PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did the Patriots cheat the Steelers out of Super Bowls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I get a total kick out of.

So I coach Girls fast pitch travel ball. I have coached it since 10u (10 years of age and under) all the way up to currently High School.

Since our first year of 14u(you guessed it, 14 and under) we started using wrist bands for our signs because other teams were stealing them. Hell they were actually stealing them at 12u.

We have a sheet we put in the wristband which is essentially a matrix. So like multiple number combinations are actually the same call. Used for calling steals, bunts, takes, fake bunts, pitches, you name it.

WE CHANGE THIS SHEET EVERY GAME!!!!!!!!!! EVERY GAME!!!!

So now I am suppose to believe that a profesional sports team is not changing there signs multiple times a game??? Seriously????

Stealing signs is viewed by many to be part of the game.

I don't coach that way, but many do.

Any way, the hypocrisy can go over that top at times

The players you've coached could handle signals being changed on a game to game basis and they were high schoolers or younger. They also had other things on their mind, like school work, family vacations, what their friend are up to, or whatever could distract a 10-14 year old.

The players in the NFL are all in their 20s and 30s. Knowing their playbook is a big part of their full time job and they are paid well to do it. I'm not saying the signals for a softball team are as complex as an NFL playbook, changing signals in the NFL shouldn't be regarded like revamping a military code. There's no reason for a team like Pittsburgh to use the same signals all season other than a combination of laziness and arrogance.

In the 70's, the ball bounced in favor of the Steelers a lot.

So over the long-term it has balanced out.

No doubt Shehawks got screwed in that one. I love how Squealer fans think their holier than all. The 70's rings were all won on roids, no free agents, and no salary cap. They sucked before that, stock piled picks, drafted well (Chuck K was a very good coach), and got to keep the players with no salary cap. If they had replay back then the immaculate reception would have been called back and the Raiders would have went to the SB that year. Whatever... its all good.

Dear Steelers Nation,

Yes the Patriots cheated you out of multiple Super Bowls. We sincerely hope that you keep believing this and that it keeps you all up at night for the rest of your lives.

Love,
Patriots Nation

No doubt Shehawks got screwed in that one. I love how Squealer fans think their holier than all. The 70's rings were all won on roids, no free agents, and no salary cap. They sucked before that, stock piled picks, drafted well (Chuck K was a very good coach), and got to keep the players with no salary cap. If they had replay back then the immaculate reception would have been called back and the Raiders would have went to the SB that year. Whatever... its all good.
I agree with everything except the Raiders would have never beaten the Dolphins that year to get to the SB.

The players you've coached could handle signals being changed on a game to game basis and they were high schoolers or younger. They also had other things on their mind, like school work, family vacations, what their friend are up to, or whatever could distract a 10-14 year old.

The players in the NFL are all in their 20s and 30s. Knowing their playbook is a big part of their full time job and they are paid well to do it. I'm not saying the signals for a softball team are as complex as an NFL playbook, changing signals in the NFL shouldn't be regarded like revamping a military code. There's no reason for a team like Pittsburgh to use the same signals all season other than a combination of laziness and arrogance.

Exactly

I live in Pittsburgh.

I have argued Spygate like a defense attorney for at least 3 hours already at work.

Its absolutely brutal talking about the Patriots with non Patriots fans.. all they do is bring up cheating and cheaters.. they cheat.. cheat..

I ignore it but it is annoying. They are so salty of the success of the Patriots.

Its absolutely brutal talking about the Patriots with non Patriots fans.. all they do is bring up cheating and cheaters.. they cheat.. cheat..

I ignore it but it is annoying. They are so salty of the success of the Patriots.

I think it's worse than saltiness. I think people are being victimized by the mediots' constant drumbeat, which is being fueled by the NYFL. My only question is why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes