2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you like Thursday night football?

• Yes! The more football the better, doesn't matter the day

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • No! Football on Sundays (and Saturday NCAA) is enough

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • Ray Lewis loved, or didn't love, TNF so much that he killed a guy (maybe 2)

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t mind it. I live in the Pacific time zone. Night games on the east coast or central time are brutal.

The games are sloppy. Or one sided like last night. But the Patriots are a well run organization and always seem to be ready for Thursday night.

I actually have a harder time with Monday night games. I just devoted hours to watch football now I gotta eat dinner in front of the TV the next night? The wife is patient with me, but I know she doesn’t dig it.

I'm of the opinion that tired players competing right after a Sunday game the previous NFL week makes for a sloppy product. It's not a good reflection of someone's endurance.

Perhaps the league should introduce another week, but keep the game total for every team at 16. Everyone could benefit from two bye weeks.

What the league would do if it actually cared would have the Opening Night game on Thursday as it does now...then NO games on Thursday until the start of the bye week period that should by All rights not begin until after week 5 at the earliest, and end with the Thanksgiving day/night games.
In addition, any team that must play on Thursday must also be coming off a bye week, thereby ensuring that no team will ever be given only 3 days between game days. #RealPlayerSafety.

Sure, play on Thursday and you don’t play on the Sunday before or after.....

I don't know why they don't move it to Friday nights. It used to be there would be a great college game on Friday nights, but now its hot garbage (South Florida versus Tulsa this week if you are interested).

I think that playing a NFL game on three days rest is absurd! Its great if you manage to win the game and then you have a ten day mini bye before your next game. But look at the physical beating the already beat up Colts team took on Thursday.

Move it to Friday night, most people can stay up and watch it, it gives the players another day of rest.

Isn't Friday the big High School football night? Could wind up with even worse viewership numbers than Thursdays.

Sure, play on Thursday and you don’t play on the Sunday before or after.....

Not sure what you mean by the Sunday after. Teams never play 3 days after a game, if you meant the immediate next one, but if you meant the one after that, why? They already get more time since their last game than their opponent.

As someone has posted, Thursday night games should only be played by teams following a bye, except for the first week.

Honestly I enjoyed it for the first year or two. Then I just stopped caring so much. Ylthe games usually are sloppy and it increases the chance of injury. I don't think the need to get rid of it entirely but having it every week is too much. Maybe a 4 year rotation outside of the season opener.

2 games on thanksgiving and two weeks before have it. Also do the byes at the same time. And line them up with them.

I guess the office didn’t get the memo. Sunday is football day unless it’s thanksgiving.

No don't like it, don't like it at all. Diminishing return on utility and it tends to be sloppy, probably is responsable for more injuries, and disrupts the natural rythem of 'sunday at 1:00

I liked it when it wasn't every single week. It's too much football.

The games usually suck, but I like knowing there’s a game on.

But I would say that if player health is a concern, they should do away with the Thanksgiving games too—players aren’t less prone to being hurt just because people are eating turkey that day.

Seems to me the obvious solution is to have the teams bye weeks the week before so they have extra rest before the game and after. Maybe that’s too obvious for the NFL? Or maybe there’s some logistical problem there that I’m not seeing.

Imo, it would have to be that each team had two bye weeks if one were to be used before a TNF game otherwise you'd have teams on a bye in the second week of the season which seems useless.

But I agree that they should consider it. But it was brought up a few years ago and apparently adding an additional week for the bye is tougher than it sounds. Something or everything else would have to move forward or back a week. Super Bowl, Draft, Training camps, contract deadlines, preseason games etc etc....

Anyone wonder how NFL Schedules are made?

Not sure what you mean by the Sunday after. Teams never play 3 days after a game, if you meant the immediate next one, but if you meant the one after that, why? They already get more time since their last game than their opponent.
Since the nfl plays on Sunday or Monday, usually, teams playing in Thursday need to be off the weekend before and the weekend after. Giving the team 10-11 days off before the Thursday game and 10-11 days off after.

Do you like football ?
Yes i do, yes i do
Do you like Thursday night?
Yes i do, yes i do
Do you like.... Thursday night football???
NO I DONT, YUCKY!

No i do not like tnf

I love thksgiving games but i do not consider them as tnf

Overall i do not like night games in general and not only for the fact it is dark night here...i would not like them also if i was living in Usa

I love 1 pm games and i 'accept' 4 pm games

I might enjoy the Thanksgiving day games if they were relevant to the Pats, but this year they're all NFC vs NFC games.

I have no problem with it as long as they put some decent teams on.

Made it through the entire Pats/Chiefs game. No work tomorrow!

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back