PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do Your Job Parte Trois NFL Network Wed Sept 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, on multiple occasions the Rams had a CB covering Develin out wide and left a LB on Edelman because they were playing zone???? I'm sorry, but the whole Wade Phillips is a genius thing took a stumble there.........

So, on multiple occasions the Rams had a CB covering Develin out wide and left a LB on Edelman because they were playing zone???? I'm sorry, but the whole Wade Phillips is a genius thing took a stumble there.........

That is what people mean when they say "create mismatches" when they talk about OCs. Figure out what the exact coverages and their rules are and then send a personnel with a certain look to exploit the way they adjust to you spreading it out (or in other cases going to a run from an obvious pass look).

I agree that it should not take Phillips 2-3 plays to clean up that hole but that's a different story. I mean how often did other teams figure out a way to get a LB on their RB running a wheel against us in the last few years. **** like that happens but you gotta clean it up fast.

I’d say the Wade Phillips genius stock is at an all-time high.

I watching right now. This is amazing...talking about Patriots changing from a passing team to a running team after they struggled in December. Good job McD!

Last edited:
Man Mahomes was something. Rodgers would have quit in the second half, Mahomes kept firing away.

I watching right now. This is amazing...talking about Patriots changing from a passing team to a running team after they struggled in Denver. Good job McD!

I’m not watching but Denver? We didn’t play Denver.

Man what a weird year for Burkhead, didn’t make many plays but the ones he did make were incredibly important.

Great stuff as always, love Do Your Job - always the best stuff. But I am missing the Pink Stripes :cool:....

Looks like that extra attention McDaniels was to get from BB after refusing Indy job is on full display here. BB standing with McDaniels like an old friend.

It's clear McDaniels was the "main character" in this one. I really enjoyed it.

McDaniels is one of the few Pats coaches I’d feel comfortable hiring. I’d be concerned about what role Bill had with Patricia/Flores game plan if I were hiring them, but clear to me McDaniels has a lot of free reign.

I don’t have NFL network so if anyone finds it on the intertubez can you let me know.

I’m really enjoying this America’s Game, this has been a good one.

Won’t lie, after losing weeks 14-15, I did not see it ending in confetti for the good guys. D, running, discipline, unselfish stars. Winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back