PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dorsett unlikely to be cleared for Dallas game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes you wonder if the Seahawks thought to themselves when drafting that they needed to target a young WR who can help them win now. Thinking out of the box I believe.
That’s exactly what they did, since they knew that Doug Baldwin was done for good. That said, things are a bit different when you have Russell Wilson’s elusiveness and ability to extend the play long enough for guys to get open. Also, we have no idea what they’re asking Metcalf to do in terms of responsibilities and how that would compare to N.England’s system. The same goes for Terry McLaurin.

But, kudos to Metcalf, as well as Wilson and Carrol. He’s had a great rookie campaign and looks like the real deal.

That’s exactly what they did, since they knew that Doug Baldwin was done for good. That said, things are a bit different when you have Russell Wilson’s elusiveness and ability to extend the play long enough for guys to get open. Also, we have no idea what they’re asking Metcalf to do in terms of responsibilities and how that would compare to N.England’s system. The same goes for Terry McLaurin.

But, kudos to Metcalf, as well as Wilson and Carrol. He’s had a great rookie campaign and looks like the real deal.
Curious as to what part you dislike, @Wax Frog ? I wasn’t meaning to suggest that Wilson is better all around, but only that it’s difficult to compare their system to ours because Wilson often extends plays and has a bit of backyard football to his game.

So you are saying that a team can adapt the playbook to fit a wrs skill level. There is a lot of excuses being made for our wrs when around the league rookie wrs are doing well in some places. McDaniels can make it work with any wr if he wanted to. I think our wrs will turn out ok, but the team just doesn’t seem to want to force the issue with, until today. It’s make or break really, either they have it or they don’t.

Then why draft Harry?

Terry McLaurin isn't waiting around to produce dividends on a lousy Redskins team.Seahawks DK Metcalf is another.

Makes you wonder if the Seahawks thought to themselves when drafting that they needed to target a young WR who can help them win now. Thinking out of the box I believe.
It's only his second game after missing half the season in the NFL. And he's playing in one of the most complicated offenses in the league, one that seasoned vets have struggled to grasp. What are you talking about? The two situations are not the same.

It's only his second game after missing half the season in the NFL. And he's playing in one of the most complicated offenses in the league, one that seasoned vets have struggled to grasp. What are you talking about? The two situations are not the same.

McLaurin is on a 1 win team thats had 3 different QBs.

He is averaging 63 yards a game and is the Redskins leading WR as a ROOKIE. 9 games - 566 ryds - 5 TDs.

No lame excuses for this 3rd round draft pick. You cant blame Brady for getting sick of this horse$hit drafting of RBs and WRs. Something is usually wrong with who the Pats draft on the offensive side of the ball. IR waiting to happen or they cant spell "C-A-T" if you spotted them the "C" and the "T."

He is averaging 63 yards a game and is the Redskins leading WR as a ROOKIE. 9 games - 566 ryds - 5 TDs.

No lame excuses for this 3rd round draft pick. You cant blame Brady for getting sick of this horse$hit drafting of RBs and WRs. Something is usually wrong with who the Pats draft on the offensive side of the ball. IR waiting to happen or they cant spell "C-A-T" if you spotted them the "C" and the "T."

The last guy who supposedly couldn't spell CAT if he was spotted the C and the T won four Super Bowls. Hmmmmm.

Anyway sit back and relax. Harry will be fine and the more time he has in the system the better he'll get. And maybe one day you'll be happy the Pats drafted him.

So you are saying that a team can adapt the playbook to fit a wrs skill level. There is a lot of excuses being made for our wrs when around the league rookie wrs are doing well in some places. McDaniels can make it work with any wr if he wanted to. I think our wrs will turn out ok, but the team just doesn’t seem to want to force the issue with, until today. It’s make or break really, either they have it or they don’t.

Make or break? No it's just one game. If they continue to improve they're fine.

Make or break? No it's just one game. If they continue to improve they're fine.
I'm not even responding anymore, Tony. Why would anyone respond at this point? The guy missed half the season, has played one NFL game and is now supposed to play on the level of guys who have been playing all season with their respective teams in offenses that are vastly different... because it's apparently just that easy. Incredible.

I'm not even responding anymore, Tony. Why would anyone respond at this point? The guy missed half the season, has played one NFL game and is now supposed to play on the level of guys who have been playing all season with their respective teams in offenses that are vastly different... because it's apparently just that easy. Incredible.

Maybe I'll just use the time to create a thread involving my pinky to see if it would fare better than my thumb did. :D

Curious as to what part you dislike, @Wax Frog ? I wasn’t meaning to suggest that Wilson is better all around, but only that it’s difficult to compare their system to ours because Wilson often extends plays and has a bit of backyard football to his game.

Sorry, no dislike intended - sometimes when I scroll through a thread, I accidentally press an emoji. I've removed that accidental vote.

Sorry, no dislike intended - sometimes when I scroll through a thread, I accidentally press an emoji. I've removed that accidental vote.

You should make a thread about that. :D

Maybe I'll just use the time to create a thread involving my pinky to see if it would fare better than my thumb did. :D
Thumb? I thought that was a toe!

No, he was reporting what he heard. If I have time later I'll see if I can find the segment on 98.5, I think it was yesterday or maybe Thursday afternoon. (I was in the car running errands.)
Troy Aikman “Brady loved what he saw from Harry in practice this week.”

Troy Aikman “Brady loved what he saw from Harry in practice this week.”
Wow, that Troy Aikman guy sure gets the inside scoop! Does he do a Patriots blog or podcast?

Let's not forget Bill's GM draft mastermind... Let's pick a early 2rd & 3rd pick: CB & RB. $%&$#69D chess! :D

Did you look at the other WRs on the roster? Did it ever occur to you that a rookie with ANY promise is going to get a huge amount of play on a ONE WIN TEAM vs a team contending for a SB?

When is Gronk getting here? I know you've got the inside scoop!

You know, considering this horse$hit drafting and all, it's a wonder they manage to win ONE game a year.

The redskins don’t have an Edelman on their roster. Who else is there to throw to? Paul Richardson lol? Add into the fact Washington has played from behind all year it would make sense that his stats would be better even if Harry had played a full 10 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes