PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

EDIT: Hogan will play! // H. back at practice! T.Flowers practicing as well (EDIT: out)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF w the walking wounded this season, seems every game both offense and defense r missing 2-4 important players...same fukicng thing in Miami Monday night:mad::mad::mad:

Hopefully we can rest starters in week 17, it would help a lot or atleast the banged up guys

Van Noy and Cannon OUT for Monday

KVN out I was expecting but still is an ouch.
My concern is Gronk being out will be a shock to the O. If I'm Miami I'm all over Cooks and DA while blitzing, make Brady win with having to quick throw to guys he doesn't target much, and this could make scoring sparse. And if the game ends up closer than one would expect from a top tier vs low tier team, the D will really be needed more than it normally would. Not worried about the pass D but the run D has been notably concerning (especially on 2nd down)(without KVN even more concerned).
Patriots D is very good when the Rush D can cause down/distance situations that force teams to have to go repeatedly at the Patriots' strength, the defensive backfield, on third down (the pass D will frequently force punts if teams are forced to throw at it on third down). Fortunately Miami's run game is weak. Even last week I think they had 130 or 140 rushing yards but it was inflated by a single run that was, I think, 50 yards (If I recall from the highlights). Other than that I can't think of a game Miami has run for anything worth noting (if the Patriots can't stop Miami's rushing then it raises the red flag from half mast to full).

My concern is Gronk being out will be a shock to the O. If I'm Miami I'm all over Cooks and DA while blitzing, make Brady win with having to quick throw to guys he doesn't target much, and this could make scoring sparse. And if the game ends up closer than one would expect from a top tier vs low tier team, the D will really be needed more than it normally would. Not worried about the pass D but the run D has been notably concerning (especially on 2nd down)(without KVN even more concerned).
Patriots D is very good when the Rush D can cause down/distance situations that force teams to have to go repeatedly at the Patriots' strength, the defensive backfield, on third down (the pass D will frequently force punts if teams are forced to throw at it on third down). Fortunately Miami's run game is weak. Even last week I think they had 130 or 140 rushing yards but it was inflated by a single run that was, I think, 50 yards (If I recall from the highlights). Other than that I can't think of a game Miami has run for anything worth noting (if the Patriots can't stop Miami's rushing then it raises the red flag from half mast to full).

Damien Williams is OUT for the 'Fins, so that helps at least a bit.

Having both Rowe and Reilly (and possibly Trey Flowers) back on defense probably also helps.

You worry too much..

They played w/o Gronk already this year and it was the first game in the season Pats had control. Incidentally it was a night game in Florida as well.

Brady threw for over 300 yds despite Pats playing the clock game for the bigger part of the second half. Its true that Hogan was considerable part of it . being likely to play can be a part of it again. Moreover they didn't have B-Rex who averages over 60 yds, 1.5 TDs over the last 4 games. And they can always unleash White if needed..

Most of all . the only result of this game that really matters for the season is not adding new names to our injury list here..

Im not expecting a blowout. 24-13 good guys.

That's a blowout.
It certainly depends on the flow of the game.

For example:

If its 24-6 with :20 seconds to go and MIA scores a junk TD then its close to a blowout maybe.

If its 24-13 and MIA attempts an onside kick, recovers but can't convert its nowhere close to a blowout.

I'm wrestling with that tough call, right now I've got Hogan in the lineup with no other WR on the bench. Best pickup available in my league is probably Josh Gordon, or maybe one of the Lions (both Marvin Jones and Golden Tate are available ATM), because I refuse to pick up Roddy Anderson and root for a Jet. But I'm not sure if I should use him to replace Hogan, or Alfred Morris in the W/R spot. Definitely keeping Keenan Allen on the field either way.

Thing is, Hogan had a shoulder injury iirc not his wheels. So I am thinking it's less likely that game action would cause reinjury if he really is ready to go, and thus the team is likely to have him play a good number of snaps and use him fully not just as a decoy, especially with Gronk out. Real key is how effective the run game might be, and whether Brady throws much at all anyway. Might have to look at whether any Patriot RBs are available, but that's a tough call as well. Which one? And Morris is the only RB position I can use (Kamara already played and I'm not benching Bell even against Baltimore).

Tough call indeed. Think I'm going to roll the dice on Hogan.

In fantasy (especially a money league) I leave my heart out of it. I have Bell, McCown, and Robby Anderson all putting up big numbers for me. The Jets are sitting this week as I have feel a pride game coming for the donkeys.

If Marvin Jones is available I would pick him up, and I would definitely slot Gordon in ahead of Hogan this week.

I'm the 2nd seed in my league (11-2) but there's no bye week. I've still got a chance to win a cool grand. Losing Watson has diminished things though.

Is the EDIT for Flowers or Hogan? Where are you seeing that either one is OUT?

Nice. This lets him knock the rust off prior to ****tsburgh.

Something to watch with Hogan back and Gronk out:

How much is Dorsett's snap count going to be impacted?

Hmm. Hes been averaging 42 since Hogs has been out.

If we look at history...

He played 32 snaps vs NO but that was when DA was out.

He played 20 vs TB but Gronk was out.

Since Gronk is out and Hogs is being worked in, I'll say he plays exactly 32 snaps.

I’m guessing approximately a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back