PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Enter David Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big time hit on Coleman.

I'll want to see him do it in consecutive weeks, but he sure would be a nice addition to throw into the mix midseason.

Can't run at all but he far from a hinderance out there. I'm not advocating him playing every snap but on early downs in run situations I wouldn't mind seeing him out there. With that being said the Falcons tried to play the hardo role and "establish the run" when it obviously wasn't working.

Sucks Hightower got hurt but nice to have a backup. Its good to have an offseason signing making a contribution.

Harris a few steps slower now but makes up for some of it with his smarts and desire. Agree that he is not an every down player but there are spots he can give Hightower a breather. And maybe he'll have to play most of the next couple of games.

The communication was night and day better with him in there. Obviously he can't be trusted against teams with more mobile quarterbacks (like Houston), but he should be in there as often as possible against teams like Atlanta. Especially on run downs.

Roberts just can't be trusted period. Van Noy has come around a bit but is still mostly a JAG. McClellin we will see on. I think he is solid enough and won't blow plays at least.

Harris to me showed why he is the 2nd best LB we have this game. I think he should be able to have similar results from now on. Just be in the right spot so no blown plays happen and make the tackles that are there to make. We need nothing else from him.

I agree with people saying against mobile QBs he might not be the best option but maybe then even still depending on who we have. To me the 3 best LBs are Hightower, Harris, McClellin and you play either McClellin or Harris more depending on the QB's running ability. Van Noy in my mind is emergency only. Roberts just can't seem to read the O and attacks based on his best guess

Roberts just can't be trusted period. Van Noy has come around a bit but is still mostly a JAG. McClellin we will see on. I think he is solid enough and won't blow plays at least.

Harris to me showed why he is the 2nd best LB we have this game. I think he should be able to have similar results from now on. Just be in the right spot so no blown plays happen and make the tackles that are there to make. We need nothing else from him.

I agree with people saying against mobile QBs he might not be the best option but maybe then even still depending on who we have. To me the 3 best LBs are Hightower, Harris, McClellin and you play either McClellin or Harris more depending on the QB's running ability. Van Noy in my mind is emergency only. Roberts just can't seem to read the O and attacks based on his best guess
Roberts is a guesser. He'll either blow up a play or be completely out of position.

He doesn’t have much speed but is a great tackler.

Apparently speed is incredibly overrated when you've got the best/smartest coaches in the league.

Remember how everyone was ****ting their pants at the mere thought of Atlanta's fast offense, especially the RBs, vs NE's "slow and unathletic" defense?

He doesn’t have much speed but is a great tackler.

Just being in the right spot and making the good smart play makes you better than half the players you are likely to face. We worry too much about physical ability for a lot of positions. Yes you need some physical freaks who can ball but generally there aren't enough guys in this league who can still make you pay if you are in the right spot at the right time by just being a better athlete than you too often.

It's about damn time they use him! I was more impressed with how they used both he and High in the inside. To the naked eye it seems like they moved high back into the middle more so than that stupid edge experiment which allowed for better communication. I think Harris is being used sparingly more so than Cox or Seau were back in the day but as I am sure Bill would say..they are trying to win games now! For as bad as Roberts is in coverage, High has been struggling here as well and I think this may be injury driven and perhaps why he hasn't been put into the middle iin the first few weeks compared to last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back