PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Day 2 - Pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also of note - the Patriots currently have 7 picks in 2023 with at least an additional 3rd round comp pick likely from JC leaving, perhaps another one from Karras - so that's 8 or potentially 9 picks then too. A trade out of 2022 to gain picks in 2023 is unlikely.

We traded a 2023 3rd round pick to Miami for DeVante Parker.

I expect a long snapper in the second round.

Today I’m expecting a few of the following…

Davis
McDuffie
Dean
Williams
Zion
Lloyd
Hill
J. Johnson

Please Bill bring us DeMarvin Leal, Travis Jones, Chad Muma or Kayler Gordon.
BTW - I have a bad feelings BB will not pick any CB and tries to find another JC Jackson amongst UDFA.

Please Bill bring us DeMarvin Leal, Travis Jones, Chad Muma or Kayler Gordon.
BTW - I have a bad feelings BB will not pick any CB and tries to find another JC Jackson amongst UDFA.
They have a proven track record of developing UDFA defensive backs and OL so it wouldn’t hurt.

What time does it start, 7?

They have a proven track record of developing UDFA defensive backs and OL so it wouldn’t hurt.
Ok, I was not precise in my statement. I was trying to say I wanted to take Gordon as our future CB so maybe "bad feelings" was a bit misleading :)

I see “im over following Patriots as long as Belichick is here“, “im done with this Draft“ and other promising resolutions by esteemed posters didnt last very long. Well, thats a shame. Another Draft Day thread going down the drain.. Lets see if there is some life & sanity in the Draft board then..

We got the offensive signal caller taken care of last year, so that's covered. I'm hoping for someone to take over the Green Dot in the long run. Bentley took over for a month in 2020, and I think his head exploded, so they ended up giving it to McCourty. Hightower took it back last year in tandem with McCourty. Raekwon supposedly has potential, but who knows.

Past Green dots since inception in 2008 with supersubs (pls correct if missing/inaccurate):

Bruschi (Vrabel)
Mayo (Guyton)
Hightower (Van Noy, Bentley, McCourty)

In my mock, I was thinking despite the size deficiencies, BB was going to get his Zach Thomas sized "[supposedly] hasn't gotten a B since 8th grade typing class" super mental processor high character signal caller Nakobe, but I don't see that happening anymore unless he really falls. I'm thinking there might be another reach with super nerd (academic heisman finalist like aidan hutchinson)/high character and FCS athlete Troy Andersen, despite the inexperience at LB. He's certainly had experience as an offensive signal caller as a QB at MSU. Man Chenal's also a super nerd and more BB's body type but was still able to supposedly hit over 20mph in a game, but I don't see him falling to 54. There's Alabama again with Harris, and Muma. Curious to see how this all shakes out.

Last edited:
I expect LB, CB, and WR tonight.
Yeah, might also consider d-line as well. Here are a few names to keep an eye on tonight: Some good options still there.

-MLBNakobe Dean, Georgia
–OLB David Ojabo, Michigan
–OLB Arnold Ebiketie, Penn State
–OLB Boye Mafe, Minnesota
–MLB Christian Harris, Alabama
–MLB Leo Chenal, Wisconsin
–MLB Chad Muma, Wyoming
–OLB Nik Bonnito, Oklahoma
–NT Travis Jones, UConn
–DL Logan Hall, Houston
–DL Perrion Winfrey, Oklahoma
–DL Phidarian Mathis, Alabama
–DL Josh Paschal, Kentucky
–Skyy Moore, Western Michigan
–George Pickens, Georgia
–Christian Watson, North Dakota State
–John Metchie, Alabama
–Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
–Kyler Gordon, Washington
–Roger McCreary, Auburn
–Tariq Woolen, UTSA

Since carolina has no picks and needs a qb, maybe we our second and one third for cb horn!

54 - 85- 94 tonight. Three guys: Interior DL, LB, OT. Boring, but building blocks. Love to see 1) NT John Ridgeway Arkansas at 54, 2) Brandon Smith, LB from Penn State picked at 85, and 3) OT Abraham Lucas, Washington State at 94.

A young OT is a real need with all the injury history the Pats have on the outside of the line. They don't need a starter, but solid understudy to take some snaps and lessen the load.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore