PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do Your Job Parte Trois NFL Network Wed Sept 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won’t lie, after losing weeks 14-15, I did not see it ending in confetti for the good guys. D, running, discipline, unselfish stars. Winners.
I thought the AFC was not real strong and if you make it to the big game, you can win it. But I did not feel good at all. Felt like we could get blown out and go one and done.

But, weirdly when these games came time to be played I felt great.

McDaniels is one of the few Pats coaches I’d feel comfortable hiring. I’d be concerned about what role Bill had with Patricia/Flores game plan if I were hiring them, but clear to me McDaniels has a lot of free reign.
What team do you own?

Ffffuuuuuuuuudjakdhs I wish I could watch this!

It's clear McDaniels was the "main character" in this one. I really enjoyed it.

Kinda had to be because of all the turnover on coaching. But still glad to see.

I was actually a bit disappointed in this one. They made it be all about Josh and sometimes the resulting focus on the offense seemed forced. And the defense was ignored way too much. I think the breakdown of the Gilmore INT in the Super Bowl may have been one of the only times they talked about defense in the entire show!

By contrast, I thought the America's Game 2018 after it was better than I was expecting based on the last couple. Good choice to give the McCourty twins most of the mike time.

I was actually a bit disappointed in this one. They made it be all about Josh and sometimes the resulting focus on the offense seemed forced. And the defense was ignored way too much. I think the breakdown of the Gilmore INT in the Super Bowl may have been one of the only times they talked about defense in the entire show!

Again, nearly all of the defensive coaches left before this was taped.

Again, nearly all of the defensive coaches left before this was taped.

This. They didn’t have much of a choice. The only one who could have been given time was Steve Belichick and perhaps BB wants to protect him from media glare.

I watching right now. This is amazing...talking about Patriots changing from a passing team to a running team after they struggled in December. Good job McD!

Thought this was a recent trend to take the pressure off of #12, and with the addition of Damian Harris, does that confirm this suspicion???

One of the deepest and best groups of running backs I can remember.. a nightmare for opposing OC's..

So, on multiple occasions the Rams had a CB covering Develin out wide and left a LB on Edelman because they were playing zone???? I'm sorry, but the whole Wade Phillips is a genius thing took a stumble there.........

That happens when you play zone. That’s why the Pats feature as much pre-snap motion as they do on passing downs - to isolate the best
match-up that they have. They struggled in man-to-man against Edelman as well. They could have subbed in another DB, but then the Patriots would have simply gone into heavy formations and ran them over. In all, what they did would have worked most of the time. They held the Pats to 13. Unfortunately for them, the Pats held them to 3. LMAO, go **** yourself, Wade.

What team do you own?
I’m Woody Johnson

source.gif

So, on multiple occasions the Rams had a CB covering Develin out wide and left a LB on Edelman because they were playing zone???? I'm sorry, but the whole Wade Phillips is a genius thing took a stumble there.........

One of the Rams coaches or players commented on this back in Feb. He said they didn't have a check for 22 personnel in 5 wide, so the default was zone. I'm going to assign more credit to Josh for doing something different rather than assign blame to Wade for being caught off guard for a play in an otherwise well-prepared game plan.

Regards,
Chris

By contrast, I thought the America's Game 2018 after it was better than I was expecting based on the last couple. Good choice to give the McCourty twins most of the mike time.

I agree that this was the weakest of the three DYJ shows. That being said it was still better than most of the Americas Game stuff with the exception of the McCourty bros.

I was hoping for more background info on decisions like when to deploy the pass rush, the actual gameplan going into the game and so on. To be fair the original DYJ set the bar ridiculously high with the insight into the double pass, the ineligible receiver plays and then how much work went into prep-ing for the very goal line situation that made Butler a hero.

Either way I'd rather listen to BB and Josh talk about football -- even on a basic level -- then cringe along to Edelman.

Thanks U-Verse for dropping NFL network - Not!!!!!!

This. They didn’t have much of a choice. The only one who could have been given time was Steve Belichick and perhaps BB wants to protect him from media glare.
Bill couldn't have covered the D?

Anyway what they gave us was great and while DYJ was clearly lacking in defensive analysis I absolutely loved the Josh love fest. He deserves it and he's fun to listen too.

The McCourty twins were awesome. Gronk and Jules are always good I did kinda want some variety. Sony would have been a good option. But Jules carried the playoffs and you kinda needed him. And the Gronk stuff at the end was kinda needed too given this likely was his last go.

Now I just need to carve out some time to watch them all in order. These documentaries are getting so abundant it takes longer than a Star Wars marathon to watch it all.

4.5 billion years and I'm here during Star Wars and Tom Brady!

I enjoyed watching them, but I kinda thought both were the weakest ones of their respective series.

I really did like the McCourty brothers as well, and Gronk was essential given that he had retired, but I would have been cool with Van Noy in there or something. I really like Jules, but he was in the 2014 and 2016 vids and just had his 100% thing this summer.

Also, Jules looked like he had the flu? Or was hungover? Just climbed a mountain?

I started getting distracted during the DYJ segments about 2/3 the way through...it didn't grip me too much. I'll have to watch it again sometime soon.

A great watch to get ready for the season!

Just amazing to watch Josh and Bill breakdown plays with the centerpiece being a converted college QB.

Belichick still pissed about the chiefs pick-play
One thing about the hooded genius...he never passes up an opportunity to get in somebody's head...in this case, the head belongs to anyone officiating a Patriots game this season and any replay officials when he challenges a call like that under the new rule...also opposing DC's.

I enjoyed watching them, but I kinda thought both were the weakest ones of their respective series.

I really did like the McCourty brothers as well, and Gronk was essential given that he had retired, but I would have been cool with Van Noy in there or something. I really like Jules, but he was in the 2014 and 2016 vids and just had his 100% thing this summer.

Also, Jules looked like he had the flu? Or was hungover? Just climbed a mountain?

I started getting distracted during the DYJ segments about 2/3 the way through...it didn't grip me too much. I'll have to watch it again sometime soon.
I think we're all just a teeny, tiny bit spoiled...but that's a good thing!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye