PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman facing 4 game suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a good point but, this CBA is trash. Like that tender clause Blount got last year, what in the world? It is so heavily slanted against the players it’s insane. What in the world did they get in return? Not guaranteed contracts which should have been a priority and they got a hard cap.
Non-guaranteed contracts AND a Hard salary cap should be mandatory in EVERY sport.

The NFLPA left themselves open, however when they arrived at the prior CBA Tagliabue was in charge. He wasn't a megalomaniac with a zest for being totally unfair.

They have had CBA negotiations in the post-Tagliabue era. They knew what they were dealing with. They caved.

They have had CBA negotiations in the post-Tagliabue era. They knew what they were dealing with. They caved.
Yup. The most recent CBA was signed in 2011.

Got a text tonight from a good friend from HS. Played football at an Ivy League school.

“Just talked with a college friend who works for the Pats. Says the entire organization believes Guerrero is behind the Edelman fiasco.”

Zero chance my friend is making it up. Can’t speak for his friend who works for the Pats, but also seems unlikely that he would make it up. Not sure what “the entire organization” means but I thought that it was an interesting piece of information.

Just don’t post this on Reddit please.

Just don’t post this on Reddit please.

I don’t have a Reddit account or a Twitter account and don’t plan to open either anytime soon.....but the quote did come from a legit Pats source and not some 23 year-old intern either.

The NFL is very stupid. They thought they had something with the fake run-through distraction news before SB 46 and keep trying with fake news.

Non-guaranteed contracts AND a Hard salary cap should be mandatory in EVERY sport.
Sure it’s good for the fans and the competitiveness of the sport but, it’s horrible for the players.

I don’t have a Reddit account or a Twitter account and don’t plan to open either anytime soon.....but the quote did come from a legit Pats source and not some 23 year-old intern either.

It seems like the age for "made up intern who ****ed up" is always mine plus 1...

Got a text tonight from a good friend from HS. Played football at an Ivy League school.

“Just talked with a college friend who works for the Pats. Says the entire organization believes Guerrero is behind the Edelman fiasco.”

Zero chance my friend is making it up. Can’t speak for his friend who works for the Pats, but also seems unlikely that he would make it up. Not sure what “the entire organization” means but I thought that it was an interesting piece of information.

Zero chance that the entire organization knows what goes on in the innermost circle at the ownership/coaching level which is why this organization is so good at preventing leaks, compared to the rest of the league. If everyone in the entire organization knew, we'd be no better than the Browns.

I would say that it's speculation. Sort of like gossiping at the water cooler, if you will.

Zero chance that the entire organization knows what goes on in the innermost circle at the ownership/coaching level which is why this organization is so good at preventing leaks, compared to the rest of the league. If everyone in the entire organization knew, we'd be no better than the Browns.

I would say that it's speculation. Sort of like gossiping at the water cooler, if you will.
But there's a direct quote from a friend of an Ivy League college pal who works for the Patriots! And no one lies!

But there's a direct quote from a friend of an Ivy League college pal who works for the Patriots! And no one lies!

Until PFT legitimizes it with confirmation from the reddit dude or at least something from Nick in Boston it's hard to lend it any credence.

It's the same language as when it was under Tagliabue

And not dissimilar to what it was under Rozelle going back to '69. That was fine when the commissioner was someone who at the very least within the confines of his position attempted to act in the best interest of the game. In all fairness it's hard to fault the union and players for not seeing the owners would put someone with a complete disregard to his responsibility as a steward of the game in charge

And not dissimilar to what it was under Rozelle going back to '69. That was fine when the commissioner was someone who at the very least within the confines of his position attempted to act in the best interest of the game. In all fairness it's hard to fault the union and players for not seeing the owners would put someone with a complete disregard to his responsibility as a steward of the game in charge
People still don't realize Goodell just does what the owners want. He doesn't do anything without their orders.

That's my point no one else thought to abuse their powers like this clown. No reasonable person would. You can bet the PA will go strongly after the commissioners powers next negotiation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News