PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Injury Seems to Now Be Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donté Stallworth

✔@DonteStallworth

Replying to @DonteStallworth
That's my little brother, I love that dude to death. FYI Pats fans, I just heard from him and he's in good spirits. Prayers up for #11!
1f64f-1f3ff.png

11:12 PM - Aug 25, 2017

I AM SAYING...THE GIRLS WHO CRIED ABOUT WES LEAVING SAID HE COULD NEVER BE REPLACED BY LOWLY JULIAN EDELMAN...THE LOSS IS HUGE!
NOW IM SAYING THE LOSS OF JE IS THE SAME.
FOLLOW?

My position on Welker/Edelman has always been pretty straightforward.

Welker is the better short space receiver, and is the best slotWR TB12's ever played with. He gets (got) open faster than any other receiver TB12's ever played with.

Edelman is not as good in short space, but he adds a better 'deep'/outside dimension. He's also more injury prone than WW.

But that's irrelevant here, because neither is available.

PS football is starting to feel like the Pro Bowl

I do not think Carr will factor much early if they keep him, maybe Burkhead will see a fair amount of snaps there. He did play there for Cincy. But I think Carr could see an increasing role later.

Edelman had over 90 rec with over 1000 yards compared to hogan who had 38 receptions. Hogan'a gonna have to take his game to another level. Boy this really sucks!

Sold a hell of a lot more on him than Butler. Guy is getting shredded out there.
Honestly believe Butler is in his own head at this point. He thought he was gonna be traded into a nice contract extension with a new team in the off-season, and when it didn't happen he knows the pressure is on.
Belichick gold!

I like the idea of seeing if Burkhead can do the Edleman role
Burkhead reminds me of a bigger Danny Woodhead, who was a good receiver (Jetes tried to make him a WR). Lots of options, but it's not the same without Edelman, one of my all time favorites, and obviously one of Brady's all time favorites.

Well this is depressing :(

things will work out

we are the patriots

best coach ever....best dynasty ever

in BB we trust

jimmy g will save us

you're such a cutie pie...;)

So the team CAN overcome this injury given the personnel still available

The problem is we haven't played a game yet and are without one of toms favorite targets

So, now, the margin of error is shrinking and we can't afford an injury to a player like Gronk.

So do we trade for a vet WR or go with a young pup in Carr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back