SOURCE:mynamy.com

SOURCE:Fox Sports

SOURCE:Patriots.com

SOURCE:Boston Globe

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Did the Patriots cheat the Steelers out of Super Bowls?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by MrTibbs, Jan 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,305
    Steelers did it to themselves by making reservations and lockin up Superbowl details, parades etc Before playing us in AFCCG. How did that turn out?!

2. JarOfMayo51

JarOfMayo51 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +6,826
    We changed our signals every game in LITTLE LEAGUE BASEBALL.. like when I was 8 years old or something stupid, we had our 1st and 3rd base coaching signals change it up as well as the signals between the pitcher/catcher.. when we had a runner on 2nd, we had a mix of signals to ensure that they couldn't relay any information back to their team

Anyone who ever played a sport in their life probably did something similar to this in some fashion or another

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  3. lurker1965

lurker1965 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,338
    Here is a tactic I've used. Be an a**hole and agree with them. Point out Kordell Stewart threw interceptions because he knew the Patriots were stealing defensive signals. No one tackled Troy Brown because they were worried about defensive signals.

In 2004 Bettis was stuffed at the line on 4th and one - then fumbled - because he was worried about Patriots stealing defensive signals. Ben throws a pick 6 just before the half because he suspected the Patriots were stealing defensive signals. Cowher looked at 4th and goal on the one when it was supposedly still a game and opted for a field goal because he KNEW the Patriots had his defensive signals.

It is, I think, reducto absurdum, and only works with absurd arguments.

• Like Like x 6
  4. RecoveringCowboy

RecoveringCowboy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,478
    Hypocritical OP question from a Pittsburgh Stealers fan.

5. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +6,765
    Let them embarrass themselves. If anything i hope this gains more coverage and bb / brady see it. They always seem to save their best for the steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RecoveringCowboy

RecoveringCowboy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,478
    [​IMG]

The line for Pittsburgh:

B E H I N D

E V E R Y

S T E E L E R

I S

A N

E M E N A

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2016-pittsburgh-steelers-1785792412

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,418
    I enjoy the fact that other teams think the Pats cheat. It can only help as a distraction. It probably fires the team up also.

As for the fans, the Spybabies aren't worth arguing with so I don't waste time with them. They're becoming a minority anyway.

Whatever happened to the fans who used to whine about the Pats rubbing it in? We don't hear them much anymore.

The only thing left now for many fans (and some opposing coaches and players) is to yell "cheat, cheat, never beat" to any Pats win. I can live with that.

8. The Boston Patriot

The Boston Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,316
    If beating them is cheating, I hope we cheat their asses off.

9. ANGR89

ANGR89 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2,388
    I just stopped at the store, I have on Patriots sweatshirt, Steelers fan says "you guys are going down", all I said was "I don't know about that". Which that simple statement led to him being a dick, hateful, saying " your team is probably bugging the lockerroom right now". I just said whatever they've never done that. Than got a "yes its true why else would multiple teams complain about it". As i was walking out he was yelling something about Patriots fans.
    Seriously Steeler fans are terrible, I literally cant have a normal football conversation with them, or even joke around because they turn into a bunch of ASSHOLES if i try to say anything positive about the Patriots. I want this win so bad!!!
    Sorry had to vent don't have many Patriots fans around here. lol

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. The Boston Patriot

The Boston Patriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,316
    You live among the Neanderthals? My word man, that's a terrible burden.

11. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +9,278
    To be fair, these assclowns live in Pittsburgh. Cognitive function isn't something to take for granted.

[​IMG]

I mean, they're breathing in formaldehyde...which isn't exactly good for the brain.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. PittPatriot

PittPatriot PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,856
    I did a 65 mile charity bike ride in Pittsburgh this past Fall. I wore a red Brady throwback jersey. I can't believe I received so many comments, people telling me my bike tires look deflated, one guy asked me if I was going to take a shortcut and cheat my way to the finish line, but most people were playful.

It is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. zoostation

zoostation In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2,312
    I smell a beatdown

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +9,278
    Yeah, I had a bit more angst about the Houston game than I do about this one.

The way I said it last week, and maybe even on this forum, was that it would be close for the first couple quarters and then the Pats would pull away. I just expected Houston to come out fired up. This week? I'm expecting a soul-crushing beatdown that the Steelers will make look better with some garbage time points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ivan

Ivan Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +24,234
    Somebody needs a hug.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Koma

Koma In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,826
    There's so much stupid involved in the Steelers crying about losing the 2004 AFCCG, it's hard to know where to start...

Pittsburgh had a terrific regular season, going 15-1 and beating the Patriots in Pittsburgh. There were several key personnel differences between the regular season and postseason match-up, though. Corey Dillon missed the first meeting due to injury. During the game, Matt Light and Ty Law went down with injuries. Take away a team's #1 RB, left tackle and #1 corner, and they are going to struggle. In the playoffs, Light and Dillon were back and the defense had time to adjust being without Law.

The week before the Patriots played Pittsburgh, the Steelers barely defeated the Jets. The Jets had played in Oakland the week before, then had to go to Pittsburgh. Like the Patriots, the Steelers had beaten the Jets handily in the regular season. In the divisional game, though, the Steelers escaped with a win in OT. They were extremely lucky to get to OT and win as the Jets missed 2 FGs that would have won the game late in the 4th quarter. I have never heard anyone from the Steelers accuse the Jets of stealing their signals as a reason they struggled.

The Steelers players and fans seem dumbfounded that the 2004 team didn't win the Super Bowl. They look at the Patriots and say "How could they do it? Something must have been going on." They couldn't imagine the Patriots beating their team. On the other hand, they had no problem accepting that their team would start the season 1-1 and then win 17 straight on their way to the SB with a rookie QB leading the way. As good as Roethlisberger played in his first season and beyond, he didn't come out of Texas, USC, OSU, or any of the other powerhouse programs of the mid-2000s. He played at a MAC school and faced less than 10 schools from the Power 5 conferences in his 3 years at Miami (OH.) To expect him to win every game he started in his first season in the NFL, including 3 playoff games, isn't very realistic. Put another way, if Cleveland, Baltimore, or Cincinnati drafted a QB from Akron that QB guided the team to 13 straight wins in the regular season, Steelers fans would find that very suspicious.

• Useful Useful x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. TB_Helmet

TB_Helmet In the Starting Line-Up Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +8,772
    Hey, if we videotaped their defensive signals in 2004 and used them in the AFC Conference Finals, as long as we did it from the stands, it was perfectly legal; no cheating took place.

Maybe.....they should have changed their signals?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TBR

TBR Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13,720
    Cowher's comments on spygate nullify any argument attempt from Steelers fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. robertweathers

robertweathers PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +80,915
    Patriots' Sleeper Cell comes to life!

bb.JPG

• Funny Funny x 7
  20. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3,982
    Cowher knew better and didn't want any built in excuses, Tomlin I'm not so sure, if he thinks the Pats cheat they're in his head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.