PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman Injury Seems to Now Be Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I find concerning/interesting is that they didn't put any sort of brace on Edelman's knee after the game. Usually they put an immobilizer or something on, but the report on Twitter said they just gave him crutches..

From Jeff Howe:

Last edited:
Burkhead reminds me of a bigger Danny Woodhead, who was a good receiver (Jetes tried to make him a WR). Lots of options, but it's not the same without Edelman, one of my all time favorites, and obviously one of Brady's all time favorites.
Burkhead is signed for like 4 years right? He has all the tools for this role if he can learn it and sync with Brady. The team is deep enough but losing Edleman is brutal, worse than Gronk in my opinion.

Losing JEII will hurt for sure but as someone mentioned in another thread in games in the past that Brady hasn't had Jules he also didnt have the weapons he has today. The team is stacked offensively like never before. I think they will be ok and wish the best to JEII!

I think where losing Edelman shows up is the Vulcan mind meld that Brady and Edelman have together.
Each knows what the other is thinking where to place a ball how quick to come back or break on a route and his fiery competitiveness can't be overstated enough that break their neck when their down viciousness that he won't back down to any player regardless of size.
No player on the roster is replacing all that.
The poster who said he is one of the players on O we couldn't afford to lose is absolutely right.
Austin Carr can run routes has hands what he doesn't have is the trust of Brady he doesn't seem to have a mean streak or that fire in Edelmans eyes.
They need to have Carr on the field with Brady running the Edelman routes and see what the results are in the next practices and preseason game.
If any coaching staff can brace for this it's the Patriots.
Any chance that the Rams would trade Tavon Austin on the cheap?
I know he disappointed so far but I feel he has a ton of untapped potential.
Chances are we use Admendola and Carr to replace the reps.
But lets see if it's even torn til we get official word it needs surgery maybe we see Jules back this season when we need him the most.

Edelman has acknowledged to teammates that it looks like the ACL is torn and he is already thinking about his recovery and comeback.

jeff howe

Hell, if you're Logan Mankins you can even play the entire 19 game season through the Super Bowl on one.

Bobby Shaw, a receiver who played for the Steelers, played his career without ACLs. He tore them and never had them fixed..

I think where losing Edelman shows up is the Vulcan mind meld that Brady and Edelman have together.
Each knows what the other is thinking where to place a ball how quick to come back or break on a route and his fiery competitiveness can't be overstated enough that break their neck when their down viciousness that he won't back down to any player regardless of size.
No player on the roster is replacing all that.
The poster who said he is one of the players on O we couldn't afford to lose is absolutely right.
Austin Carr can run routes has hands what he doesn't have is the trust of Brady he doesn't seem to have a mean streak or that fire in Edelmans eyes.
They need to have Carr on the field with Brady running the Edelman routes and see what the results are in the next practices and preseason game.
If any coaching staff can brace for this it's the Patriots.
Any chance that the Rams would trade Tavon Austin on the cheap?
I know he disappointed so far but I feel he has a ton of untapped potential.
Chances are we use Admendola and Carr to replace the reps.
But lets see if it's even torn til we get official word it needs surgery maybe we see Jules back this season when we need him the most.

The offense will be fine. If they are going to make trades they probably should be targeting a DE or an OT, if anything.

Have you watched Carr, or are you just buying into the media hype ? He approximately where Jules was after his rookie camp. He will at least another season to maybe be in position to deliver.

What Brady needs to do is to work with the people that actually will make an impact not with roster bubble guys.

[Carr] is not getting in and out of his breaks quick enough and is still a project athletically speaking at slot receiver on a NFL level.

There isn't an Edelmans-R-Us NFL teams can go to. Carr can't do everything Edelman/Welker did, but he can do some of it.

Have you watched Carr, or are you just buying into the media hype ? He approximately where Jules was after his rookie camp. He will at least another season to maybe be in position to deliver.

What Brady needs to do is to work with the people that actually will make an impact not with roster bubble guys.
Sure but my point is if Carr is to make this roster we need to know if he's called upon he can deliver.
We also need to know what plays Brady and him would sync the best on.
So in case he sees extended action we need to know what he can do and how to get the best out of him.
Plus we need to decide if he's worth the spot or does it go to another back or tight end.

There isn't an Edelmans-R-Us NFL teams can go to. Carr can't do everything Edelman/Welker did, but he can do some of it.

So can most of the first team receivers. What is your point ?

Sure but my point is if Carr is to make this roster we need to know if he's called upon he can deliver.
We also need to know what plays Brady and him would sync the best on.
So in case he sees extended action we need to know what he can do and how to get the best out of him.
Plus we need to decide if he's worth the spot or does it go to another back or tight end.

My point is just that Carr got overhyped by a hungry sports media and people shouldnt go search for Edelman related answers in his corner. He has his own homework to do in order to even make the team.

Dont forget that you only have so many plays in a practice, so taking time away from a QBs work with the real first team crew just so he works with someone who hopefully wont be a contributor is not necessarily the best allocation of time.

If injuries mount up to the point where Brady actually has to throw to players like Carr then the season is most likely screwed anyway. Fortunately there are still multiple safety layers until then.

I wouldn't arbitrarily exclude DJ Foster from taking Edelman's roster spot.

Been thinking about that while watching the later quarters myself. He is pretty versatile in his college history. Definitely a way to keep him around.

The offense will be fine. If they are going to make trades they probably should be targeting a DE or an OT, if anything.

The Pats actually have a lot of guys who can contribute on the edge. While none of the alternative behind Solder/Cannon are great, I'd still go for a safety.

Behind McCourty, Chung and Harmon, we've got .... who?

Richards?
Travis, David Jones, Jason Thompson?

Does anyone really see a viable replacement for any of the three starters there?

This team got screwed more than any other team in the preseason losing rivers and now likely edelman. The offense might be fine but they will have to change their play calling a lot more. Mitchell has to take a big leap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back