PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson Media Love-Fest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, sure, Wentz may break out this year, but saying you'd rather have Wentz than Cam Newton right now is utterly and completely absurd.
Honestly I respect your opinion but I have to respectfully disagree if I'm starting a franchise between Newton Winston and Wentz
I'm taking Winston, Wentz, Newton in that order your free to disagree with me

Deshaun Watson: remember that name, because everybody else will soon have forgotten it. You'll have a leg up in the trivia wars.

I don't know, Watson's going to a team with a great defense and one of the league's best receivers, along with another round 1 receiver who flashed last season as a rookie. I wouldn't bet against him succeeding.

Okay, sure, Wentz may break out this year, but saying you'd rather have Wentz than Cam Newton right now is utterly and completely absurd.
People really hate Cam Newton for some reason.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Watson graduated from Clemson in 3.5 years (came in a semester early). He is a smart kid. I live in SC, and while not a Clemson fan, have watched this kid blossom. He has won everywhere he has played - won 5A title in Georgia. He has flaws, but is a hard worker. I think he has a real shot to do well.
I like the guy, we have just seen time and time again that success in the NCAA doesnt always translate to success in the NFL. We shall see

He's over-rated by the lap-dogs of the lame-stream media.

I highly doubt it. Even if we accept that Newton is better than Roethlisberger, after Bell went out the Steelers only had Antonio Brown and not much else to threaten the Patriots with. Brown was contained and, with that in mind, I have a feeling that the #1 defense in the NFL would have found a way to rattle Cam and get him to turtle in yet another big game like he did in Super Bowl 50. Further, Cam doesn't play defense. Brady still would have tuned up the Steelers' defense. There's no way they win the Super Bowl just by replacing Ben with Cam because they wouldn't have even made it there anyway.

Reid's failures have been as a head coach. His in-game adjustments have been nothing short of bad at times throughout his coaching career. Due to that alone, those early-2000's Eagles teams underperformed in spite of the fact that they reached all of those championship games and the Super Bowl. But his ability as a quarterbacks coach shouldn't be questioned. He's gotten the most out of Alex Smith and he got the most out of both McNabb and Vick (albeit for one season). Mahomes is in the ultimate situation due to that fact coupled with the fact that he has the opportunity to sit, wait, and learn. This is Smith's team right now and he won't be thrust into action immediately.

Actually, if we're taking away the possibility of a QB pick blowing it because of his own stupidity, I'd say that Kelly is in the best possible situation. IMO, Kelly was the best pure passer to come out in this draft and would have a very bright future if football was his #1 priority. But it isn't. Partying and sliding into Mia Khalifa's DMs are his two top priorities. Unless that changes, he won't have much of a future in the NFL.

LOL He wore 2 dress shirts over one another to some NFL function/event/interview where you could clearly see the color differences. Like 2 button down, nice shirts on top of each other.

He got like 2 brain cells and their both head banging to the Andrew W.K.

Honestly surprised and happy if he makes it out the house with his shoes tied.

Honestly I respect your opinion but I have to respectfully disagree if I'm starting a franchise between Newton Winston and Wentz
I'm taking Winston, Wentz, Newton in that order your free to disagree with me

Let me know when wentz wins an MVP. Let him go through year 2 atleast. Even Winston over newton is questionable

They won in the worst division in football with a 9-7 and won a playoff game because Carr didn't play. Would anyone be shocked if they are 3-13 next year.

Accept it wasn't the worst division in football. The NFC west says hi. Hell I might even take the afc South over the afc north last year

People really hate Cam Newton for some reason.
Let's see....

-Lackluster effort, choke job in the Super Bowl. Boorish behavior post game.

-Took shots at TB during DFG.

-Complains about being a target to Goody.

The man screams entitlement which to me, makes him unlikeable.

Accept it wasn't the worst division in football. The NFC west says hi. Hell I might even take the afc South over the afc north last year

you're joking right. The AFC South was by far the worst

Let's see....

-Lackluster effort, choke job in the Super Bowl. Boorish behavior post game.

-Took shots at TB during DFG.

-Complains about being a target to Goody.

The man screams entitlement which to me, makes him unlikeable.
still doesnt answer why you dont think hes a top 10 QB.

He's a career 58 percent completion guy who had ONE great season and five mediocre ones.

That's not what I was responding to. My response was why no one likes him.

With regards to your question, kinda easy.

Top10

Brady
Rogers
Ryan
Wilson
Roeth
Brees
Cousins
Rivers
Stafford
Flacco
Luck
Carr

You can take two out and add Prescott, Mariota and Eli and get serious consideration as better game managers and better passers than Newton.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick