PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do Your Job Parte Trois NFL Network Wed Sept 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, on multiple occasions the Rams had a CB covering Develin out wide and left a LB on Edelman because they were playing zone???? I'm sorry, but the whole Wade Phillips is a genius thing took a stumble there.........

The Patriots scored the fewest points of any SB winner in history.

Taking shots at Wade Philips is kinda like taking shots at Brady for SB52 when the Patriots scored the most points of any SB loser, and Brady threw for 500 yards.

Key word in your post is "let". BB was prepared for it - - it didn't catch him off guard. He just prioritized around it.

The tweet (which for some reason isn't loading now) said something to the effect that the Rams had not prepared for the 22 with 5 wide and had no strategy for it at all. They hadn't even prepared for the results of it or prioritized for or against it and what it would mean for the overall gameplan.

There's a big difference.
What I am saying is the Rams could have changed their D game plan, and perhaps they give up 24 -28 points.. who knows.

To only give up 13 in the Super Bowl means your D did the job, and hence your D Game Plan did the job.

Taking shots at Wade Philips is kinda like taking shots at Brady for SB52 when the Patriots scored the most points of any SB loser, and Brady threw for 500 yards.
No it isn't.

The Patriots scored the fewest points of any SB winner in history.

Phillips is a D genius, no doubt and LA was also loaded with talent.

But you have to cover ALL the bases in a SB with 2 weeks to prepare. See Do Your Job I regarding the Butler interception and remember Ernie's quote about preparation.

THAT right there is the difference between a "talented and smart coach" and a "Championship coach".

I was very happy when we traded Cooks. His performance in the SB was justification as to why they let him go.
I will never forget him trying to jump over the defender with the entire right side of the field open and 2yds to gain or when he literally stood still and turned in a circle before getting his clock cleaned.

But you have to cover ALL the bases in a SB with 2 weeks to prepare. See Do Your Job I regarding the Butler interception and remember Ernie's quote about preparation.

THAT right there is the difference between a "talented and smart coach" and a "Championship coach".

Further @Nehalem, watch the youtube below.

Butler's interception was on the ONLY time all year that the Patriots were in 3-Corner.

I'm being unfair to Phillips, admittedly, by comparing him to the out of the universe prep the Pats do.

See 3:51

What I am saying is the Rams could have changed their D game plan, and perhaps they give up 24 -28 points.. who knows.

To only give up 13 in the Super Bowl means your D did the job, and hence your D Game Plan did the job.

You should also watch the above Youtube of DYJ I, and see what DYJ really means.

It's just not "Regular Season Peyton Manning Stat Domination". It is the details and situations to win the chess match that is a football game.

No it isn't.

If I told you before the SB the Patriots would only score 13 points, what would you have thought their chances of victory were?

I will concede to BB being the superior defensive coach :D

If I told you before the SB the Patriots would only score 13 points, what would you have thought their chances of victory were?
I would've thought that their chances were very low...and I also would've thought that they probably blew 6-10 points completely outta their offensively collective asses, regardless of how Allegedly well the SunofaBum's defense Supposedly played...which is of course what ended up happening.

Interesting how they didn't talk about how the Patriots took advantage of changing their defensive look after the 15 second cutoff for Goff to receive info from McVay via the earpiece.

Also would've been nice to see them pull up some stats about the conversion of three 3rd & 10s on the same drive.

Just came out this week. Phenomenal as always.

Some thoughts:

1. We are so blessed to have Belichick as a coach. An encyclopedia of knowledge, wise, practical, shows how he gives his coaches a lot of leeway.

2. This one focuses a lot on offense. Maybe it's simply because Flores was in Miami during filming. Seems a bit off to me to gloss over perhaps the greatest defensive Superbowl performance, holding the Rams to only 3 points.

3. Gronk is so irreplaceable. So many times when it was a do or die situation he was the key chess piece to make a huge catch or help on the power run game.

4. It took 12 years but McDaniels is an elite offensive coach. The 7minute and 28minute mark show his maturity and evolution as a coach. He talks about how Belichick told him you have to go with what your personnel is (power run), not what you hope personally to do with spread passing. And, to accept it's about winning, not to put up 34 points every time, and be willing to adapt midgame to what is happening.

McDaniels "If you keep holding on to what you rather be - no huddle, spread formations, 34 points a game then you're probably going to end up regretting alot of things at the end of the year"

A lot of talk that BB had been building a power O, ball control offense to alleviate Brady's age. I think this quote from Do Your Job III has more significance now. That offense was out of circumstance not plan A. Let the air raid begin :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back