2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you like Thursday night football?

• Yes! The more football the better, doesn't matter the day

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • No! Football on Sundays (and Saturday NCAA) is enough

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • Ray Lewis loved, or didn't love, TNF so much that he killed a guy (maybe 2)

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patriot1136

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I'm curious if the majority of football fans like or dislike Thursday night football. My dad is adamant that he does not like it, but I've heard a lot of mixed feelings on it. Just curious everyone's opinion overall.

I like it as an occasional novelty, like for the opening game featuring the Super Bowl winner (because that doesn't require short rest), or Thanksgiving because of tradition. But I find the football to be sloppy, and it just doesn't give players enough time to recover. I'd rather keep it novel, but until the NFL starts losing money on it, I doubt it'll ever go back.

I like it as an occasional novelty, like for the opening game featuring the Super Bowl winner (because that doesn't require short rest), or Thanksgiving because of tradition. But I find the football to be sloppy, and it just doesn't give players enough time to recover. I'd rather keep it novel, but until the NFL starts losing money on it, I doubt it'll ever go back.
This is correct.

Hate it. It also interferes with my flow. I set aside time to watch football on the weekends and I enjoy doing other things throughout the week. Tonight for example, I'm not missing the premiere of Supernatural for a non patriot game even though I love football in general lol.

i know I am supposed to vote Ray Lewis, but no, I hate it.

Hate it. It also interferes with my flow. I set aside time to watch football on the weekends and I enjoy doing other things throughout the week. Tonight for example, I'm not missing the premiere of Supernatural for a non patriot game even though I love football in general lol.

Supernatural fan here too

I actually like Sunday/Monday night games but not Thursdays...screws with my circadian rhythm and leaves me feeling empty on the weekends...the extra half a week facing the chefs is nice though.

I don't know why they don't move it to Friday nights. It used to be there would be a great college game on Friday nights, but now its hot garbage (South Florida versus Tulsa this week if you are interested).

I think that playing a NFL game on three days rest is absurd! Its great if you manage to win the game and then you have a ten day mini bye before your next game. But look at the physical beating the already beat up Colts team took on Thursday.

Move it to Friday night, most people can stay up and watch it, it gives the players another day of rest.

Not at all. Like others above, I do not like night football. I'm a Sunday 1pm football fan, although the 425's fit nicely on some occasions.

i like the color rush jersey's

I'm not overly fond of it but will watch it. Plus, I live in Texas, so any primetime NE game means I get to watch the Pats more.

No. It’s a watered down, garbage product (with the exception of the first game of the season). Look at the last game. The Colts didn’t even practice for it and had to hold several players out because they were too banged up from the previous game. If the Pats don’t play, I usually don’t watch it.

That's it exactly. As a novelty special event, it was kind of cool and exciting. As a weekly staple, it's just bad football--an inferior product, and abusive to the players' bodies.

On the money front...I suspect the Thursday games are actually contributing to declining tv ratings across the board. Fans who watch a Thursday night game haven't built up a week of anticipation for Sunday (which, of course, is now a 3-game marathon). And non-football-watching spouses have a right to say "enough is enough" about ceding every Thursday AND Sunday AND Monday to the NFL.

whats worse is how they scheduled it - you have to wait til sunday night to watch another pats game.

Bad for the players and quality of play, good for me to have something to put on the TV while I do something else.

The games usually suck, but I like knowing there’s a game on.

But I would say that if player health is a concern, they should do away with the Thanksgiving games too—players aren’t less prone to being hurt just because people are eating turkey that day.

Seems to me the obvious solution is to have the teams bye weeks the week before so they have extra rest before the game and after. Maybe that’s too obvious for the NFL? Or maybe there’s some logistical problem there that I’m not seeing.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back