PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the Patriots cheat the Steelers out of Super Bowls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Starkey's Mailbag: Did the Patriots cheat the Steelers out of Super Bowls?

Joe Starkey, @JoeStarkey1: You never answered your own question, jerk: Did the Patriots cheat the Steelers out of a Super Bowl or two?

Starkey: Hi, Joe. I’m going to say no in 2001, despite Hines Ward’s protestations. I’m a lot more suspicious of 2004, when the Patriots likely stole the Steelers’ defensive hand signals during a regular-season game at Heinz Field and came back here for the AFC championship.

Maybe change your signals, you dopes? It's not like they hid the camera and 80,000 people in the stadium see the same damn signals. So if a coach in the press box just wrote down your signal would that not be cheating? The Steeler fans really are the worst. Entitled douche bags think the Superbowl is their birth right.

No, but a more appropriate and relevant questions would be, did the steroid popping Steelers of the 70's cheat the Vikings out of Super Bowl IX, the Cowboys out of Super Bowl's X & XIII, and the Rams out of Super Bowl XIV ? Maybe they should ask that one instead? And, I won't even mention that travesty of epic proportion that took place in Super Bowl XL, against the Seahawks. Had to make sure "Bus" got his SB ring, especially in his home town of Detroit.

Last edited:
Starkey's Mailbag: Did the Patriots cheat the Steelers out of Super Bowls?

Joe Starkey, @JoeStarkey1: You never answered your own question, jerk: Did the Patriots cheat the Steelers out of a Super Bowl or two?

Starkey: Hi, Joe. I’m going to say no in 2001, despite Hines Ward’s protestations. I’m a lot more suspicious of 2004, when the Patriots likely stole the Steelers’ defensive hand signals during a regular-season game at Heinz Field and came back here for the AFC championship.
Yup thats why Ben threw an INT in the redzone or Jerome Bettis couldnt get a single yard on 4th and 1 or your all pro safety bit on a route . Because of defensive signals.

They. Used. A. Wristband. System. As confirmed multiple times by then-HC Bill Cowher.

I hate the Steelers more than I could possibly put into words, but I hate their yinzer fans even worse.

You have to blame that stupid ESPN piece which made this worse.
Some of the Steelers’ defensive coaches remain convinced that a deep touchdown pass from Brady to Deion Branch in the January 2005 AFC Championship Game, which was won by the Patriots 41-27, came from stolen signals because Pittsburgh hadn’t changed its signals all year, sources say, and the two teams had played a game in the regular season that (Matt) Walsh told investigators he believes was taped. “They knew the signals, so they knew when it went in what the coverage was and how to attack it,” says a former Steelers coach. “I’ve had a couple of guys on my teams from New England, and they’ve told me those things.
This crap sticks and no one cares to check the actual play. Even my 8 yr old nephew read the ESPN stuff in a magazine and thought it was all true.

Yup thats why Ben threw an INT in the redzone or Jerome Bettis couldnt get a single yard on 4th and 1 or your all pro safety bit on a route . Because of defensive signals.

Well, if indeed we "stole" your signals. then who's fault is that, that you never "changed" your signals? Don't even average coaches do that regularly.

No, but a more appropriate and relevant questions would be, did the steroid popping Steelers of the 70's cheat the Vikings out of Super Bowl IX, the Cowboys out of Super Bowl's X & XIII, and the Rams out of Super Bowl XIV ? Maybe they should ask that one instead?

Pass interference call in XIV was so bad

Anyone read that "Spygate the untold story" conspiracy theory book? I knew it had to be from a Steelers fan and it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes