PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the Patriots cheat the Steelers out of Super Bowls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why I can't stand these people.

-Trippin Tomlin.
-Their deflated football issues.
-the walkie talkie sh*t.
-and their 70's pharmaceutical superteams.

And they question OUR accomplishments?

Spygate was about camera location rules in a 2007 memo. How the hell these drunken f*cktards think this has anything to do with any of our games against them is beyond me.

The sooner that fan base dies of Patriot-envy induced alcohol poisoning, the better.

I just want to commend you on your fine use of the phrase "drunken f*cktard," I have rarely seen it used better.

Bravo

Only 5 more days of this crap. Medically induced coma until Sunday 6:30 pm is an option I guess.

Medically-induced comas used to be unpleasant and difficult and had to take place under medical supervision. Nowadays, you can buy it by the gram and remain comfortably numb until kickoff. Good times!

Let them embarrass themselves. If anything i hope this gains more coverage and bb / brady see it. They always seem to save their best for the steelers.
Pats ****ing Destroy them please

You have to blame that stupid ESPN piece which made this worse.

This crap sticks and no one cares to check the actual play. Even my 8 yr old nephew read the ESPN stuff in a magazine and thought it was all true.
Matt. Walsh. A total loser dismissed from the team for being, well, a total loser.

The antithesis of credibility, but they dug him up and he's their source to legitimize their story.

The single difference between CameraLocationGate & DefameGate is the calendar.

No, but a more appropriate and relevant questions would be, did the steroid popping Steelers of the 70's cheat the Vikings out of Super Bowl IX, the Cowboys out of Super Bowl's X & XIII, and the Rams out of Super Bowl XIV ? Maybe they should ask that one instead? And, I won't even mention that travesty of epic proportion that took place in Super Bowl XL, against the Seahawks. Had to make sure "Bus" got his SB ring, especially in his home town of Detroit.
Well, I guess they did make enough plays to beat the Cardinals (thank you, Bernard Pollard); but XL was a ripoff. Like everything else, can't compare to the robbery of '76; so based on that the franchises should be tied right now in SB wins.

Official also took away Oilers' TD in previous game @ 3Rivers

OH, I remember that in the AFCCG very well. It was either late in the 3rd quarter or early 4th, and Pitt up 17-10. Looked like Dan Pastorini hit the receiver in the back of the end zone for a TD, on 3rd down, and it was immediately called incomplete. And, they did not have instant replay for review back then. Well, that pretty much did the Oilers in. They kicked a FG to make it 17-13. Pitt scored a FG and TD after to put the game away. Then when asked about this, I think it was that steroid popper Jack Lambert (could be wrong), his response was, well even if they did score a TD to tie, don't you think we would have come back and got a TD to win? No, dip ****, there is NO way to know that for certain Each play directly effects everything that follows it. There is NO way to say for certain that you would have. I remember that to this day, almost 40 years later. I was 12 at the time, and wanted so bad to see that Pitt dynasty end. THANKFULLY, that SB (XIV) proved to be the END of their dynasty.

Well, I guess they did make enough plays to beat the Cardinals (thank you, Bernard Pollard); but XL was a ripoff. Like everything else, can't compare to the robbery of '76; so based on that the franchises should be tied right now in SB wins.

Oh yeah, we'll all remember the 1976 playoff game the rest of our lives. Any time a Raiders' fan brings up the "tuck rule" game, I always shut them by stating, I tell you what, I'll trade you the 2001 SB, for our rightful '76 one. Blank stares !!!!

Ever notice how the vast majority of Steeler fans (and writers) simply trot out a worn out myth, treat it as fact, and then expect or demand someone defending the Patriots to come up with proof that the alleged consequence did not happen?

That's the beauty about conspiracy theories. The supposed victim (Steelers) only has to offer a rumor or oft-repeated line; to the yinzers that passes as evidence. And since you cannot disprove a negative, the inability to do so is further proof in their clouded minds that they are correct. From there it is a very short step to use that 'proof' as a launching pad to convict on any new gossip, based on prior 'crimes'.
Raiders, Steelers, Rams...

then

Titans, Colts, Panthers...

and

Colts, Steelers, Eagles

...meanwhile, I never heard anybody being accused of cheating in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's...

OH, I remember that in the AFCCG very well. It was either late in the 3rd quarter or early 4th, and Pitt up 17-10. Looked like Dan Pastorini hit the receiver in the back of the end zone for a TD, on 3rd down, and it was immediately called incomplete. And, they did not have instant replay for review back then. Well, that pretty much did the Oilers in. They kicked a FG to make it 17-13. Pitt scored a FG and TD after to put the game away. Then when asked about this, I think it was that steroid popper Jack Lambert (could be wrong), his response was, well even if they did score a TD to tie, don't you think we would have come back and got a TD to win? No, dip ****, there is NO way to know that for certain Each play directly effects everything that follows it. There is NO way to say for certain that you would have. I remember that to this day, almost 40 years later. I was 12 at the time, and wanted so bad to see that Pitt dynasty end. THANKFULLY, that SB (XIV) proved to be the END of their dynasty.
Mike Renfro, who later retired from the Cowboys when they drafted a kid named Michael Irvin.

There's a lot of negative things that can be said about that "book." It's basically a message board post pumped up on steroids like a 70s Steelers O-lineman.

The funny thing about the guy behind it is that he lost his job as an investment broker because he was providing misleading information to clients in exchange for money from the company he was propping up. He was fined and temporarily banned by the NASD. With his book, he's doing the same sort of thing: Providing misleading information (doctored stats, theories where the only evidence is in his head, incomplete information, etc) to get his clients to buy his book. Unfortunately, there's no regulatory agency to shut him down this time.
Well, he sounds more than qualified to work in the NFL league offices.

And IIRC there was a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty assessed on the play that would have put the ball at the PIT 40 had the fumble been reversed. Easily within range for a Fitzgerald jump ball in the end zone.

It would be one thing if the fumble was reviewed and upheld but I thought it was odd the play wasn't even reviewed.
Automatic booth review wasn't in effect then??

They don't have to ever since Goodell became Omissioner and gave them ready made excuses.
Tuck Rule, hatetheircoach and nochanceforthemtorepeat(champ bailey wrongcall) all occurred prior to Goodell.

I live in Pittsburgh.

I have argued Spygate like a defense attorney for at least 3 hours already at work.

Another approach to this is to ask opposing fans if they think losing a #1 pick is an appropriate punishment for taping an opposing team's walkthrough.

If you present it so that the person you are talking to thinks you are talking about the Pats taping the Rams, they will likely take the position that the punishment was justified.

You can then bring up the fact that the only team caught doing that was Denver, and their penalty was $100,000.00.

You can take the opportunity to point out that, contrary to the often reported talking point that the Pats taped the Rams, it was bogus, as Matt Walsh had nothing when given the opportunity to present his evidence to the NFL*, and the threatened congressional investigation was just another overreaction to this false narrative.

You might also point out that the Boston Herald did not take out a full page retraction based on the Jon Tomase article, if they believed the accuracy of his story.

Point taken, but the memo hadn't been sent out yet.

Plus in the instances when NY teams HAVE been caught in violations, they only received wrist slaps. The Giants having their 4th round pick devalued a maximum of 12 spots, is as harsh as it got.

The infamous memo from Ray Anderson was sent out in September, 2006. When the Patriots ejected a Jets film crew from Gillette during the 2006 playoffs, they were violating the same rule that got the Patriots in hot water in the 2007 opener.

We didn't know it at the time, but this was probably Patient Zero of Goodell looking the other way when the Jets broke the rules.

Confusion exists around when the memo was sent out because the initial stories in 2007 only said that the memo came out in September. I have no way of proving this, but I believe the omission of the year was intentional, to make it seem like the memo just came out and New England blew it off. Instead, it had been out for a year, at least one other team had violated it and nothing happened to them.

The infamous memo from Ray Anderson was sent out in September, 2006. When the Patriots ejected a Jets film crew from Gillette during the 2006 playoffs, they were violating the same rule that got the Patriots in hot water in the 2007 opener.

We didn't know it at the time, but this was probably Patient Zero of Goodell looking the other way when the Jets broke the rules.

Confusion exists around when the memo was sent out because the initial stories in 2007 only said that the memo came out in September. I have no way of proving this, but I believe the omission of the year was intentional, to make it seem like the memo just came out and New England blew it off. Instead, it had been out for a year, at least one other team had violated it and nothing happened to them.

It's interesting that Spygate and Defamegate BOTH came relatively soon after the Pats were involved in an issue involving the Rats.

For Spygate, it was the Pats kicking the Rats out of Gillette when they were taping from the wrong location. (Also remember that the Rats said they had permission and BB said they didn't. Did the Pats actually report that to the NFL* ? My recollection was that they didn't, )

For Defamegate, it came shortly after the Pats complained to the NFL* about the Rats tampering with Revis.

Coincidence?

The league didn't circulate the memo banning filming from the field and suggesting filming be done from the press box area until 2006 2007. Bill Cowher was likely filming the 2004 regular season game from the field also. That regular season game was a fluke game much like the KC game in 2014. Everyone knew BB would beat Big Ben, the rookie QB in the playoffs. Complete ******** across the board

My recollection was that they didn't.

With camera gate they didn't. They handled it like men and kicked them out of the spot and told them to film elsewhere. IMO Cameragate is almost as big of a non story as Airgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes