only funny thing here is you comparing a 6th round pick whose played 2 career games to All Pros like Collins and Hightower. Collins and Hightower have earned there place in patriots history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back