PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dorsett unlikely to be cleared for Dallas game

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, call Gasper a liar if you want, I'm just passing along what I heard him say.

Gasper has no history of having sources and has proven to have little credibility. It's hard to believe information this critical would leak to him and him only.

Slater catches a long one this week

I call bs. Practice is not open to reporters and there is no way a player or a coach would tell gasper that.

Yeah, if Reiss comes out with a veiled indication that we should "temper our expectations" with Harry, then I'll be concerned.

OK, call Gasper a liar if you want, I'm just passing along what I heard him say.

Interesting how he has access to practice attending sources but somehow reports the one thing that is unverifiable and gives him the maximal amount of cover to hedge. But conveniently he has no further info on how Sanu looked, or that Dorsett still didn't clear the final stage of concussion protocol and most probably also didn't know about Brady's elbow.

Cool. The Pats are playing rope-a-dope with Jerruh Jones. No Brady, no Dorsett, no Sanu, no Newhouse. Belichick will probably take a personal day on Sunday to spend more time with his family.

Patriots 44
Cowboys 3

That sucks. With him and Sanu out I hope this gives LaCosse a chance to a healthy chunk of targets and a chance to see if there is something there.

He has been invisible so far mostly due to injuries. Now would be his chance to step up as a contributor.
With the weather prediction, top targets will be Jules, White and the dirt. As long as the O doesn't cause any stupid turnovers, I will take that.

Last edited:
Exactly how do you know that he stinks ? He has been injured all through the first part of the season fighting ankle and knee issues. I am not saying he will turn out to be necessarily some great player but you are talking exactly like some people did about Amendola early on.

At least wait until there is a decent sample size.. and this week it seems like he will have an opportunity..

I don’t know if he was healthy last week or not but I think he lit it up with 2 receptions for 3 yards ? One of those was a hot tamale. I hope he kicks butt...I have my doubts.

Exactly how do you know that he stinks ? He has been injured all through the first part of the season fighting ankle and knee issues. I am not saying he will turn out to be necessarily some great player but you are talking exactly like some people did about Amendola early on.

At least wait until there is a decent sample size.. and this week it seems like he will have an opportunity..
I don't know why people think he's some secret weapon that when he gets healthy will turn into something other than what he's shown. He's an oft injured, good number three TE, average number two TE.

Brady is going have 600 yds the game, BOOK IT. 200 yds for each wide receiver. 600 TDs, too.

I don’t know if he was healthy last week or not but I think he lit it up with 2 receptions for 3 yards ? One of those was a hot tamale. I hope he kicks butt...I have my doubts.

As your avatar knows best. If you are not being targeted there is not much you can do. With 2 WR down there is a chance he actually gets a couple targets on Sunday. If he sees those it will be on him to make an impression.

If he ends up sucking then so be it. I just don't see how anyone who doesn't have access to practice can say anything about him so far. Maybe we need to ask Gasper.

with Isaiah back we will wynn regardless!

Interesting how he has access to practice attending sources but somehow reports the one thing that is unverifiable and gives him the maximal amount of cover to hedge. But conveniently he has no further info on how Sanu looked, or that Dorsett still didn't clear the final stage of concussion protocol and most probably also didn't know about Brady's elbow.
The discussion specifically was about Harry and Meyers filling the void when needed. Gasper didn't name his source(s) so if true, I'd assume the info he got was off the record. He indicated that Harry is having difficulty picking things up and earning Brady's trust while Meyers is doing better but is not fully up to speed. I find this info plausible, which is why I'm passing it along. Take it for what it's worth depending on your view of Gasper's veracity.

I know not this 'we' you speak of but the forecast is mixed, the 5 of 'you' should dress in layers and bring rain gear

This is brilliant. Thank you!

Reports also said that Brady was in a much better mood this week. Maybe HE turned an emotional corner regarding HIS role with the new WRs and rookies.

These things matter. In any case, not having Dorsett or Sanu (if 1 or both are indeed out) will hurt in the game, of course, but in the longer picture - December, January - it should make the Pats a better team for the playoffs.

WRs can't catch balls that aren't thrown to them. If Harry is always the 3rd read, or Meyers is always the last man up, or if LaCosse only gets a couple of looks game because of OL issues, then none of the three has a chance to really progress in live action.

Lot of football left to play.

He indicated that Harry is having difficulty picking things up and earning Brady's trust while Meyers is doing better but is not fully up to speed. I find this info plausible, which is why I'm passing it along.

It's certainly not implausible, I just can't get past Gasper supposedly having access to information that isn't also being heard by other reporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back