PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Injury Seems to Now Be Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
340-002_HR_0.jpg

Problem solved

So much for the easy breezy undefeated season. I hate that it had to be him. I'd be worried if the offense didn't feel so stacked. As long as Tom Brady's knees are okay, we'll be fine.

Hopefully Belichick won't be heartless when it comes to Edelman and doesn't cut him before next season. He deserves a chance to make a comeback, like Wes Welker did.

I love Edelman and I'm bummed that we are robbed of his services this season, but... if there ever was a season for him to go down this is the one. We are in pretty good shape at WR and TE. So as long as there's no other significant injuries, we're still good. Also, better in preseason than game 1. We have time to regroup.

Just woke up at 4am to pee and couldn't resist checking my phone desperately hoping for good news.

Sigh, I won't be able to get back to sleep now. :(

Just woke up at 4am to pee and couldn't resist checking my phone desperately hoping for good news.

Sigh, I won't be able to get back to sleep now. :(

Pick one of these and write me a 5000 word book report...I'll wait...

Last edited:
Sucks for Jules but we are so stacked at WR that unless there are more injuries (2015 style) I dont think there will be any real dropoff.

Also I dont think Carr will benefit from Edelmans injury at all. He is not getting in and out of his breaks quick enough and is still a project athletically speaking at slot receiver on a NFL level. He will end up on the practice squad. Burkhead/White/Dola/Mitchell will collectively take the Edelman role.

I was hoping for some good news this morning.

d%#*!@t

He walked off the field so...

That means nothing.

Hogan and Cooks should be in for a huge year

Pick one of these and write me a 5000 word book report...I'll wait...

Since it's obvious that the Edelman situation is what's causing him to lose sleep, I would think that the "Nightmare Disorder" and "Restless Leg Syndrome" might be counter-productive topics.

I'm in doubt that this has already been said, but it bears repeating - whilst we have a lot of depth at the position, the link that Brady and Edelman have is like no other and Jules is usually the go to go for the biggest moments.

Good luck to Jules getting through this, he's a beast though and whilst his age won't necessarily help, no-one is more mentally strong, and he's in great shape physically, for his age.

We're still in great shape, got a lot of versatile backs and still have Cooks, Dola, Mitchell and Hogan. This team plus Gronk is better than end of last year with no Gronk.

Yeah, I can see it already....

IMG_0759.jpg

Wow what a freaking bummer to wake up to this news.

The sad thing is you know a lot of Patriot haters are cheering this injury.

The sad thing is you know a lot of Patriot haters are cheering this injury.
I got two phone calls and an email from my brother (Eagles fan) within 15 minutes of Brady tearing his ACL. Eagles still haven't won a Superbowl. It's bad juju to cheer injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back