PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Division games are easy but the Bills game is the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can an upcoming division game be considered a tough game if past history is no indicator of the future?

Because the outcome could go either way.

Just because NE wins by 8 does not make it an easy division game. Already this season, the Jets gave NE trouble though the final score does not indicate that. Nothing needs to be stated about the Phins game,but a certain poster leading up to Miami told us not to be concerned because of the averages.

I dont know who this Pats team or who will show up.

How can an upcoming division game be considered a tough game if past history is no indicator of the future?

@Triumph
17fc89da63b8a1e2cee12b5574ec0b58.jpg

I prefer those easier games where the outcome could not go either way.
So that’s the argument? Division games are tough games because all games are tough?
Wow I wasted a lot of time and should have been discussing this with a brick wall.

So that’s the argument? Division games are tough games because all games are tough?
Wow I wasted a lot of time and should have been discussing this with a brick wall.

He's a troll. Seriously.

Because the outcome could go either way.

Just because NE wins by 8 does not make it an easy division game. Already this season, the Jets gave NE trouble though the final score does not indicate that. Nothing needs to be stated about the Phins game,but a certain poster leading up to Miami told us not to be concerned because of the averages.

I dont know who this Pats team or who will show up.

That doesn't really answer my question. The original post was two sentences and they contradicted each other. You can't call the next game tough if the past doesn't indicate anything.

Ive been here since 2004.

If pointing out that the Bills game is no cake walk makes you butthurt too bad.

Go have a good cry.
That’s not a troll post. What are posters talking about?

so... you say that past history is to be no indicator of the future, but we should rely on the average margins of games throughout recent history to suggest what the future should deliver.

You don't see that as an odd pair of assertions?

That doesn't really answer my question. The original post was two sentences and they contradicted each other. You can't call the next game tough if the past doesn't indicate anything.

I do not imply that division games are tough. My stance is that they are not easy.

Wins do not always tell the whole story. In only 1 season have the Pats dominated all division opponents in a sweep. All along the way in other season the Pats have won and lost 1 score division games.

Last edited:
so... you say that past history is to be no indicator of the future, but we should rely on the average margins of games throughout recent history to suggest what the future should deliver.

No, do not rely on margins of victory to indicate the future.

I say past history is no guarantee of a win. If averages are so crucial then the Pats should average in Gronks 2018 season with his career and ink him to a long term deal because the data would show that he is still playing at a high level.

You just don't get it? :D

The Bills can run and Josh Allen whom the Pats have not faced yet ran the ball a lot at Wyoming. The Bills have actually put in plays where Allen keeps the ball on the ground. The Bills are going to run and run and run after watching the tapes on Miami and Pittsburgh. Unless this NE run D improves right here and now you can kiss the playoffs goodbye because the Pats wont get past round 1.

Ninko lays out why the run defense is invisible on occasion. Every NE DL 2 gaps and he sees guys committing to 1 gap trying to make plays. Trouble is that the oppositions RB is reading the DL and that means there is a hole in the other gap. He also notices guys coasting and not that motivated. No Bryan Cox/ Rodney Harrison type guys either that step up and go off about playing this poorly. Hightower speaks up some but is fairly reserved.

The Bills can come to Foxboro and shock the Patriots with loss # 6.. Oakland beat Pittsburgh and Indy just shut out the Cowboys.

I don’t have the energy to read all of the reply that I assume are what I would post. “Division games are easy?” What you talking bout Willis?

While I am looking forward to this argument going over the next few days before thread is ultimately locked, to make it slightly less eye-bleeding than the last one, maybe you guys should quantify what you mean by Tough before proceeding?

Tough is a pretty abstract word, and is relative. You have to decide what Tough vs Not Tough means. Maybe you can rank all games in, say, 2017 in order of Toughness and then draw a line at the cutoff where you say "OK everything above here is officially Tough". Then you can go back for each division game in the last decade and see if it was Tough or Not Tough. Then you can say what the Tough / Not Tough ratio was for division games, and maybe even compare that to out of division games for context.

I look forward to the results.

As an aside, when you write Tough too many times, you achieve Semantic Satiation:

Semantic satiation - Wikipedia

I've read this several times. My conclusion is that English is NOT your first language.

I do not imply that division games are tough. My stance is that they are not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST