PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Injury Seems to Now Be Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another secret weapon in the slot, the only guy who may have the sweetest feet on the team as sweet as Edelman's. James "Sweet Feet" White. Can you imagine, Cooks, Hogan, Amendola and White spread out and Lewis or Burkhead out of the backfield. You also have Gronk and Mitchell that a defense has to worry about. Just so many weapons to have to deal with, even without Edelman.

I HATE losing Edelman, HATE IT. But now Brady has to spread it out even more. Hogan and Cooks will get more targets than I expected. Which makes the team just as dangerous. Hogan looks crazy good this year.

Yes but let's not forget the big time catch on 3rd down near the end zone when the pats wnere driving to tie the game. Also the overtime catch.

11 catches, 78 yds, a TD and a 2-point conversion for Amendola.

Let's not forget that either - when Edelman couldn't catch a cold until the 4th quarter.

I hate pre-season - love Edelman hopefully its not an acl tear as most fear. What separates him from others is that he's a 4th quarter type player.

Edelman is such an important piece, you could play him at the slot, if DA is in the game you can move him to the outside. Great on WR screens, runs great routes, big time player, can block and return punts. The fact that we can move him on the line so much is invaluable

I hearby proclaim that Julian Edelman will get his 3rd SB ring this season. Like he said repeatedly in SB LI, " you gotta believe". I believe Julian I believe.

Gronk's the better player, But Edelman is the chain mover. This is big.

Unless someone really steps up, (which is possible) the offense most likely will be inconsistent. In the past years when the Patriots were mostly unstoppable is when you had Gronk and Edelman playing together.

I hope its not a torn ACL...

I still think we are the favorites to win the Super Bowl however we just lost a top 5 player on the team. And we haven't even started the war of attrition yet.

Edelman is such an important piece, you could play him at the slot, if DA is in the game you can move him to the outside. Great on WR screens, runs great routes, big time player, can block and return punts. The fact that we can move him on the line so much is invaluable

IMO it's the punt returns that will be the hardest to replace. He is an ELITE punt returner, and a true weapon, especially in big spots.

Amendola is dependable, but doesn't quite have the vision Edelman has. I guess it will be a case of 'How much Cyrus Jones can we live with", because dude made the team by default tonight.

Unless someone really steps up, (which is possible) the offense most likely will be inconsistent. In the past years when the Patriots were mostly unstoppable is when you had Gronk and Edelman playing together.

I hope its not a torn ACL...

I still think we are the favorites to win the Super Bowl however we just lost a top 5 player on the team. And we haven't even started the war of attrition yet.

Also sending out prayers for Edelman, but whatever damage has been done is done. We're waiting to learn news....

Disagree that doom awaits us (to exaggerate the sentiment) with Edelman out. Previously we had a question of how there will enough balls to go around to Hogan, Dola, Jules, Gronk, and Cooks... I hope that it'll turn out just to be a "whew" close call, then this offense will be ridiculous.

But there are still a lot of weapons left even with the 90-reception guy out, if that happens.

Still would suck.

Hogan and Edelman play different positions. White Guy =/= Slot Receiver
Both were outside receivers last year, Hogan 100% of the time and Edelman 65-70% of the time, with the rest in the slot for Jules. We will miss his versatility. He was likely to play more slot this year, if Cooks pans out. Now Danny needs to play more, and another slot guy must emerge.

giphy.gif

This sucks. The Pats will be good. But man, this sucks.

Not a happy thing... but at least whoever counts as this year's Chad Jackson will get a chance to see the field...

More reps for Dola. He will most certainly need to step up. Quite possible that Carr makes the team now, not that he's 50% of the chain mover that JE11 is.

Heavier reliance on the running game + creativity with Burkhead in the slot. Maybe more dump offs to White and Lewis coming out of the backfield.

They can adjust, but I agree with those who state how huge of a loss this is.

Not a happy thing... but at least whoever counts as this year's Chad Jackson will get a chance to see the field...

I'm guessing that's UDFA Austin Carr.

More reps for Dola. He will most certainly need to step up. Quite possible that Carr makes the team now, not that he's 50% of the chain mover that JE11 is.

Heavier reliance on the running game + creativity with Burkhead in the slot. Maybe more dump offs to White and Lewis coming out of the backfield.

They can adjust, but I agree with those who state how huge of a loss this is.

In a way it's funny to even say more of X, Y, and Z... the Pats can look like completely different teams week to week... a lot of teams play the same game regardless of opponent, with minor variations. I think we're on the upper end of adaptability.

But I was here when Welker fans were wearing sackcloth and ashes and pooh poohing anybody who said Edelman could come CLOSE to filling the void. And that was without nearly the known supporting cast we've got now.

I'm not saying "no big deal," I'm just saying that as horrible a human being as it makes me, along with hoping Jules is back and reports thus far are wrong.... I'm wondering who gets plugged in and how each week too.

IF NEED BE... next man up.

In a way it's funny to even say more of X, Y, and Z... the Pats can look like completely different teams week to week... a lot of teams play the same game regardless of opponent, with minor variations. I think we're on the upper end of adaptability.

But I was here when Welker fans were wearing sackcloth and ashes and pooh poohing anybody who said Edelman could come CLOSE to filling the void. And that was without nearly the known supporting cast we've got now.

I'm not saying "no big deal," I'm just saying that as horrible a human being as it makes me, along with hoping Jules is back and reports thus far are wrong.... I'm wondering who gets plugged in and how each week too.

IF NEED BE... next man up.
I want to believe. I really do. :)

I hear what you're saying about the constantly changing gameplan, but Edelman was always Brady's security blanket, and our offense pretty much went through him.

Things will have to change. Like we both said, they can adapt, but we'll need to steps things up, and quickly. Dola will now be a much bigger part of the offense, so let's be thankful that he took another reduced pact to stay around. Unfortunately, he doesn't get open quite as quickly, so it will be a challenge for everyone to step up and do their jobs.

Welp, short of a miracle, this sucks. I think we can get the same or even more catches from Amendola at that position but Amendola can't touch Julian's after the catch numbers. Julian is amazing at creating yardage after the catch.

It's also not a sure thing Edelman ever gets back to 100%. Dion hasn't looked the same after his injury, he was dominating before. Goddamnit this team sure suffers some high profile injuries over the years. ****.

I was looking forward to 650 points

Welp, short of a miracle, this sucks. I think we can get the same or even more catches from Amendola at that position but Amendola can't touch Julian's after the catch numbers. Julian is amazing at creating yardage after the catch.

It's also not a sure thing Edelman ever gets back to 100%. Dion hasn't looked the same after his injury, he was dominating before. Goddamnit this team sure suffers some high profile injuries over the years. ****.
Amendola is not catching 100 balls. Fortunately he does not need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back