PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman facing 4 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they punish for an unknown substance in blood, they might as well punish for Cancer.

They can't be that low or stupid, can they?

The last time they tried to screw the Pats "deflategate" the Pats kicked their ***es from here to Kingdom come.

Except for the part where our QB was suspended for four games and we lost a first round draft pick...

Except for the part where our QB was suspended for four games and we lost a first round draft pick...

Ya but that motivated them to win two SBs. Exactly what the NFL was trying to void. I'll take the picks and 4 games for 2 more SBs too. If the NFL is so stupid.

The Pats won deflategate folks

No, that's not true.

Article 46 doesn't cover/override things that have been explicitly written into the CBA. Like PED and substance abuse discipline.
Not necessarily. Article 46 does not cover PEDS big what the Brady railroading showed is that Goodell is the sole arbiter of “in the best interest of the game” so anything he chooses to declare not in the best interest of the game can not be disputed. Brady didn’t lose his case for any other reason than Goodell had the power to decide that his action fell under that category and he as sold arbiter decided Brady hurt the game and no one can challenge that ruling.

Ya but that motivated them to win two SBs

Maybe...but we can't say that wouldn't have happened otherwise. Regardless, I wouldn't call Deflategate a win for the Pats over the NFL because it "provided motivation", boos on the podium notwithstanding.

Also an extra first round draft pick would have been nice against the Eagles...

Maybe...but we can't say that wouldn't have happened otherwise. Regardless, I wouldn't call Deflategate a win for the Pats over the NFL because it "provided motivation", boos on the podium notwithstanding.

Also an extra first round draft pick would have been nice against the Eagles...

Two SB's equal a resounding win.

Two SB's equal a resounding win.
Two SBs were not won because of deflategate.
In fact the missing draft picks likely cost us one last year, so the result of deflategate more likely is only 2 SBs instead of 3, hardly a win.

Ya but that motivated them to win two SBs. Exactly what the NFL was trying to void. I'll take the picks and 4 games for 2 more SBs too. If the NFL is so stupid.

The Pats won deflategate folks

OK, well again, the Patriots could have won two Superbowls without Deflategate ever having happened, but we'll never know if that's the case.

If you are saying "Patriots only won because of Deflategate" then I guess I agree that I'd trade the suspension and the hit to Brady's rep for two titles. But I also think that if you did a survey of Patriots fans, very few would call Deflategate a win for the Pats.

OK, well again, the Patriots could have won two Superbowls without Deflategate ever having happened, but we'll never know if that's the case.

If you are saying "Patriots only won because of Deflategate" then I guess I agree that I'd trade the suspension and the hit to Brady's rep for two titles. But I also think that if you did a survey of Patriots fans, very few would call Deflategate a win for the Pats.

I'm very confident getting screwed motivated them like nothing else. They still had to have the talent.

If his most recent stuff of "an unknown substance in his blood" results in a suspension and further mud slinging....Then it could do exactly the same no matter what "bad blood" exists with BB and TFB.

I almost blame the NFLPA more at this point for agreeing to such ridiculous terms.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
I almost blame the NFLPA more at this point for agreeing to such ridiculous terms.
I don't have any remaining sympathy for the NFLPA mainly because the players were stupid enough to re-elect DeMaurice Smith.

Last edited:

The NFLPA left themselves open, however when they arrived at the prior CBA Tagliabue was in charge. He wasn't a megalomaniac with a zest for being totally unfair.

The NFLPA left themselves open, however when they arrived at the prior CBA Tagliabue was in charge. He wasn't a megalomaniac with a zest for being totally unfair.
That’s a good point but, this CBA is trash. Like that tender clause Blount got last year, what in the world? It is so heavily slanted against the players it’s insane. What in the world did they get in return? Not guaranteed contracts which should have been a priority and they got a hard cap.

...and we lost our successor at QB. Does anyone believe for an instant Jimmy G would be anywhere other than here if the league hadn't seen him play while Brady was suspended?

No. They specifically said that the substance was "unrecognizable". Meaning they don't know what it is. If they don't know what the substance is, how can it be on the banned list?
Again, many things can only be detected by what they break down into in the body.

Banned substances A, B, and C may all have Z as part of their breakdown products.

When a test finds Z in the body you will not be able to know which of A, B, or C the player took. But it was one of them. Or it could be some other thing that also breaks down into Z.

An important thing I would love to know is if the banned substances list only lists ingested ingredients or if it also lists metabolites and bans anything that breaks down into those metabolites.

Again, many things can only be detected by what they break down into in the body.

Banned substances A, B, and C may all have Z as part of their breakdown products.

When a test finds Z in the body you will not be able to know which of A, B, or C the player took. But it was one of them. Or it could be some other thing that also breaks down into Z.

An important thing I would love to know is if the banned substances list only lists ingested ingredients or if it also lists metabolites and bans anything that breaks down into those metabolites.

How does this convict? "an unknown substance in his blood" Get the proof.

I'm very confident getting screwed motivated them like nothing else. They still had to have the talent.

If his most recent stuff of "an unknown substance in his blood" results in a suspension and further mud slinging....Then it could do exactly the same no matter what "bad blood" exists with BB and TFB.
If The Pats were motivated even more to win a Super Bowl because of deflategate, everyone on that staff needs to be canned. They should not be motivated any more or any less because of external circumstances. Deflategate did not result in anything but damaged reputations, a decrease in talent acquisition, an increased mental workload, and a whole ton of money for the networks and so-called journalists that covered it.

Got a text tonight from a good friend from HS. Played football at an Ivy League school.

“Just talked with a college friend who works for the Pats. Says the entire organization believes Guerrero is behind the Edelman fiasco.”

Zero chance my friend is making it up. Can’t speak for his friend who works for the Pats, but also seems unlikely that he would make it up. Not sure what “the entire organization” means but I thought that it was an interesting piece of information.

If The Pats were motivated even more to win a Super Bowl because of deflategate, everyone on that staff needs to be canned. They should not be motivated any more or any less because of external circumstances. Deflategate did not result in anything but damaged reputations, a decrease in talent acquisition, an increased mental workload, and a whole ton of money for the networks and so-called journalists that covered it.
No

Ya F'ing them over for nothing didn't motivate them at all, roll eyes.

That's why Brady was so great after the ballghazi suspension.

Last edited:
No

Ya F'ing them over for nothing didn't motivate them at all, roll eyes.

That's why Brady was so great after the ballghazi suspension.

That's why F'ing them over again will fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back