PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Day 2 - Pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones is another player from a non power conference, UConn plays a better schedule than UT Chattanooga, but not by much.
If you take out Yale, Holy Cross and maybe UMass, the jump in completion is significant (Clemson, Purdue, Houston, Fresno, Army, UCF, Wyoming, MTSU). I think all of them played in a bowl. Even includes Vanderbilt, who are terrible but still and SEC school.

I prefer spoilers, wtf is wrong with these whiney biatches?
I don’t quite get it. I had the forum open last night and NFL network on and I didn’t want to be spoiled. So once the “the pick is in” showed up on the screen, I just didn’t refresh the page until Goodell announced it. Not ideal when a huge backlog, but it worked pretty decently last night.

We got 10 picks left. I’d like to see some consolidation down to 7 more players.

Offense
-WR
-RB
-OT

Defense
-DT
-Edge
-LB
-CB

I don’t quite get it. I had the forum open last night and NFL network on and I didn’t want to be spoiled. So once the “the pick is in” showed up on the screen, I just didn’t refresh the page until Goodell announced it. Not ideal when a huge backlog, but it worked pretty decently last night.
That's exactly the way to do it.

I did not read the whole thread, but with 10 picks there is no chance of trading down to add more picks. The Pats successfully traded up last year in the 2nd, so I would imagine that is on the deck today.

I did not read the whole thread, but with 10 picks there is no chance of trading down to add more picks. The Pats successfully traded up last year in the 2nd, so I would imagine that is on the deck today.
Definitely anticipating some movement in the 2nd and/or 3rd round today by NE. Guessing they'll end the weekend having made 8 or 9 selections, not 11.

Also of note - the Patriots currently have 7 picks in 2023 with at least an additional 3rd round comp pick likely from JC leaving, perhaps another one from Karras - so that's 8 or potentially 9 picks then too. A trade out of 2022 to gain picks in 2023 is unlikely.

I think people are going to flip out when the Patriots move up in the second to pick an offensive tackle.
I don't want to trade up to do it, but I can be on board with an OT among our picks tonight.

Wynn going into his contact year and a spotty health history,
Trent Brown getting older with an even spottier health history....

I think we have to assume that Herron starts some games this year. So a guy who is an upgrade over Herron and that can be ready to play much more in 2023 would be a big help to this roster.

I don't want to trade up to do it, but I can be on board with an OT among our picks tonight.

I think we have to assume that Herron starts some games this year. So a guy who is an upgrade over Herron and that can be ready to play much more in 2023 would be a big help to this roster.
Definitely gonna need to pickup a quality Tackle option, maybe even a few from the UDFA class as well.

Also of note - the Patriots currently have 7 picks in 2023 with at least an additional 3rd round comp pick likely from JC leaving, perhaps another one from Karras - so that's 8 or potentially 9 picks then too. A trade out of 2022 to gain picks in 2023 is unlikely.
While your logic is sound (1) never bet on a BB move (2) he’ll use some of next year’s picks to trade for a player or two (3) GMs are happy to load up on future picks - they can decide, in the future, if they are going to use or move them.

While your logic is sound (1) never bet on a BB move (2) he’ll use some of next year’s picks to trade for a player or two (3) GMs are happy to load up on future picks - they can decide, in the future, if they are going to use or move them.
Yep, while it's unlikely like I said, it certainly isn't impossible.

I agree there is a need, I am fine with one of the picks today being a tackle. I just don’t want to see the Pats move up to draft a tackle at the expense of improving a slow defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes