PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Division games are easy but the Bills game is the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
The Bills can run and Josh Allen whom the Pats have not faced yet ran the ball a lot at Wyoming. The Bills have actually put in plays where Allen keeps the ball on the ground. The Bills are going to run and run and run after watching the tapes on Miami and Pittsburgh. Unless this NE run D improves right here and now you can kiss the playoffs goodbye because the Pats wont get past round 1.

Ninko lays out why the run defense is invisible on occasion. Every NE DL 2 gaps and he sees guys committing to 1 gap trying to make plays. Trouble is that the oppositions RB is reading the DL and that means there is a hole in the other gap. He also notices guys coasting and not that motivated. No Bryan Cox/ Rodney Harrison type guys either that step up and go off about playing this poorly. Hightower speaks up some but is fairly reserved.

The Bills can come to Foxboro and shock the Patriots with loss # 6.. Oakland beat Pittsburgh and Indy just shut out the Cowboys.

The Bills can run and Josh Allen whom the Pats have not faced yet ran the ball a lot at Wyoming. The Bills have actually put in plays where Allen keeps the ball on the ground. The Bills are going to run and run and run after watching the tapes on Miami and Pittsburgh. Unless this NE run D improves right here and now you can kiss the playoffs goodbye because the Pats wont get past round 1.

Ninko lays out why the run defense is invisible on occasion. Every NE DL 2 gaps and he sees guys committing to 1 gap trying to make plays. Trouble is that the oppositions RB is reading the DL and that means there is a hole in the other gap. He also notices guys coasting and not that motivated. No Bryan Cox/ Rodney Harrison type guys either that step up and go off about playing this poorly. Hightower speaks up some but is fairly reserved.

The Bills can come to Foxboro and shock the Patriots with loss # 6.. Oakland beat Pittsburgh and Indy just shut out the Cowboys.
You can only hope.

Josh Allen does worry me. Greatly underestimated his mobility, could be frustrating to match up against.

I dread a scenario where the Ravens come to town on wild card weekend. It would be a fitting end to this disappointing season. Hopefully though, the Pats play inspired from here on out.We are still very much alive. can't take the last two games lightly.

Are you like a troll, hater, or what's your deal? You seem to go beyond being a pessimist and take pleasure in the idea of the Patriots losing.

And while the Patriots run defense isn't good, there's a reason the Steelers ran galore on them. It was Belichick's gameplan in the Bills-Giants Super Bowl. They completely sold out to stop the passing game, and the result was the Steelers scored just 17 points. It was a masterpiece that was spoiled by a very poor showing by the offense.

Are you like a troll, hater, or what's your deal? You seem to go beyond being a pessimist and take pleasure in the idea of the Patriots losing.

And while the Patriots run defense isn't good, there's a reason the Steelers ran galore on them. It was Belichick's gameplan in the Bills-Giants Super Bowl. They completely sold out to stop the passing game, and the result was the Steelers scored just 17 points. It was a masterpiece that was spoiled by a very poor showing by the offense.

1. There is a reason why they just decided to concede the run... and it goes beyond selling out to stop Brown and SS.

2. The Steelers stopped themselves with two brain dead Big Ben throws more than the Patriots stopped them. Otherwise, that game was getting ugly.

Unless the Patriots get the #2 seed and KC/SD is upset round 2, the season was probably lost in Pittsburgh.

This team is trash on the road and blew their shot to avoid any road playoff games.

Every opponent is dangerous in the NFL

I have always held to that philosophy myself but a recent thread created here at patsfans by a legend in his own mind and expert in the field of circular argument used this bizarre alchemy called averaging to show me the error of my belief.

Applying the dazzling (ahem) logic on display there the other teams in the AFCE shouldn't be taken seriously at all. Obviously you don't even need to give this one any thought and can comfortably bet the scratching post the Pats will easily cover the spread. Heck you can go all in and put every last ounce of kitty litter on the Pats taking down the over all by themselves.

Last edited:

Get real.

At one point in the game, the Steelers TOP was 22+ and the Pats TOP was 12 + thanks to Jalen Samuels. Nobody ever heard of the guy until Sunday. Winning formula my axx. Steelers redzone efficiency 67%
Ben missed wide open WRs and Steelers lower depth chart WRs cleaned up.

The masterful performance on defense was by Pittsburgh for a change. Pats 2 biggest plays were broken coverage on Hogan and 2 Steeler DB picking themselves on a long Edelman gainer.

If you dont see a problem with the NE run defense and defense in general youre on another planet.

Why isn't this in the existing "We are onto the Bills" thread?

Josh Allen does worry me. Greatly underestimated his mobility, could be frustrating to match up against.

I dont recall which season but he averaged 8 carries a game at Wyoming.

Why isn't this in the existing "We are onto the Bills" thread?

Because the importance of this game needs to be stated.

If the Pats save this season it will be Belichicks finest yet.

Because the importance of this game needs to be stated.

If the Pats save this season it will be Belichicks finest yet.

The "We are onto the Bills" thread doesn't state the importance? If anything, it shifts the focus to a single game....

But that is just like my opinion, mannn....

Get real.

At one point in the game, the Steelers TOP was 22+ and the Pats TOP was 12 + thanks to Jalen Samuels. Nobody ever heard of the guy until Sunday. Winning formula my axx. Steelers redzone efficiency 67%
Ben missed wide open WRs and Steelers lower depth chart WRs cleaned up.

The masterful performance on defense was by Pittsburgh for a change. Pats 2 biggest plays were broken coverage on Hogan and 2 Steeler DB picking themselves on a long Edelman gainer.

If you dont see a problem with the NE run defense and defense in general youre on another planet.

I didn't say they have a strong defense or run defense, just that you're completely off-base in blowing it up to be a huge issue, that will prevent them from beating the Bills; you started the thread (unnecessarily) about losing a game at home an AFC team for the second time in about 60 games (where the starters actually play the whole game) with a total overreaction and absurd degree of exaggeration. Say what you will but using a game as an example where they held the opponent almost two touchdowns below average is not a great position. Go put money on the Bills and get a payout of like 8x, show us all how smart you are.

There's also a thread called "We're onto Buffalo" but I guess this needed its own separate discourse because this can't be covered in that thread (nothing to do with your love of trolling/attention.) That the Patriots have a subpar run defense is such a profound thought, I'm sure no one in that thread has brought it up.

Last edited:
Unless the Patriots get the #2 seed and KC/SD is upset round 2, the season was probably lost in Pittsburgh.

This team is trash on the road and blew their shot to avoid any road playoff games.
Lucky for us when the game starts it’s zero-zero and your opinion that the patriots are trash will have nothing to do with the outcome.

I have always held to that philosophy myself but a recent thread created here at patsfans by a legend in his own mind and expert in the field of circular argument used this bizarre alchemy called averaging to show me the error of my belief. Applying the dazzling (ahem) logic on display there the other teams in the AFCE shouldn't be taken seriously at all. Obviously you don't even need to give this one any thought and can comfortably bet the scratching post the Pats will easily cover the spread. Heck you can go all in and put every last ounce of kitty litter on the Pats taking down the over all by themselves.
It is proof that you know you are wrong when you have to lie about the argument you are disagreeing with.

No one said division opponents are guaranteed wins and the “alchemy” was winning 12 of 13 and 60 of 80.

The INCORRECT response to that was “yeah but they are close” to which I showed with actual scores that no they really were not.

The idea that “average” had anything to do with the topic was introduced by a failure poster who knew he was wrong and tried to invent a straw to grasp at.

I'm not optimistic about this game either. That being said they coulda won the last 2 games if 1 or 2 plays are changed. So they are not getting smoked. The run D has been an issue all year. Luckily they are at home and should be able to outscore both the Bills and Jete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes