PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Donkeys vs Bungles MNF Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peyton Manning of 2015? It's not madness at all. He was that bad.

He was bad, no doubt, but he still had 60% plus completion percentages in 5/9 games this season.

Tim Tebow is known for not being able to hit the side of a barn. He has a 47% completion percentage over the course of his career, and never went over 50% as a starting QB.

He was bad, no doubt, but he still had 60% plus completion percentages in 5/9 games this season.

Tim Tebow is known for not being able to hit the side of a barn. He has a 47% completion percentage over the course of his career, and never went over 50% as a starting QB.

I don't think completion % tells the whole story. Peyton has 9 TDs and 17 INT this season. I believe he still leads the league in INT despite missing 6 games. His QB rating is 67.6. Tebow's was 72.9 back in 2011.

I kid you not, buckaroo. When I suggested that New England consider trading up for Cooper, there were all sorts of "who?" comments that followed. Heckle all you want to, but we could use someone like him right now, and in the next few years.

Atlanta in 2011 for Julio Jones traded from 27th to 6th.

Gave up
2011(27th) 2011 2nd(59th) and 4th(124th)
2012 1st(22nd) and 4th(118th)

Pats since they were drafting 32nd overall and projected to finish AFC Title game would have to give up more than Atlanta did to Cleveland. On top of moving up 28 spots and not 23 spots. I am not sure giving 5 or 6 high draft picks is worth Cooper.

I don't think completion % tells the whole story. Peyton has 9 TDs and 17 INT this season. I believe he still leads the league in INT despite missing 6 games. His QB rating is 67.6. Tebow's was 72.9 back in 2011.

No doubting that Manning played terribly and turned the ball over too much this year, but I'm not ready to think that Tim Tebow is more effective than both Manning/Osweiler. Just a difference of opinions, that's all.

Atlanta in 2011 for Julio Jones traded from 27th to 6th.

Gave up
2011(27th) 2011 2nd(59th) and 4th(124th)
2012 1st(22nd) and 4th(118th)

Pats since they were drafting 32nd overall and projected to finish AFC Title game would have to give up more than Atlanta did to Cleveland. On top of moving up 28 spots and not 23 spots. I am not sure giving 5 or 6 high draft picks is worth Cooper.

I'm not sure that Belichick would see value with anyone for this kind of trade off, or else we'd likely see it with obvious defensive players who have size/speed to excel in any scheme or program (like Watt, for example).

Offensive players like Cooper aren't even guaranteed to be able to pick up our complicated system, so I think we'd be less likely to take risks in moving up to get them. There's always the obvious OL or maybe RB, but only if the price were right. I don't think there's any "set" rule with Bill, but I do think he tends to repeat patterns a lot of the time when it comes to certain things.

I kid you not, buckaroo. When I suggested that New England consider trading up for Cooper, there were all sorts of "who?" comments that followed. Heckle all you want to, but we could use someone like him right now, and in the next few years.

I have no clue who the **** you are talking about but no one even semi informed here would have said "who" to Cooper.

More over your suggestion to sell the farm for a WR is insane and fortunately this is not how we operate. I'd rather have depth than a shiny WR, especially when our offense was anyway the best in the league until people got injured. And dont give me any of the "but then we would be able to overcome certain injuries" bullcrap because its just as likely that Cooper would have gotten injured.

Cooper, Jones, Green, Bryant = shiny hood ornaments.

Amount of first round WR's that have been on the last 5 Superbowl winning teams:

ONE. Hakeem Nicks, back in 2012 for the Giants (f*ck Wes Welker with David Tyree's helmet).

Defense wins championships.

You do realize we are getting most of our injured players back for the playoffs right?

Offense will look alot different with edelman and amendola back

I don't see the o-line getting better. Getting guys will no doubt help but who knows how rusty or how they will look the first game back.

I don't see the o-line getting better. Getting guys will no doubt help but who knows how rusty or how they will look the first game back.

This teams's fortunes will rest with production of the o-line. With the Jests, Donks and Bengals having pretty ferocious pass rushes (and with the fact the Pats will have to get through at least one or two of these teams), well, let's just say, Brady will look very un-Brady like if the o-line doesn't perform adequately.

I do get that the o-line will "look" much different with the return of Edelman & Dola, but they still will have to perform at a decent level for this team to succeed.

Last edited:
Yup. O-line is a major concern. Guys are getting injured every game, BB, not having much choice, is moving guys in positions they don't normally play etc. Plus all the rookies.

Next year Solder comes back and hopefully the rookies get better. May not be the worst idea to draft more guys in case.

Bengals bungled the game. should have won it. Don't know why they didnt do more deep passes as they did in 1st half..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down