PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enter David Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Van Noy is clearly our 2nd best LB right now, and 3rd is most likely harris followefd by mcclellin/roberts

Glad to see him with some snaps, hopefully that helps clear any prior confusion and puts the nail in the coffin regarding his salary and abilities.

If only Brady forced it to Allen more often to help justify that addition.

Roberts is a guesser. He'll either blow up a play or be completely out of position.

Roberts is great weapon to have as situational player.

With condensed active DB unit (even if you add one more) & more starters/rotational players playing ST (Burkhead, Chung, D-Mac, Hogan joined JJ, Marsh etc playing some ST while Grissom was deactivated and M.Flowers not listed in snap counts) so having less ST only guys active . there can be space for more active LBs to have more of their situational value available (depending on the game plan of course).

When McClellin enters he can take another pure ST spot away being a core STer.

As I mentioned during TC Roberts' best usage might be core ST + situational LB. He did enter ST group in the beginning of the season so this will be interesting to monitor.

Of course when High, KVN, McClellin, Roberts, Harris, M.Flowers all healthy . something's gotta give.. They went with 5 active LBs most of the time (w M.Flowers playing significant D snaps only once)..

I think Van Noy is clearly our 2nd best LB right now, and 3rd is most likely harris followefd by mcclellin/roberts

Harris finding his place on the field, Branch getting his giant ass in gear, Bademosi showing he deserves playing time, McClellin making a comeback back from injury, Gilmore and Rowe getting healthy.
Brown, Flowers, the Butlers, the solid safety group, Wise upside?, others -- there's plenty to suggest this D will get better as the season goes on.

If the injury gods don't smite us and the D starts-continues to gel, the 2017 D might be the embodiment of the 2011 D (first half) and the 2014 D (second half).

He looked like a wall.

You've gotta love the way BB uses his personnel like a tool box.
He keeps his tools in a box until a specific job requires it .

Harris was ready, and fresh, and I doubt the Falcons prepared that way.

When you need a drill, you use a drill,
When you need a hammer drill, you use that....

BB keeps his batteries on a charger, fresh and ready for the task at hand..
... ie, The way he uses his RB's ...

I'm still blown away by the change in the defense.

Next man up, worked out good for the defense as a whole, IMO.

We have no choice, but to trust BB will get it better.

Last night seems to point that way. AGAIN...

It seems Harris should definitely find some increased playing time after the Chargers: the Broncos game. Right now Denver's O stats paint a relatively simple picture: They run well, they win. They don't run well, they lose. And with Denver's D able to keep the opposition scoring modest, it would appear run stopping (forcing Denver to throw) is the thesis for our game plan.

From that admittedly simplistic POV it would appear Harris should have notable use in that game plan.

Exactly what I was thinking last night. Dude was setting a tone. This defense needed that.

By the time Cox got here in 01 he wasn't the rangy, blitzing All-Pro he was with MIA but rather that thumper in the box.

I'm not sure how much Harris will play but he did just fine on Sunday

By the time Cox got here in 01 he wasn't the rangy, blitzing All-Pro he was with MIA but rather that thumper in the box.

I'm not sure how much Harris will play but he did just fine on Sunday

Exactly why Harris reminded me of him on Sunday. May give opposing runners and TEs a little more trepidation than they had earlier this season against the Pats.

Roberts just can't be trusted period. Van Noy has come around a bit but is still mostly a JAG. McClellin we will see on. I think he is solid enough and won't blow plays at least.

Harris to me showed why he is the 2nd best LB we have this game. I think he should be able to have similar results from now on. Just be in the right spot so no blown plays happen and make the tackles that are there to make. We need nothing else from him.

I agree with people saying against mobile QBs he might not be the best option but maybe then even still depending on who we have. To me the 3 best LBs are Hightower, Harris, McClellin and you play either McClellin or Harris more depending on the QB's running ability. Van Noy in my mind is emergency only. Roberts just can't seem to read the O and attacks based on his best guess
I was never much of a KVN guy but I'm going to have to disagree with your assessment. As of now Van Noy is the second most reliable LB we have. Now that isn't saying a lot but it is evident that Belichick and the coaches trust him, given his playing time and the extension he received.

I've always thought he was mediocre and but he seems to be plenty sufficient when HT is on the field. Two strong games in a row as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back