PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deshaun Watson accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

I don't get it...the masseuses were in Atlanta...what does that have to do with Houston?
There are so many cases that I have honestly lost track.... however, from the ones I read, most massages took place in Houston (or the Houston area). There was a woman from Atlanta who flew to Houston to give him a massage, but I am not sure he ever got one in Atlanta. I believe at least 1 massage took place outside Houston, in the LA/Beverly Hills area in CA.

How are any of these women going to prove anything?

How are any of these women going to prove anything?
These are civil cases, not criminal. Thus, the threshold is lower (preponderance v. reasonable doubt). And "proof" is in the eye of the juror.

Let's keep politics, race, etc. out of this thread, please. I'm reopening it because it's a topic that will remain relevant until it's resolved but it devolved badly and I'd like to get it back on track.
Hey, on the bright side people managed to go a whole 10 posts before bringing up politics again.

Reactions: Ian
But if he did it to these women the fact that he didn’t do it to others doesn’t make a difference.
My point was just it seems a bizarre reaction when 20 women say they were assaulted to jump to the conclusion they are all liars and direct your empathy at the accused.

Again this could be a shakedown. There’s 20 but in reality it’s not many. Could be buzzbee bluffing like i said. I am gonna wait it out. I wanna see buzzbee come out with more.

There’s 20 but in reality it’s not many.

WTF.gif

These are civil cases, not criminal. Thus, the threshold is lower (preponderance v. reasonable doubt). And "proof" is in the eye of the juror.

Looks like Hardin is countering it with the other 18 masseurs and we don’t know how many lawsuits there really is. Buzzbee could be bluffing. Idk how the jury will decide but they gonna need some real good evidence i feel to counter what the other 18 masseurs have said.

Looks like Hardin is countering it with the other 18 masseurs and we don’t know how many lawsuits there really is. Buzzbee could be bluffing. Idk how the jury will decide but they gonna need some real good evidence i feel to counter what the other 18 masseurs have said.
Hardin's "counter" is meaningless. Serial killers can put thousands of people on the stand to testify that he didn't kill them, after all...

Hardin's "counter" is meaningless. Serial killers can put thousands of people on the stand to testify that he didn't kill them, after all...
Poor analogy. These are women who have had similar professional relationships to the accused saying he never behaved inappropriately. Given that this whole trial is taking place in the media, having 18 character witnesses willing to step forth and publicly defend him is not a bad idea.

Poor analogy. These are women who have had similar professional relationships to the accused saying he never behaved inappropriately. Given that this whole trial is taking place in the media, having 18 character witnesses willing to step forth and publicly defend him is not a bad idea.

Exactly right now it’s a he said she said case. Is watson going to lose of that? If it’s that the case more people will abuse the court systems. They can’t take one side out of the other without showing some really good evidence.

Can 18 of the other women suing him testify in the case of the 19th who's case is on trial? And so on? Kinda like a rotating witness pool?

I thought about this 2 weeks ago. Wish I could get Hardin $$ for the idea.

At this point, the only way DW will be able to counter these accusations is to find dozens of therapists to say the opposite of what's being alleged. Good luck with that.

Buzzbee has now said he won't hand over evidence to the HPD. Hmmmmm............the plot thickens

I smell a cash settlement incoming.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
Back