PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: Pats working out CB Breeland - expected to reach back out this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y not, see voo play.

There's always a place for real starting CB on the roster. Nobody is running away with the job opposite Gilmore at the moment..

The only spot I'm worried about on D is cb#2.
I expect Gilmore to be even better. Pats also have much greater quality cb depth,especially young potential.
But Rowe at cb2 worries me. Dawson will probably be the guy down the road but he's a rookie.

I’m actually pretty suprised he’s still available. I know he failed a physical with Carolina early in the offseason, but that was only due to an infection on his foot.

19 PD’s last year, pretty impressive actually.
"failed"

I’ve also heard Jason McCourty has yet to show much so far up to this point. Still early but could also be some competition for him as well.

I’ve also heard Jason McCourty has yet to show much so far up to this point. Still early but could also be some competition for him as well.
I thought I read he has been solid.

I thought I read he has been solid.
Maybe what I read was much earlier in camp. I thought they had said that he was not taking any starting reps for whatever reason.

Maybe what I read was much earlier in camp. I thought they had said that he was not taking any starting reps for whatever reason.
He is behind Rowe.

I like Breeland too, but not sure there's a place for him on the 53 with a lot of younger CB's showing promise so far in camp.....
Of course there is room. If he is good enough to potentially supplant Rowe, bring him in.

That’s the spot that I’m thinking this interest is aimed at. If Breeland is healthy, he’s a no-brainer upgrade over McCourty.

He is behind Rowe.

Not sure that's clear yet.

From the non-hot takes I've read about the last couple practices, they were moving Rowe around - playing him in the slot with JMac opposite Gilmore on the boundaries. I get the impression that CB remains very unsettled, aside from Gilmore on the boundary and Dawson playing primarily slot. They've even been giving Rowe quite a few ST reps (which he hasn't really done for the Pats so far).

I'm not saying that they're satisfied with JMac, just that it kinda feels like they're having some trouble figuring out where Rowe can contribute.

The notion that Rowe may be on the trade block doesn't seem entirely outlandish to me.

Not sure I love the sound of that. Hopefully him or potentially a signed Breeland can move ahead of him.
Im ok with Rowe as a rotational CB but hes never been healthy enough to play 90% snaps. Plus I dont think hes good enough to warrant it.

Jason is a good zone CB. Part of me wonders if he can convert to FS and take Richards's place.

Breeland is intriguing. He was getting fat cash before he had the foot problem. Hope is takes a deal here.

Not sure that's clear yet.

From the non-hot takes I've read about the last couple practices, they were moving Rowe around - playing him in the slot with JMac opposite Gilmore on the boundaries. I get the impression that CB remains very unsettled, aside from Gilmore on the boundary and Dawson playing primarily slot. They've even been giving Rowe quite a few ST reps (which he hasn't really done for the Pats so far).

I'm not saying that they're satisfied with JMac, just that it kinda feels like they're having some trouble figuring out where Rowe can contribute.

The notion that Rowe may be on the trade block doesn't seem entirely outlandish to me.
Reiss reported that he was behind Rowe in reps and was working with the 2nd team more than the 1st team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back